Broken KLD Boosters [Solved]

Options
Zustel1
Zustel1 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
I'm really pissed atm. I've just spent 70€ on the KLD-Offer with 2 Fat Packs and 2 Big Boxes.
I got not a single Mythic out of it, not even many Rares (6). If it is supposed to be this way, it's the biggest rip off ever.
Sure, there always can be bad luck. But the last Big Box (SOI) I bought with crystals also had not a single Mythic. Before that an Origins Big Box also without Mythic.
Can there be something broken with the random number generator or anything else?
The game itself is really great, but this is ruining literally everything.

Playing on Android 6.0 on Huawei P8 lite with EMUI 4.0.

Comments

• octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Unlucky but not unexpected. You have a 50% chance when opening a big box to obtain a mythic (this chance does not include possible upgrade from rare to mythic on guaranteed card). In fact, if 100 people bought that offer, 15 of them would not obtain a mythic out of the entire thing.

Four big boxes in a row without mythics will happen 6.25% of the time. Not lucky, but definitely well within the chances of plausibility.

All data & math comes from a crowd-sourced spreadsheet to determine MTGPQ's drop rates using data accumulated over the past month or so: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 4AAG2dYrE/ I've even plugged your numbers in on the right (0 mythics/rares from 182 cards).

Please don't file this under bugs next time; it's not a bug
  • Zustel1
    Zustel1 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ok thx for the Info.
    Sry, since I basically just spent 70€ to get 6000 Runes - I was so frustrated by this I thought it really were a bug.
    Do you know if there are different chances on different Mythics? I have a feeling that I only get the worse ones and then even duplicates (I got Quarantine Field, Day's Undoing, Molten Vortex, Rattlechains and some others already twice).

I see why they made it this percentage so there aren't too many Mythic drops and the game balance is maintained. But maybe for such expensive offers they should include one guaranteed random Mythic, so that at least nobody ends empty-handed. Just a suggestion.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Zustel1 wrote:
    Ok thx for the Info.
    Sry, since I basically just spent 70€ to get 6000 Runes - I was so frustrated by this I thought it really were a bug.
    I absolutely 100% sympathize with you. The prices asked really don't reflect the potential outcomes - on more than one occasion I've seen people spend a _lot_ of money to get little more back than runes, and it sucks.
    Do you know if there are different chances on different Mythics? I have a feeling that I only get the worse ones and then even duplicates (I got Quarantine Field, Day's Undoing, Molten Vortex, Rattlechains and some others already twice).
    No, but I am working out a way to get a better idea of mythic "distribution" (for lack of a better term). This 100% speculation, but it feels like cards have an additional "weight" applied to them within their rarity class - i.e., you're more likely to Sigarda, Heron's Grace than you are to receive than Drowner of Hope.
    I see why they made it this percentage so there aren't too many Mythic drops and the game balance is maintained. But maybe for such expensive offers they should include one guaranteed random Mythic, so that at least nobody ends empty-handed. Just a suggestion.
    Agreed. Even if it ended up as a duplicate, it feels better than getting 0 drops at all.