At what level should building a duplicate 3* be considered?

Options
RemoDestroyer
RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I'm assuming once a 3* reaches level 266 you will want to start another version of the same character. I think it's safe to say for the 2nd build the 1st 13 covers won't always max cover the character. In order to avoid selling a cover because it would be a 6th (or more) of one color for a non max covered character what level less than 266 should starting a duplicate 3* be considered?

Comments

• bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Haven't really considered this issue (my highest 3* is lvl 236) but I guess you would look at the champ rewards and your needs at the time.

Do you immediately need that last 4* cover? if not, maybe stop at lvl264, especially if it will get wasted.

I think it would also depend on the character to be duplicated. anyone that has 2* feeders (e.g. Cap, Magneto, Hulk etc) you can be pretty sure that you will get a more constant supply of covers, which means that you can dupe earlier and on the off chance you max a particular colour first, you can champ while you wait for the rest of the colours to catch up. It also means you won't be too far behind when you decide to finish champing you main character.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I plan to stop at 257, the 2nd last latest token reward and build a dupe. That gives me a buffer of 9 dupe covers.
    If there is a 2* farm feeding the 3*, I may go as high as 261 for the 15 command points. The reduced buffer shouldn't be much of an issue with these
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I plan not to worry, and maybe start the new one a cover or two early. If you miss out on a handful of champ levels for a 3* because you didn't micromanage the switchover, it won't be a huge deal.