Thor tournament: No retaliation

2»

Comments

• IceIX wrote:
    We're looking into this. We haven't made any changes to the Tournament structure and Retaliations are still working fine on the standard S.H.I.E.L.D. Training and the Widow Weekend.
    Retaliations are not working at all on the Widow Weekend for me...
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    We're looking into this. We haven't made any changes to the Tournament structure and Retaliations are still working fine on the standard S.H.I.E.L.D. Training and the Widow Weekend.
    Retaliations are not working at all on the Widow Weekend for me...

Me either
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    We're looking into this, but I'm unsure if we'd be able to put in a server side patch without the possibility of disrupting things this close to the end of the Tournament. We haven't made any changes to the Tournament structure that would cause this and the S.H.I.E.L.D. Training and Widow Weekend Retaliations appear to be working fine.
  • IceIX
    Badman82 wrote:
    Me either
    Interesting. Just had a few people in-house find each other in the Widow Weekend and everything worked as it should. Adding it to the list of feedback in any case. Thanks for the reports!
  • Actually, I haven't had a single retaliation prompt since the start of "widow weekend" and I just thought to myself this is something new they implemented icon_e_surprised.gif...
  • This is so much easier without retaliation, just got 1100 and 1200.

Seriously. I just made it to 1300. Starting from 800.

And I stressed out so much getting to 1200 earlier this week.

So... I wouldn't mind trying this out for a bit. Right now it's a bit whacked since not everyone knows that it is broken, but right now it's a LOT nicer than the old way.

If those retaliations get fixed and they all queue up though then I am SO screwed.
  • Looks like they're back. Just switched back to the game from a retaliation notice and I had 2 red targets.
  • I just got a retaliation! Back to the grind!!
  • IceIX
    Retaliations have been fixed. And without a server restart to boot. Apologize for that hiccup!
  • Seriously? Why did someone report this as an issue? Retaliations are designed to keep people from reaching the higher rewards. Many people were easily reaching higher rewards without being beaten down every 10 seconds. I myself was closing in on 1400 before they started again. This goes on to prove that we lose too many points in retaliations. I had hoped this change was on purpose.
  • Seriously? Why did someone report this as an issue? Retaliations are designed to keep people from reaching the higher rewards. Many people were easily reaching higher rewards without being beaten down every 10 seconds. I myself was closing in on 1400 before they started again. This goes on to prove that we lose too many points in retaliations. I had hoped this change was on purpose.

I had really hoped this was a permanent change as well and I did well in previous tourneys. It makes you have to hunt for your target instead of just waiting til they get a little higher and then bending them over! I was of the thought that if they made that permanent, then the people who grinded the hell out of matches would actually be REWARDED for their hard work! Aw well...icon_e_sad.gif