Nissa: Vital Force

Options
Chavez303
Chavez303 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
Ok.

Whos got ideas for decks for this one?

Imperial Voyager seems like a no brainer but what else you got?

Comments

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought that at first, but green overload is somewhat unimpressive, so I haven't found a need to energize the board as strongly.

A few cards I've done well with are Longtusk Cub and Architect of the Untamed. With both on the field I'll generally get more energy out than Empyreal Voyager will give in a turn for less mana each and bigger bodies on the field. I've also found this is a good home for Rashmi. As fast as this new Nissa can cast cards, it's nice to have her replace them as they're cast.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gonti's Aether Heart + Bristling Hydra = game breaker
  • rathedon
    rathedon Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    Gonti's Aether Heart + Bristling Hydra = game breaker

Really??
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    well, you would also need a fewe other cards that trigger overload-3, but Seasons Past, Animists Awakening, and Attune With Aether for good measure

I mean game-breaker as in "stupidly OP cards that automatically win you the game by giving you infinite turns" not game-freezer
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    everyone seems to forget that with gontis heart you can only do it as long as you get match 3 in one turn with no chance to refresh the energized gems it is limited to how many are on the board. it can still be very high but not unlimited and it isnt like the ai cares it it has to wait.
  • Magog
    Magog Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    morgue427 wrote:
    everyone seems to forget that with gontis heart you can only do it as long as you get match 3 in one turn with no chance to refresh the energized gems it is limited to how many are on the board. it can still be very high but not unlimited and it isnt like the ai cares it it has to wait.

That's exactly why Mainloop mentioned cards like Attune to Aether and Seasons Past, to put more green gems on the board and energize more of them so you can keep the cycle running.

And it also doesn't matter if it's truly infinite. I don't really care if my Electrostatic Pummeler only reaches 2000 damage instead of 10,000, it's going to one-shot anything it hits regardless.