The Bagman Re-Branding initiative...

Options
bbigler
bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
Since Bagman covers are rarely obtained through PvP match rewards, I think it would excite people's interest if Bagman was really good instead of really bad. This is purely to make the game more fun. He could be a super powerful 2*, with the same ability themes, but not be considered "broken" because 2*s max out at level 144 and his covers are really hard to get. I would say that getting his covers are as difficult as 4*s (I get about 1 cover per month). I think he should be a character that is extremely useful to a real player, but easily beaten (because he's still the lame bagman). Here's my buff for him:

Bagman, Level 144, Health 9,000

Switcheroo
6 Purple: Swap any 2 tiles; if this swap causes a match-5, then activate this power again.

Web-Slinger
5 Blue: For each web tile on the board plus 1, choose any tile and change it into a web tile.
Passive: If any web tile is matched/destroyed, stun the target for 2 turns and deal 2,000 damage.

Snarky Remark
4 Yellow: For each countdown tile on the board, deal 2,000 damage to the target and increase that timer by 2.

Notes: 9,000 health is high for a 2*, but it could take years to max level him. All powers are both offensive and defensive. Switcheroo is able to match away enemy special tiles as well as being a color battery and critical-tile-damage dealer. Web-Slinger is meant to be used repeatedly for maximum effect, locking down the enemy team while dealing damage. Snarky Remark works for both friendly and enemy CD tiles, so the power can both stall your opponent and hit hard too. This proposed Bagman would be sick with Star Lord and Professor X!

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bagman is absolutely perfect as is. He's in game for collectors to nab for bragging rights. He's a niche character, never essential, not OP/meta and that's how characters with such limited releases should be (Devil Dino, Howard, etc.).

I would LOVE more chances for covers but then wouldn't get as excited when one drops randomly (seemingly at a clip lower than 5*).

I vote no for Bagrestoration.