So when do 5*'s start ramping up damage?

Options
fnedude
fnedude Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion
So I have 5* Strange, 3/4/3 at lvl 285. His yellow deals 2381 w/ 14AP, and 865 when enemy uses a power.

The "free" 5* Strange in the PvE Event is 3/3/3 at lvl 370. His yellow deals roughly 2x damage.

I've been "watching" the damage as I raise my 5* Strange, and its going up ~ 3-5dmg per level. So a 85 level difference should only get me about 400 damage (or whatever it is).

So when does the extra 400 damage come in? 360? That seems to be a "magic" number.

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5s powers start scaling much faster after 360. It also makes a difference having 5 covers in each power (the difference is not as strong as with 4s, but there is still a jump from 4 to 5 covers).

Basically every 100 levels 4s and 5s double in strength. So in the 100 first levels a 2k dmg power would go to 4k, but then in the second 100 it goes to 8k. So it is the double than 4k, but 4 times 2k.

This is the reason why 430+ level 4s are so damn strong (they do around 4 times more than a 270 level 4).
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Like Polares said, there's a very gentle, gradual increase to about level 360. The health pool for the character will increase every level, but power damage only goes up every fourth level. Match damage will start increasing every few levels, then eventually, every level, and above 400 or so, it'll jump several points per level for their dominant color. The power damage slope is very shallow till about 360, then it starts ticking upwards incrementally every level. It's definitely exponential, but it takes a long time to get past the shallow part of the curve.

The good news is that they really don't take *that* much ISO in the grand scheme of things; fully championing a 4* from level 70 takes roughly 380k. A 5* takes about 580, and as a very wise man once told me, they're always on. You don't have to wait two months for them to be boosted.
  • thanos8587
    Options
    i found lvl 405 at 10 covers is kind of the oh baby moment when they first feel really strong, at least compared to a buffed 4.