What do alliances do, exactly?

Options
Spiritclaw
Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Before spending ISO to create one, I have a few questions:

1) Are they PC only? I mainly play on PC, but my prospective allies mostly use Ipads. My ipad doesn't seem to have a create alliance button.
2) What are the benefits of being in an alliance, as of today?
3) Do we know for sure of any upcoming benefits that haven't been implemented yet?

Comments

• Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    1)No
    2) None
    3) No

It's just the foundation of something to come.

if I were going to try to think of benefits it could be: 1) Maybe the cheapest it will ever be (could be HP in the future) 2) You can lock in good players now and they may feel obliged to stick with the alliance when it begins to matter.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    Before spending ISO to create one, I have a few questions:

1) Are they PC only? I mainly play on PC, but my prospective allies mostly use Ipads. My ipad doesn't seem to have a create alliance button.
    2) What are the benefits of being in an alliance, as of today?
    3) Do we know for sure of any upcoming benefits that haven't been implemented yet?

1) Both PC and mobile.
    2) None, really - you can see each other's roster.
    3) Nope, they've been tight-lipped about it, but do have plans to do more.
  • Alliances prevent you from leveling heroes for about 2500 ISO-8.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks. Looks like the problem finding the alliance button on Ipad is just that the app store was less pro-active in updating the software than steam. icon_e_smile.gif

Also, after experimentation it seems only the creator needs to pay ISO. I don't have enough members yet to see if you can pay more ISO to expand your ranks once you've hit 5 members.
  • someguy321 wrote:
    Alliances prevent you from leveling heroes for about 2500 ISO-8.
    What do you mean?
  • KevinMark wrote:
    someguy321 wrote:
    What do you mean?

He's being sarcastic.

If you are the one to create an alliance it costs you 2500 ISO, which you could spend leveling your heroes instead.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    someguy321 wrote:
    What do you mean?

He is saying it costs you 2.5k ISO to make an alliance which means that is 2.5k ISO you are not putting into leveling a hero. Of course this only applies to making an alliance. Joining one is free.
  • I wouldn't be so quick to say "none". For all we know, you might no longer get alliance members showing up in your matchmaking and/or brackets. I mean it would be kind of silly to be able to attack teamates.
  • To me Alliance seems like a friends list. I have friends that play the game and being able to look at there rosters to see how there doing is cool to me.