MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2017 Edition *Updated (2/24/17)

Comments

• oogboog
    oogboog Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Anyone know what R&G covers we'll be getting? I'm hoping it's his yellow.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    alphabeta wrote:
    jgomes32 wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    *(2/23/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies

Can you confirm if Heroics will be restricted again?

Would like to know this as well - the unrestricted heroic was a test I think - what are we getting on an ongoing basis now?
    Good question! I've just sent out an email to the developers. I'll update this post when I get a response back.

Update: While character restrictions for Heroics is by no means permanent, the Venom: Heroic event will not have character restrictions. The developers are currently exploring other options on what to do with Heroics. Hope that helps!

So after a universally booed test event, they went ahead and implemented the non-restricted Heroics? Have you seen the boosted list for that event???? It would be so sweet to play that event at normal scaling with so many good characters boosted, but nooooooo.

Listening, my redacted.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can never remember this, but is it the top ten reward for scl 7 or 8 that ends up being the progression reward for the next pve?
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    I can never remember this, but is it the top ten reward for scl 7 or 8 that ends up being the progression reward for the next pve?

Yes. There may be individual exceptions, but generally that's the case.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Orion wrote:
    Brigby, the progression awards for Rags PvP and Thor PvP are the same.
    Thanks for the heads-up. I've gone ahead and corrected that.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    smkspy wrote:

Yes. There may be individual exceptions, but generally that's the case.

Which is it, 7 or 8 lol?
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's the top 20 reward of either 7 or 8.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:
    So after a universally booed test event, they went ahead and implemented the non-restricted Heroics? Have you seen the boosted list for that event???? It would be so sweet to play that event at normal scaling with so many good characters boosted, but nooooooo.

Listening, my redacted.
    You didn't really expect them to listen to us 5* players, did you?
    Who cares if we're having the same slog in every PVE now, overall participation in the Heroic must be WAY up.

They'll start caring about 5* players once that buy club money stops rolling in, and it doesn't look like this will happen anytime soon.
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for no roster restrictions in the Venom Heroic event. Won't take as long for me to grind. Great quality of life change!!!
  • ClydeFrog76
    Yeah, who wants different modes of play with different conditions of success that test our rosters and team composition.

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Heroics were arduous and painful until I had at least half of the 3*s champed, and I still remember the horror that was my first, when I was barely starting on my 2*s.

Surely the solution most likely to please the most people (obviously not everyone, because, y'know, human nature) is to have them unrestricted up to say CL5 or 6, and then restricted above that. People who don't want the restrictions could always drop down for lesser rewards.
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    My question about Heroics is: Why is there no Heroic H.A.M.M.E.R.?
  • ClydeFrog76
    What is really starting to annoy me about the attitude of a lot of players, especially new ones, is the idea that everyone should be able to play all the content, all the time.

The amount of whining about the Behemoth Burrito node is amazing. God forbid people who have put in the effort to roster every single 2*, 3* and 4* should get thrown a little bonus every day. I literally just finished rostering them all last week, and I've been playing for over 3 years. Even if I didn't have them all, I wouldn't stamp my feet about not being able to earn the TWO WHOLE CP every day.

Play what you can. Build your roster. Deal with it.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    What is really starting to annoy me about the attitude of a lot of players, especially new ones, is the idea that everyone should be able to play all the content, all the time.

The amount of whining about the Behemoth Burrito node is amazing. God forbid people who have put in the effort to roster every single 2*, 3* and 4* should get thrown a little bonus every day. I literally just finished rostering them all last week, and I've been playing for over 3 years. Even if I didn't have them all, I wouldn't stamp my feet about not being able to earn the TWO WHOLE CP every day.

Play what you can. Build your roster. Deal with it.
    Your comment is, on its face, about Behemoth Burrito whining (which ironically has been mostly by veteran players who don't want to roster 2*s). But you posted it right after several complaints about Heroics.

If you're also saying the same thing about people who don't want Heroics to go back to the way they were, you might have a point. If Heroics weren't PVE (which is the primary way for less-developed rosters to actually build their roster). And if Heroics didn't run all the freaking time.

So I'm sure that wouldn't be what you were saying, because complaints (even by new players) that they could hardly play an event type that runs all the time, and that is the only mode of play in which they can make any significant progress, would be completely valid.

Don't you think? icon_e_wink.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    Everyone could play Heroics the way they were. It's just that some people had a harder time because they might not have all the featured characters. They'd still be able to play, they'd still be able to earn ISO and other rewards. They just might not hit max progression.

Again, deal with it. Why should everyone be able to do well in every mode of the game? It was a different type of PVE, a different way to play that a LOT of people enjoyed - myself included - because it forced us to use our backbench characters that generally don't get much love. And let's not forget that it was the only PVE that 5* players could enjoy without insane scaling. Which imo is a good enough reason to keep it around.

They run every now and then, not all the time. I really don't understand why so many people had such an issue with them the way they were.

And my comment was purely about the sense of entitlement that's rife in this game. BB was just a really good example of the issue, but the Heroic switch is just as valid.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2017
    Everyone could play Heroics the way they were. It's just that some people had a harder time because they might not have all the featured characters. They'd still be able to play, they'd still be able to earn ISO and other rewards. They just might not hit max progression.
    You... haven't played as a new player in a while. I'm only a year in, but Heroics were basically unplayable until my roster was at the champed 3* level. The amount of progression I could make vs the number of health packs I would burn was largely due to not being able to use most of my well-covered characters. To be clear, that amount was basically nothing.
    Again, deal with it. Why should everyone be able to do well in every mode of the game? It was a different type of PVE, a different way to play that a LOT of people enjoyed - myself included - because it forced us to use our backbench characters that generally don't get much love. And let's not forget that it was the only PVE that 5* players could enjoy without insane scaling. Which imo is a good enough reason to keep it around.
    It's still around. If they just lock out 5* characters (and scale it for that) everybody would win. You are asking D3 to screw over most new players on a regular basis in the one mode they can reasonable play, in order to cater to the players who quite literally dominate every other facet of the game. Who's entitled again?
    They run every now and then, not all the time. I really don't understand why so many people had such an issue with them the way they were.
    Let's look at 2016. There were 93 PVE events (including all special boss and character release events). Seventeen of them were Heroics. That's nearly 20% (18.3 if you want to be precise).

They. Run. All. The. Time.

EDIT - Shout out here to a totally awesome strawman, but this has to be addressed:
    Again, deal with it. Why should everyone be able to do well in every mode of the game?
    Not "do well" - newer rosters still get handcuffed by a lot of the goon types, let alone some of the dark avengers. They just don't have the character skills yet to deal with them effectively. But being able to give it a decent try is a reasonable request.

And not "every mode of the game" - just PVE - which is the ONLY MODE that they can realistically play with any reasonable amount of success.

So yeah, two strawmen in a single sentence. Not bad.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Like i said before in another thread, if the change was made to help new players just remove restrictions based on SCL (1-4?)
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Next buff list please?
  • ClydeFrog76
    They. Run. All. The. Time.

Shout out to some serious exaggeration. 1 in 5 isn't all the time. 1 in 2 is all the time. 1 in 5 is some of the time.

When I first started I couldn't play ANY form of PVE properly for months. New players honestly don't know how good they have it.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    Next buff list please?

have not been announced yet, but my predictions are for four stars:

x-force, luke cage, electra, miles, cho and red hulk

that is six so minus one!

could also be the new captain marvel