**** The Hulk (Totally Awesome) ****

1789101113»

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    sambrookjm wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    sambrookjm wrote:
    Here's a sentence I never thought I'd write before the buffs: I was using Invisible Woman in a PvP vs Totally Awesome Hulk. icon_e_smile.gif

I was able to lock up Hulk's countdown tile with Invisible Woman's blue ability, fully expecting one to reappear, but none did. Is this a bug, or do passive countdown tiles not reappear if they're locked up? I've had passive protect and attack tiles reappear, but this was the first passive countdown I've locked up.

This is probably a bug, locking a special tile renders it "inactive".

His blue states if there's not a blue CD tile, create one. Game is propably considering there his one of his CD's on the board still.

Wonder what happens if you lock Scarlet's Witch CD tile.
    I just posted a bug report about this; I'll post any follow-ups to the thread. If I face a Scarlet Witch in a event, I'll try locking her tile with IW and see what happens.

I doubt it's a bug. Imagine what would happen if you locked a whole bunch of SW tiles with 1 turn left, then unlocked them all on the same turn icon_e_wink.gif
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    sambrookjm wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    sambrookjm wrote:
    Here's a sentence I never thought I'd write before the buffs: I was using Invisible Woman in a PvP vs Totally Awesome Hulk. icon_e_smile.gif

I was able to lock up Hulk's countdown tile with Invisible Woman's blue ability, fully expecting one to reappear, but none did. Is this a bug, or do passive countdown tiles not reappear if they're locked up? I've had passive protect and attack tiles reappear, but this was the first passive countdown I've locked up.

This is probably a bug, locking a special tile renders it "inactive".

His blue states if there's not a blue CD tile, create one. Game is propably considering there his one of his CD's on the board still.

Wonder what happens if you lock Scarlet's Witch CD tile.
    I just posted a bug report about this; I'll post any follow-ups to the thread. If I face a Scarlet Witch in a event, I'll try locking her tile with IW and see what happens.

I doubt it's a bug. Imagine what would happen if you locked a whole bunch of SW tiles with 1 turn left, then unlocked them all on the same turn icon_e_wink.gif
    It's a bug. And your example proves nothing actually. What would happen? Well you'll get 30 pink energy, deal some damage and create 1-2 critical strikes. Not that great for such insane efforts to make it happen.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    It doesn't seem to be a bug, the way it's worded is "at the start of your turn, if one does not already exist..."

One of the countdowns exists, it's just locked. Since one exists, it doesn't create a new one.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    It's a bug because it was intoduced in latest update, and beacuse scarlet witch countdowns works as before (when locked - SW create new countdown).
    So there is still the bug in the game.
  • dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Is there another page for Chulk with the updated abilities? If not, would someone update it, please? Thanks icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    IceIX is no longer with Demiurge, so we're going to need a new thread for Amadeus.
  • Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Thank you Cthulhu for fixing the OP!!!    B)
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I do have him champed and have been using him too during the anniversary. I originally champed him because I had 7 extra covers so I thought I would regret it. Turns out I actually love him!

First he can be a great battery for Iceman, Quake, Rulk, and BSSM when switched to 3/5/5
    Second he can be teamed with Thora, Blackbolt, and SS when switched to 5/3/5
    Third he can be teamed with Falcap, KP, and GG when switched to 5/5/3
    If he is by himself (and when boosted) I like 5/5/3. His Green has great board shake/control
    and can do 18k+ Damage. His blue does almost 4k damage everytime it goes off.

During the boss battle, I was able to beat round 8 a few times (and finish progression) with Cho 5/3/5, MoStorm 5/5/3, KK 5/5/3. There is no anger to get going (3* hulk) but it is better and faster to keep going. His black keeps plenty of charge tiles on the board for storm to consume. Once you have 23+ green ap, Punch the boss with Cho once and then switch back to Storm green.
    Champed him today. Looking forward to seeing what he can do. Thanks for this list of combinations to try :)
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Okay, first, for some reason his recent update hasn't been posted here yet:
    IceIX said:

The Hulk (Totally Awesome)

Amadeus Cho loses none of his ability to chomp down on delicious health restoring hot dogs during battle. He does, however, GAIN damage in his Mastermind Excello, as well as reduce the Countdown tile timer on his See the Math of It ability.

Mastermind Excello - 13 AP

This ability has had its damage increased by a large amount, as well as a minor tweak to levels 2 and 3. These levels now require one less Blue AP to activate for bonus damage (from 14 to 13).

See the Math of It - PASSIVE

The Countdown timer for Level 2-5 has been reduced by 1. This means that level 5 has a 2 turn Countdown tile.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2020
    Annnd second (double post, sorry, but I wanted the rebalances be its own post for more clarity):
    Blahahah said:
    Cho and Flaptain and Iceman are interesting.

Iceman benefits from Cho throwing out more green and blue and charging them, Everytime you match a blue flaptain helps Cho's countdown get going faster, and honestly it gets the game going a touch slower thanks to the stun and protect tiles coming out, meaning more chances to throw more tiles out.

wow, I'm about to champ Cho Hulk and you didn't just find me a fun CHulk team, you also found me a fun Flaptain team while you were at it! Awesome! Especially now that the countdown is already a bit faster.
    And here I thought I'd be stuck glueing CHulk to Vulture for the high AP requirement for the green. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to ignore the green and just use him as a feeder (...because Vulture exists, I guess?).

Edit: Glueing him to Vulture and adding a red user still works best though. Some good red users with some synergy with CHulk for Vulture + 5/5/3 CHulk who can take advantage of Vulture generating red:
    1. Valkyrie. The damage CHulk's cd makes every other turn regularly triggers her Bounty Hunter Passive. Which should give you either black, red or green depending on who's your strongest characters of the three, all of which you can use lots of. In case of black, that will even help you vs enemy C4rol, someone Vulture teams-with-strongest-colour-black normally don't like to face.
    2. Nightcrawler. His purple can actually really help you make good use of CHulk's green generation by collecting all these randomly vomitted green tiles and making green cascades with them. You're best off if CHulk's your highest level of these three, since then his red needs 10 green AP for the bonus damage. In my case, sadly, Nightcrawler is, which is unfortunate because this team will almost never have 10 purple AP. Still, as a red outlet, 5k damage can do too.
    3. Drax. His passive adds damage to CHulk's cd going off every other turn, which is nice.