Saheeli Rai - 4th Battle

Monkeynutts
Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
edited February 2017 in MtGPQ Events
This is an absolute joke. Another shockingly garbage event put together by D3.

Gontis Aether Heart in that deck is obsene.

I just had her down to 52hp and i was on 102 max hp with Nahiri. He had a Gontis out and ended up with 8 extra goes...... continously. he then turned his double strike mythic into a massive thing with Saheelis Artisan....

What an absolute joke.

Here you go new players have no chance pf getting a booster pack and other players get lucky.

Comments

• Alve
    Alve Posts: 167 Tile Toppler

Gontis Aether Heart in that deck is obsene.

I just had her down to 52hp and i was on 102 max hp with Nahiri. He had a Gontis out and ended up with 8 extra goes...... continously. he then turned his double strike mythic into a massive thing with Saheelis Artisan....

What an absolute joke.

Here you go new players have no chance pf getting a rare and other players get lucky.

Uh, what rare?
  • Monkeynutts
    booater pack...rare
  • Shadoze
    Shadoze Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Perfect example of another event designed to make the average to above average player fail. You think this makes me want to purchase more cards and packs to be able to win? Think again. Yes I have spent cash on this game, more than I would like to admit, but I can't see spending more if this is the direction the designers choose to go. Total garbage.
  • SeditiousCanary
    SeditiousCanary Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Beat her first try, at full health (not that I didn't take any damage), and met all the goals.
  • Magog
    Magog Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    What was your deck?

I'm just getting swamped regardless of what I do.
  • Monkeynutts
    Beat her first try, at full health (not that I didn't take any damage), and met all the goals.

Aren't you a &#_ing hero !

Smug enough to post you did it, but no insight in the how....
  • I managed to get lucky and beat her my second try using the following deck:

Nissa2

Creatures:
    Architect of the Untamed
    Cultivator of Blades
    Arborback Stomper
    Longtusk Cub

Spells:
    Scour from Existence
    Attune with Aether

Supports:
    Nissa's Pilgrimage
    Corrupted Grafstone
    Deadlock Trap
    Fabrication Module

I was able to get a Cultivator down first, followed by Fabrication Module. This helped bump Cultivator up each turn with all of the energized gems out on the field. Then an Architect of the Untamed, who was able to get a few of her mechanical beasts out onto the field. Then, used Nissa2's ultimate to bump them all up to about 150/150 or so, and with Cultivator sharing his strength, Architect and Mechy were both around 300 power or so.
  • Muche
    Muche Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Beat her at first try as well, with creatureless ObNix; although it took over 2 hours and 120 turns, as my only energizer was Die Young.

Deck:
    Llanowar Wastes (don't have anything better for him)
    Brain in a Jar
    Aetherflux Reservoir
    Alhammarret's Archive
    Creeping Dread
    Transgress the Mind
    Infinite Obliteration
    Die Young
    Grip of Desolation
    To the Slaughter

The idea is remove all energy from the board with Die Young, keep discarding her hand with Creeping Dread and spells, and kill creatures that sneak by with spells (or 2nd ability). Once the energy objective is fulfilled, use ObNix's 3rd ability and finish the match.
    Be prepared for repeated token and energy generation via her first ability, support destruction via Release the Gremlins, and massive energizing via Aethertide Whale.

One turn she got a lucky cascade and cast Aethertide Whale, Lightning Runner and Saheeli's Artistry on the runner, which became 22/22 double striker with haste.
  • SeditiousCanary
    SeditiousCanary Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Sorry, I was working, and didn't have time to document the build at that time.

I ran this:

Creatures:
    Electrostatic Pummeler
    Lone Rider
    Solemn Recruit

Spells:
    Anchor to the Aether
    Imprisoned In The Moon

Supports:
    Decoction Module
    Era of Innovation
    Hixus, Prison Warden
    Sphinx's Tutelage
    Thopter Spy Network
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    It seems obvious that d3 are trying to include a challenge for the top players. Do you disagree with that as a goal? Or if you agree with the goal, how do you propose this could be implemented while making all nodes easily winnable for all players?

If your only concrete suggestion is to place the booster lower in the reward sequence to help newer players grow their collection (which I actually agree with), then it could be stated a lot more constructively. I don't know if you've noticed, but the threads in which devs actually pop in and comment almost universally contain positive constructive feedback, and not aggro rants.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    for those still stuck, could try using sorin.

strategy is to gain more life than the smaller opponent
    creatures can damage. use lone rider etc for this.
    kill cheaply(grip of desolation) anything that gets too
    big. cast an energise card and then use die young to
    immediately clear the energy. defeat your opponent
    and energise right at the end to achieve objectives.
    add destroy support where needed.

this strategy has worked before on node 3.2 energise
    10. I haven't tried it but can see it working with maybe
    some tuning.

HH
  • squark73
    squark73 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Took 40 minutes with OB

Corrupted Graftstone
    Unlicensed Disintegration
    Tamiyo's Journal
    Behold the Beyond
    Grip of Desolation
    Aetherflux Reservoir
    Creeping Dread
    Die young
    Gonti's Machinations
    Live fast

Creeping dread is the whole key to this deck. Man oh man She is a tough bird but without cards to play she is nothing special. I found the unlicensed to be a bit much but honestly I am extremely weak black (just got my grip this week)

Happy hunting