Need some advice

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Been playing for about a month now and I've been saving up my HP for roster slots so far. I managed to do well enough in the Nefarious Foes Tornament to get the purple and Blue DD covers. Is DD worth keeping because Im tempted to sell his covers for the HP. I also mananged to get lucky and draw Classic Spiderman*** from a standard recruit token, but its a purple cover, and Im thinking about saving his cover since spidey covers are likely hard to come by. I also have a Red thor cover I havent used yet.

1*
Modern Black Widow: 40 5/5
Modern Storm : 34 5/3/5
IM35: 13 4/4/3
Juggernaught: 28 5/4
Hawkeye: 4 4/5

2*
Moonstone: 8 0/1/1(plan on building her)
Classic Storm: 6 2/1/0
Daken: 6 1/0

3*
Ragnarok: 15 0/1(got from nefarious foes token,traded yelena Belova covers for him since she was useless)

Any advice on what to do next? Im also sitting on about 175HP and the next upgrade is 150.

Comments

• I know this doesnt answer your query at all but I was wondering how you traded yelena belova covers for ragnarok? I didnt know trading had been introduced to the game now.
  • Poor choice of words, I meant I just sold her cover to make room for Ragnarok.
  • Have you done all of the prologue missions for all of the rewards? As you should come out of them with 2* Thor and Wolverine, who will both be key in your ability to progress. Keep Spiderman if you can, your roster is just looking a bit unhealthy overall, you could end up with more 3* characters than 2*, and they are going to be dead weight to you for a long time yet
  • I forgot about the Yelena Belova mission because it was too hard when I first tried it and didnt think about it again, thought the last 2 prolouge misisons werent released or something.

I'll probably get rid of Hawkeye for Thor since I dont use him anyway. Does 3/5/5 or 4/5/4 sound optimal for THor?
  • Definitely get the extra roster spot. You'll "need" well north of 20 slots to keep all the rewards you get (for the chars you'll care about). I didn't sell off a single 3* cover (until I had maxed out chars) and most 2*'s I found a way to keep as well. All without spending any real money.

For Thor, I think 3/5/5 is the better build now, but mostly because I run a lot of guys with big red abilities already. (Maxed Wolvie, working on Patches and Punisher, Maxed Ares, though rampage is probably his weakest ability). That said, with respec coming, there's no reason to toss a cover that you could apply, given that you can level up and use him now and once he's maxed out, if you feel like changing him, you can switch to a different build. (You lose 125 ISO for not selling the cover in the first place, and if you get the 14th cover before respec is implemented, you might lose it. Both of these seem like pretty low cost/risk).
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    I'm just a bit further along than you (maxed IM35 & mBW, now building a core 2* team, around day 27), and the primary advice I've been given by several people is to get as many roster spots as you can, as quickly as you can. I have 17 spots so far (no money spent), and even though I only have two 1* chars, my roster expansion is barely keeping up with my cover accrual. I had to sell off Bag-Man, who's only really useful in Prologue, to make room for a 3* cover, and rather stupidly swapped out a single Classic Magneto cover for a single DD tournament reward cover.

You generally want to keep as many 2*/3* covers as you can. But, you'll be depending on your 1* team for a while yet. I've got about a half-dozen covers for each of my six 2* chars and, with the exception of Thor now at lvl 61, I've never used any of them in PvP. So, since you barely have any covers for your 2* chars, I'd focus on maxing out 2 more of your 1* chars (in addition to mBW). IM35 + mStorm + mBW is a solid team.

As for Prologue, the unlocking schedule is a bit confusing. It's either dependent on how many missions in the previous block you've completed, or the number of days since you started playing. I'm not sure. Prologue: Dark Avengers just unlocked for me a bit over a week ago. If Prologue enemies don't scale to your chars' levels, then the last two mission blocks will be tough. P:DA wasn't easy for me with IM35 + mBW + lvl 40ish Thor.
  • well with the recent events I've managed to get Wolverine get his covers to 2/3/2, At what point does he become usable? because atm I dont have much reason to use him over juggs. Also when I do pvp, I kinda have a hard time staying in the prize section I want to win ebcause I get attacked and win a defence and endup getting knocked up a prize level, can you enter a pvp and then exit out to dive my ranking to where I want it to be?
  • Yes. If you retreat a match, you'll lose some points. The amount you lose is inversely proportional to the amount you would gain for winning. So if you pick a 40 point fight and retreat you'll lose somewhere around 5 points. If you pick a 10 point fight and retreat you may lose up to 30-40.
  • Ok that's nice to know, It'll make sweetspotting the 2 star placement alot easier, last couple of events I almost got Psylocke and I think Punisher covers instead of the Wolverine and Moonstone covers I wanted from the last few events.
  • Well I just got lucky and drew Grey Black widow from a standard token(albeit it's a purple). unfortunately now I dont have enough HP on me to buy another slot atm. should I consider getting rid of Ragnarok? he's only at one red cover and the only reason I really kept him was because of the Villians event from a few days ago where he was boosted.