Need help leveling my roster

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Hi all

I am currently trying to decide which of my characters I should focus on, sitting on around 10k ISO-8. I'll list my roster below with the first number being current level and the second number being the max level I can currently level to. Current covers in brackets. I'd like to hear some opinions on what I should put my points into next, i.e. which characters would make good combos.

Iron Man * 48/50 (5/5/3)
Thor ** 45/45 (3/3/2)
Daken ** 37/45 (3/4)
Storm ** 38/53 (3/3/3)
Magneto ** 40/53 (4/2/3)
Black Widow * 35/40 (5/5)
Storm * 30/50 (5/3/5)
Captain America ** 29/30 (2/3/1)
Wolverine ** 19/45 (3/2/3)
Venom * 17/40 (5/5)
Moonstone ** 16/22 (3/0/1)
Wolverine *** 16/25 (0/2/0)
Black Widow ** 14/14 (2/1/0)
Ares ** 7/22 (0/3/1)

The rest are characters I can't currently level up or are * heroes that I don't think I'll be using (Hawkeye, Yelena, etc.). If you've got any good tips for me that'd be great, I'm still fairly new to this game (about 3 weeks in) so any help would be appreciated!

Cheers, Ha99ard

Comments

• Disclaimer, I'm not that much further than you are (probably on 2 weeks more experience) so I won't guarantee my advice is the best

First of all, can you list the covers each character have? Taking Thor for instance, if you have 3 red covers, 2 yellow covers and 3 green covers you can list it as 3/2/3. You can list it however else you want, but knowing the covers can help know which character to focus on first.

As for combos, Magneto** purple generate blue which is vital for Storm **, I personally has been using this to great effect in the current PVE. Even unboosted they're both still pretty good, you can spend some ISO there. 10k is probably not enough to max them both though, I'm not sure it can even max one. You can add Cap for the 3rd member for the PVE, or maybe Thor. Otherwise, Thor and Storm* isn't bad either, if you got a lot of yellow cover for Thor it generate a lot of green that M.Storm, whose green ability is really good in many cases. You can add Modern BW to complete the color, Daken would be good too.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would be really helpful if you posted what covers you have. The ideal 2* roster would be Ares (or Thor) / Wolvie / OBW. However, since you have 0 OBW covers, We're going to have to go with something else. Based on what you have, I think Thor / MN Mags / C. Storm is the way to go. You have a good amount of covers for all of them, and they synergize well. As begundal said, MN Mag's purple would fuel C. Storm's blue. MN Mag's red generates AP for everyone, and Thor's yellow can fuel C. Storm's green. This combo also covers all colors except black with extremely relevant abilities, which is a huge bonus. This would be your A team, so I would pump all my iso into it. Cap generally isn't as good as Thor just because his yellow is a lot weaker, and I don't see a situation where you would want to use cap's blue over C. Storms blue and Cap's red over MN Mag's red. How many purple covers does your Daken have? He might be an okay investment depending on if purple is maxed out.
  • I've now added covers. I was thinking Thor, C Storm and MN Mags as well. It may not be ideal but will be good if I get lucky and get some more covers, especially for Thor as Mags and Storm don't make for great tanks. I do actually have O Black Widow but only have 3 covers (max level 14), so until I get more for her she won't be used much sadly. Did find some more ** Wolverine covers and can now level him to 45.