Fate is Rarely Fair

Options
Monkeynutts
Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
edited February 2017 in MtGPQ Events
Why the hellis your stupid wisdom do set up this event so people who have summon 5 vehicle then end up playing against no vehicle decks and see Olivia, Ulrich and Geier etc etc.. What a crock of you know what!

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you guys actually agreed this is a good idea for the gamers experience...

Comments

• Monkeynutts
    Options
    Also the res node under 20 hp ribbon doesnt work. finished with 7 and got hp boost on end and missed out....

Just standardise your objects so they work before you make extravagant ones that also don't work.
  • Whammaster
    Whammaster Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    I don't understand an event that essentially requires vehicles yet I have only played against one deck that had them and all I play against are whale decks from people who gave you thousands of dollars. It's freaking stupid to even attempt when your deck is drastically underpowered.
  • Monkeynutts
    Options
    that and the fact any half decent vehicles are 14+ mana and ur in an enraged game environmwnt so casting anything useful is a stoke of luck of not beong removed or u drawing dead cards like a removal spell yourself.

Its extremely subjective and poorly thought out.
  • MageKnight
    MageKnight Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    summon 5 vehicles seem too much for a game with 2x damage, I get it that crew lets you summon vehicles faster from the hand but to draw 5 vehicles before you kill off your opponent or your opponent kills you is a hit or miss
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So I completely understand the frustrations that a lot of people have for the objectives of this event. On the first run of FiRF, I didn't even bother trying to place and just went for the progression rewards.

That being said, it is absolutely possible to do well in this event. This isn't just braggadocio, either; in the most recent iteration of FiRF, I placed first overall with a perfect score. What it came down to was very careful playing and deck building. I put a lot of thought into the decks I used, to the point where I would even make changes to them depending on which PW I was facing, and even which individual player I was facing. For instance, if I was matched up with a Dovin or Tezzeret deck, I would swap out one of my expendable cards for some support destruction because those two in particular rely quite heavily on supports.

Another consideration I had to make was that I didn't kill the opponent too quickly because of the "Enraged" factor. To avoid that, I included cards that could bounce my own creatures back to my hand. I'm not going to give away my specific strategies here, but you can figure out pretty easily if you just do some research on what cards you have.

What it all boils down to at the end of the discussion is control. If you really want to do well with this event, you need to build a deck that has multiple answers for just about everything. I will admit that doing so requires you to have some pretty good cards. However, I'm not flush with uber-mythics like a lot of the top players are, and I still managed to take first place. I think that fact is a testament to the final requirement for doing well, which is your playing style. This event requires a lot of finesse in how you plan out the matches you make. I found that I really had to analyze the board to see just what would happen from each of the possible swaps. I also had to keep in mind the possible game changing cards I might be facing based on the PW I was up against.

Here's a link to the screenshots I took of my final placement: http://imgur.com/a/jfTD7
  • Monkeynutts
    Options
    3.1. 3.2 and 3.3 are still OP
    Ypu jave to use of like3 planeswalkwrs to win. None of the Energize walkers are any good.
    Found Kiora. Sorin and Nahiri are the only ones iblve found are viable and u need lifelink everywhere because of the longevity of the fight and the skills of the enemy