So You want to Whale Latest Legendaries

1235»

Comments

• PongiePongie Posts: 1,326 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    just to update. I pulled my hoard. finished all 3.

congrats and please provide feedback on how good is black panther.
    Tempted too, but my hoard is only 85 latest tokens and 41xx command points (about 164 pulls)
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

congrats and please provide feedback on how good is black panther.
    Tempted too, but my hoard is only 85 latest tokens and 41xx command points (about 164 pulls)
    Black Panther isn't in Latest Legends yet. He did say it was Natasha (aka Black Widow), Strange and Thanos who got maxed.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:

Congratulations! It's a shame this is the only lucrative way to finish 5 stars at the moment. Imagine just starting out, you'll never own a maxed Classsic icon_cry.gif
  • TxMooseTxMoose Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    Hendross wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

Congratulations! It's a shame this is the only lucrative way to finish 5 stars at the moment. Imagine just starting out, you'll never own a maxed Classsic icon_cry.gif
    well, I'm hoping some feature might be added that may, MAY, change that. eternal optimist here I guess. knowing what I know now, I really REALLY wish I could go back and completely redo how I handled LTs and cp. so much waste on SS only and then the SS/oml pair when it should have all been saved for when phx hit. all that resulted in a 1/5/5 surfer, 5/1/5 oml, and 3/0/1 phx. because I stopped pulling when phx hit. then rng wasn't friendly and was forced to waste many SSs and OMLs. and then later wasted cp for im46 (currently at 7 covers) and then another 1000 cp before I decided to hoard latests.

edit: worst case scenario, daily resupply has a oml yellow around thanksgiving for me. i'll happily finish oml for 720. 1440 is too much right now.
  • OrionOrion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    I also started the new year with a plan to save up LTs and CP in an effort to whale some latest legends. The results so far have been pretty surprising. In 9 days, I already have 8 LTs and 270 CP for a total of 18 pulls. I don't know if I can keep averaging 2 pulls/day, but I do have several things going for me. I have a ton of 3*s coming up to level 227, where you get your 2nd LT. I even have a few that will hit level 239 in the next few months, so that's the 3rd LT. I have 31 4* champs and you get an LT every 10 levels with them. I can easily hit max progression in both PvP and PvE, so that's 25 CP for each of those events.

If I can keep getting 2 pulls/day, then I'll be ready to open everything up in mid-May or so. If by some miracle they reassess how they handle the classic 5*s, then I'll have to decide what to do. I have IM46, Phoenix and Spidey all at 11 covers, so if I have a decent chance of finishing them off, I'll take it and worry about latest legend pulls later.

So now nearly a month later and I'm still averaging 2 pulls/day. I have 43 LTs and 1286 CP for a total of 94 pulls.

I'm a little disappointed in Black Panther, but I'm still planning on opening everything just before Thanos leaves the latest legends pool. I've run out of 4*s to champ, so I'm saving my ISO too. Currently have 280k, but I'm spending it as I need it to keep my 2* farm going.
    Any chance we could get new calculations that take the Bonus hero system into account?
  • PongiePongie Posts: 1,326 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Quebbster said:
    Any chance we could get new calculations that take the Bonus hero system into account?
    Whatever increase you get from Bonus Hero should be considered a bonus. 0.75% (0.05*0.15) isn't much and it's not even guaranteed. Heck, I pulled 161 bags of tricks tokens without any 5* bonus hero when the odds were bugged to be much higher at 1.66% (0.1666*0.10). I should have gotten 1-3.
    Yeah, I realized that myself when I did the math on my 250 Latest Legends hoard. That should only give two fivestar bonus covers on average. It does improve the odds a little bit, but not enough to shift the needed numbers. It's still a good idea to aim for 300 if you can.
  • blargrxblargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    I'm not very good at stats so I just want to make sure I've got a good plan. Since cs will swap dupes, it's really just a race to 39 covers right? It doesn't really matter who their in of the 3 in LL bc cs will swap them? So still shoot for 300 pulls?
    As I understand it, CS will only change to another color for the same character. So you can only trade an extra Thanos cover for a Thanos cover, you will not get to trade a Black Panther cover for a Thanos cover. So the race is really to get at least 13 cover for each character. 300 Latest LEgends pulls should give 45 covers, so I assume the number gives a bit of a buffer to give you a good chance to get 13 covers for all three.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster is right, CS will NOT swap heros, only colors, and this is subject to change without warning.  Otherwise you could get all 3 for ~253 pulls.