*** Sam Wilson (Falcon) *** (Updated)

Comments

• Hmm. With the new updates, I might have to respec my Falcon. I usually just ignore Purple, so I do 5/5/3. But, team damage...always good.

Might be time to reset the poll!
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Doubt I'll respec him away from 5/5/3 still, since I think having his yellow at 5 is a must. But I might try 5/4/4 and see how bad it is having Redwing's CD tile last 4 turns instead of just 3.
    Also, man he might be a great team player with C4rol and Wasp now.
    ... runs to TBE...
  • Rick_OShay
    **Warning, Redwing is currently NOT working at all in The Big Enchilada**
    Not sure what the bug is, could be something to do with Wasp also having a Blue passive, or it's just defective overall. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone know what Redwing does with Fortified special tiles? Does redwing become fortified? Does Redwing not overwrite the fortified tile?
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Rick OShay wrote:
    **Warning, Redwing is currently NOT working at all in The Big Enchilada**
    Not sure what the bug is, could be something to do with Wasp also having a Blue passive, or it's just defective overall. icon_rolleyes.gif

No. It's not activating at all. This is making me upset. Idk what is going on. I use Falcon a lot during pve nodes vs goons. This is beyond my unacceptable.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Came into the forum to see if anyone else was having issues with Redwing. Turns out that yes, Redwing is busted. It's not working on the Sniper's Deadly Shot tiles, so there go a few more health packs when they tick down to zero. 7K damage per shot. Whee!!

Edit - Also not working on enemy Strike tiles brought about by Patch's Berserker Rage.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Discussion about the bug can be found here:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=59010
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated post with new character updates
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus wrote:
    How do you like him since the update he underwent?

I never used his purple before and that hasn't actually changed since the update.
  • Rick_OShay
    Crowl wrote:
    mexus wrote:
    How do you like him since the update he underwent?

I never used his purple before and that hasn't actually changed since the update.
    I'ts not helpful feedback unless you state why. icon_rolleyes.gif
    For 3* players, he's awesome within the Big Enchilada. He went from a character with no real offense (besides buffing special tiles), to now having a good AOE plus protect tiles in one move. Making him a solid purple user, pairing very well with other yellow users.
    Perhaps you are not experiencing the great level of improvement as many others are, because you're not giving him a chance to use his purple upgrade.
    Falcon was also excellent against the Mindless Ones - Redwing taking away their green CD tiles, while producing protects and hitting all enemies with damage. Teamed with Dr. Strange and any other Yellow/Red/Black/Green user was fantastic.
  • Tiger_Wong
    It makes him an even better match with Wasp. I've actually dropped his yellow to 4 so I can make his purple 4 and do more damage with his purple since 1) at 9 AP, there's more of a chance it can fire off twice and 2) my Wasp is at 4/3/3 and her Tactical Intuition pumps up the strikes pretty well as it is.

Been kinda floundering with who should be their 3rd still. Starting to lean toward 4* Pun.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rick OShay wrote:
    For 3* players, he's awesome within the Big Enchilada. He went from a character with no real offense (besides buffing special tiles), to now having a good AOE plus protect tiles in one move. Making him a solid purple user, pairing very well with other yellow users.
    Perhaps you are not experiencing the great level of improvement as many others are, because you're not giving him a chance to use his purple upgrade.
    Falcon was also excellent against the Mindless Ones - Redwing taking away their green CD tiles, while producing protects and hitting all enemies with damage. Teamed with Dr. Strange and any other Yellow/Red/Black/Green user was fantastic.

I actually use him every day as part of my BE team despite having a 4* roster as it makes a change to use some different characters, but in a wave fight it is simply much better to let Blade use the purple ap instead since his tiles persist between waves and then have Falcon in a support role for buffing and controlling countdowns.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I frequently use falcon with Luke Cage and Iron Fist. The changes to Falcon's purple don't make it better than Iron Fist's, so no change in how I use him. Might consider other teams to better use the new power, but I haven't tried them yet.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Scratch 4* Pun off for a better teammate with Wasp 4/3/3 and Falcon 4/5/4...

3* Punisher.

I know I know. It's a weak 3* yadda yadda yadda.

But....

1) the rainbow is covered except for blue which is great because
    2) no one uses the blue so it can go to Wasp for her Sting and Falcon for his Wings. Getting 10 blue AP early can REALLY shut down a lot of what the opponent is doing.
    3) Punishers powers are cheap. Black is 7, green is 8, and red is 8
    4) Punishers green has decent shake-up and is nice to start off early with if you can't get The Wasp yellow+Falcon purple combo going. Or if your field gets wiped out or disadvantaged, it's good to use to start over.
    5) his black is really good after the Wasp yellow+Falcon purple combo. And it's cheap so you'll be surprised how often you can fire off two of them
    6) his black is better so you can use Wasp's black less since it takes from the blue AP to fire
    7) Punishers red is a FANTASTIC finisher and not too costly at all.

The synergy is really there. You can put a lot of stuff on the board quickly and pump the tiles up quickly and with strength. I'm running punisher at 5/5/3
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ended up respecing mine to 4/4/5. Could have went 5/3/5 (since his redwing no longer works with opposing redwing count downs, and that is the only tile you are certain to see in his pvp event) but then I was still seeing count downs from phx, xfdp, peggy etc.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Tiger Wong wrote:

3* Punisher.

But....
    Interesting, I will give this a try sometime (my Wasp is 5/3/3 and I really struggle to find a use for her). One problem that I see is that Punisher's green is not targeted, so you can end up accidentally destroying your own special tiles that you've spent time and AP to create and buff.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two of may favorite people to team Falcon up in 3-star land with is Spider-Man and Human Torch.

Falcon/Torch gives you your rainbow of match damage, and there's synergy there with Falcon's yellow potentially buffing the tiles Torch generates with his black. Adding Spider-Man to the mix offers a use for blue and yellow AP beyond Falcon's passives, and matching purple feeds Falcon while generating defense tiles with Spider-Man, which Falcon can then boost with his yellow... lots of synergies going on here.

The result is usually a lot of buffed defense tiles, some stun mixed in, creating an awesomely defensive team. Torch provides enough offense all on his own to make the team viable in that regard. It can be a slow starter, but if you can begin with a couple of purple matches Spidey will mitigate a lot of damage while you get going.
  • Tiger_Wong
    bigsmooth wrote:
    Tiger Wong wrote:

3* Punisher.

But....
    Interesting, I will give this a try sometime (my Wasp is 5/3/3 and I really struggle to find a use for her). One problem that I see is that Punisher's green is not targeted, so you can end up accidentally destroying your own special tiles that you've spent time and AP to create and buff.

Yeah I know. I talked about that in my post.

Punishers green is only 7 AP so it's great to get out early in a battle since it takes more time to get the Birds+TI combo. And if you get screwed with the opponent matching or wiping your stuff away, you can pop it to get some shake and buffed damage going. AND, if you get it with TI, you can hold down the fort with buffed shields.
  • dma_pdx
    dma_pdx Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Is it me or is there another bug with his BLUE passive?

used him with logan and 5* black widow. when he sends redwing out, one purple goes away. then immediately on the next turn, the one purple comes back?
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    dma_pdx wrote:
    Is it me or is there another bug with his BLUE passive?

used him with logan and 5* black widow. when he sends redwing out, one purple goes away. then immediately on the next turn, the one purple comes back?
    I might have an explanation for your situation. That was probably because Redwing targeted an enemy countdown. Purple AP didn't go away - 5*BW's purple ability costs less for every enemy countdown tile, so when there was one less CD, the cost increased by 1 (giving an impression that you lost AP). On the next turn enemy team might create another countdown, bringing purple cost back down. Sounds plausible?

Of course it might be an actual bug, but I haven't seen this happen when I used Falcon recently.