**** Mordo (Master of the Mystic Arts) **** Updated (8/7/17)

themoneymaker
themoneymaker Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
edited August 2017 in Character Details
Mordo (Master of the Mystic Arts) mordo_iconPNG
4 Star Rarity (Legendary)

General: 
Mordo's health has been reduced. At level 270, his health has been reduced to 13,995 from 16,465.

Staff of the Living Tribunal - 8 Black AP
Deal damage and convert Black basic tiles to Charged Black tiles (4 at power level 5), or deal damage to the opponent for each Black Charged tile, if there are 4 or more Black charged tiles on the board (counts a maximum of 8 Black Charged tiles).

Vaulting Boots of Valtorr - 10 Blue AP
Deals 18% more damage.

Power with Purpose - 9 Purple AP
Deals damage for each AP in the enemy's highest AP pool, then destroys AP from that color (5 AP at power level 5)

*Old Abilities*
At Max Level: HP: 16465 11/13/74/65/12/85/4.0x
Staff of the Living Tribunal 7 blacktilepng AP
Mordo strikes with disciplined, relentless attacks. Deal 467 damage, then convert 1 Black basic tiles to Charged tiles, or if there are 6 or more Black Charged tiles deal 54 damage to the enemy team for each Black Charged tile then destroy them.
    Level 2: Deal 654 damage, convert 1 charged tile, or if there are 6 charged tiles on the board deal 76 team damage per charged tile destroyed. Level 3: Deal 841 damage, convert 1 charged tile, or if there are 5 charged tiles on the board deal 117 team damage per charged tile destroyed. Level 4: Deal 1,214 damage, convert 2 charged tile, or if there are 4 charged tiles on the board deal 211 team damage per charged tile destroyed. Level 5: Deal 1961 damage, convert 3 charged tile, or if there are 3 charged tiles on the board deal 454 team damage per charged tile destroyed.
Max Level:
    Level 3: Deal 1,636 damage, convert 1 charged tile, or if there are 5 charged tiles on the board deal 255 team damage per charged tile destroyed. Level 4: Deal 2,363 damage, convert 2 charged tile, or if there are 4 charged tiles on the board deal 406 team damage per charged tile destroyed. Level 5: Deal 3,818 damage, convert 3 charged tile, or if there are 3 charged tiles on the board deal 874 team damage per charged tile destroyed.

Vaulting Boots of Valtorr 10 bluetilepng AP
Mordo takes to the air, deftly striking his target for 694 damage then converting 2 basic tiles of the enemy's strongest color into Black Charged tiles.
    Level 2: Deal 972 Damage Level 3: Deal 1,249 Damage Level 4: Deal 1,804 Damage Level 5: Deal 2,915 Damage, convert 3 basic tiles of enemy’s strongest color into Black Charged tiles
Max Level
    Level 3: Deal 2,432 Damage Level 4: Deal 3,513 Damage Level 5: Deal 5,674 Damage, convert 3 basic tiles of enemy’s strongest color into Black Charged tiles

Power with Purpose 9 purpletilepng AP
Mordo fervently adheres to the Natural Law and punishes those that break it. Stun the target for 1 turn and steal 1 Blue AP.
    Level 2: Steal 1 Blue and Purple AP Level 3: Steal 2 Blue and Purple AP Level 4: Steal 2 Blue, Purple, and Black AP Level 5: Steal 3 Blue, Purple and Black AP
Max Level:
    Level 3: Steal 2 Blue and Purple AP Level 4: Steal 2 Blue, Purple, and Black AP Level 5: Steal 3 Blue, Purple and Black AP
    *edited by Brigby to add updated character abilities
    *edited by Cthulhu to add the missing details, thank you for your help!
    *edited by DayvBang to correct black skill effects from "and" to "or".

Comments

• themoneymaker
      While its early i thought this would be a good base for when more details come out. Here's his description for anyone interested:

Lost and broken, Karl Mordo came to Kamar-Taj where he was trained by The Ancient One. As a Master of the Mystic Arts, Mordo fought against the unknowable darkness with fellow sorcerers and apprentices. Upon discovering his comrades using forbidden magic to achieve victory, he could not stave his anger. Turning his back on his teachings, he now roams the Earth hunting other sorcerers.

Affiliations: Villains
    • Black Duke
      Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
      Mordo looks like a villain's version of 4* Thor. He has a nice self synergy with his purple & blue feeding his black.

Without knowing Mordo's full stats it's seems like he has the potential to be a good supporting character for any other black & blue user in 4* tier (Punisher, Kate Bishop).
    • Polares
      Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
      You can see all values in game now. At five covers:

blackflag.png 1961, convert 3 tiles, if there are 3 or more black charged, then add 454 AoE extra for each black charged tile and destroy those tiles
      blueflag.png 2915, then 3 basic of the enemy strongest color to charged black
      purpleflag.png Stun for 1 turn, steal 3 blue,purple,black

- His black is quite comparable to 4hor, but with the big difference that the extra damage is AoE. This power is REALLY good, it has the limitation that is just uses black charged tiles and then destroys them (so no double casting here) but it can hit really hard. Oh, and this power is really cheap! Just with the basic damage for 7AP it would already be a good power.
      - Blue is interesting, it is also very similar to 4hor blue but now instead of stun you do more damage. The damage is not super strong, but it is another blue power that does damage.
      - The stun in purple at just one turn is situational, at most, it can win you a turn sometimes, but nothing more. The steal is nice, but OBW for less AP also steal more colors, so I guess this one is just ok. There are not good AP stealers in 4 land, so this makes this power more useful (even though it is a big pity that it doesnt steal any of the strongest colors, red and green).

All in all, he looks strong, good tier probably, at 270 black is going to do 4k+1k AoE per tile and blue around 6k, so those powers hit quite hard. I like him. Very similar to 4hor (even though thor might be slightly better, because she doesnt destroy the charged tiles, and I prefer longer stuns)
    • JangoLore
      JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
      Polares wrote:
      I prefer longer stuns)

With his purp at 5 covers, stealing 3 each time, and the power costing 9 you might get a few in a row off with it if you save up a bit
    • Polares
      JangoLore wrote:
      Polares wrote:
      I prefer longer stuns)

With his purp at 5 covers, stealing 3 each time, and the power costing 9 you might get a few in a row off with it if you save up a bit

Are you sure about this????

Let's assume you want a 3 turn stun. This means you would have to save 21 AP !!! (9+6+6) And that is assuming the AI has at least 6AP in purple. I don't see how this is practical. Mordo is a really bad stunner. I think it would have been much better if the ability was cheaper and didn't have any stun at all
    • Jaedenkaal
      Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
      Polares wrote:
      JangoLore wrote:
      Polares wrote:
      I prefer longer stuns)

Are you sure about this????

Let's assume you want a 3 turn stun. This means you would have to save 21 AP !!! (9+6+6) And that is assuming the AI has at least 6AP in purple. I don't see how this is practical. Mordo is a really bad stunner. I think it would have been much better if the ability was cheaper and didn't have any stun at all

Well of course it would. All AP Gen/steal powers (all powers, even) are better when they're cheaper. To the point of being ridiculous, as we noticed when OBW was broken (and when Recharge was fixed)
    • Jarvind
      Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
      Too early to say for sure but he looks like a sleeper - not mind blowing on paper but I'm betting he crushes pretty hard.

I'm tentatively predicting him to be at least upper third of the 4* tier, possibly up there with the likes of 4Thor depending on how well his numbers scale when champed.
    • DesertTortoise
      DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
      Mordo (Master Of the Mystic Arts)

4 star rarity (Legendary)
      At level 70 : HP: 4446 Tile Damage : 8 / 37 / 33 / 10 / 9 / 4.0

Staff Of the Living Tribunal - 7 blacktile.png AP

Mordo strikes with disciplined relentless attacks. Deal 467 damage, then convert one black basic tiles to a Charged tile, or if there are 6 or more Black Charged tiles deal 54 damage to the enemy team for each Black Charged tile then destroy them.
        Level 2 : Deals 654 damage, converts one basic black tile to a Charged tile or if there are 6 or more Charged Black tiles deal 76 to the enemy team for each Black Charged tiles then destroys them. Level 3 : Deals 841 damage, converts one basic black tile to a Charged tile or if there are 5 or more Charged Black tiles deal 117 to the enemy team for each Black Charged tiles then destroys them. Level 4 : Deals 1214 damage, converts two basic black tile to a Charged tiles or if there are 4 or more Charged Black tiles deal 211 to the enemy team for each Black Charged tiles then destroys them. Level 5 : Deals 1961 damage, converts three basic black tile to a Charged tile or if there are 3 or more Charged Black tiles deal 454 to the enemy team for each Black Charged tiles then destroys them.
      Max Level : ???? damage, if there are 3 or more Charged Black tiles deal ???? damage to the enemy team for each tile destroyed

Vaulting Boots of Valtorr - 10 bluetile.png AP
      Mordo takes to the air, deftly striking his target for 694 damage then converting 2 basic tiles of the enemies strongest tiles to Black Charged tiles
        Level 2 : 972 damage Level 3 : 1249 damage Level 4 : 1804 damage Level 5 : 2915 damage and converts 3 basic tiles of the enemy's strongest color into Black Charged tiles
      Max Level : ????

Power with Purpose - 9 purpletile.png AP
      Mordor fervently adheres to the Natural Law and punishes those who break it. Stun the target for 1 turn and steal 1 Blue AP
        Level 2 : Steal 1 Blue and Purple AP Level 3 : Steal 2 Blue and Purple AP Level 4 : Steal 2 Blue, Purple and Black AP Level 5 : Steal 3 Blue, Purple and Black AP
      Max Level : Unchanged

Edited the original post. There were a few numbers and descriptions that were slightly off.
    • Tilesmasher
      Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
      On paper he remindeds me of Kate, seems average but once you fight a champed one you realize they hit pretty hard.

We shall see!
    • GrumpySmurf1002
      GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
      Polares wrote:
      You can see all values in game now. At five covers:

blackflag.png 1961, convert 3 tiles, if there are 3 or more black charged, then add 454 AoE extra for each black charged tile and destroy those tiles
      blueflag.png 2915, then 3 basic of the enemy strongest color to charged black
      purpleflag.png Stun for 1 turn, steal 3 blue,purple,black

All in all, he looks strong, good tier probably, at 270 black is going to do 4k+1k AoE per tile and blue around 6k, so those powers hit quite hard. I like him. Very similar to 4hor (even though thor might be slightly better, because she doesnt destroy the charged tiles, and I prefer longer stuns)

Little less. Based power multiply by ~1.95 (usually +/- .025) on new 4*.

Black should be around 3824 / 885
      Blue around 5684

10 blue for 5.7k doesn't seem super strong, but not bad combined with the tile conversion.

The black is cheap but it's basically a slightly stronger Carnage red, w/ conditions to get the AoE to trigger. It's gonna be a challenge to get enough charged tiles out there to make it worth it, without someone like Surfer/Bolt on board.

Biggest issue is he shares colors with Kate and she hits a lot harder.

I think he probably settles in on the border of the good/average tier, somewhere in the 18-22 range.
    • Cthulhu
      Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
      Working on the full list of powers, sorry again for the delay
    • Cthulhu
      Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
      I edited the post to include the missing powers, I will try and get on adding the details when the character is announcing, starting with the next character.
    • themoneymaker
      Cthulhu wrote:
      I edited the post to include the missing powers, I will try and get on adding the details when the character is announcing, starting with the next character.

Cheers brother icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    • Polares
      edited February 2017

The black is cheap but it's basically a slightly stronger Carnage red, w/ conditions to get the AoE to trigger. It's gonna be a challenge to get enough charged tiles out there to make it worth it, without someone like Surfer/Bolt on board.

I think he probably settles in on the border of the good/average tier, somewhere in the 18-22 range.

Thing is, black at 5 covers ALWAYS meets the conditions, it is always at least 3.8k + 2.4k AoE, which is really good for 7 AP, much much better than Carnage's red with no self damage (this power just made Carnage's red obsolete!). And if before black you fired blue then the damage is super good (plus blue damage).

Both together is for 17AP they will do 3.8k+5.6k+4.8k AoE total of 23.8k damage or 1.4k/AP. Those numbers are really good. Now imagine when he is buffed!

This guys hits harder than 4hor, but he is all ofense, as I said before, 4hor stun is great. I agree he is similar to Kate, I dont agree she hits harder. This guy does AoE and this is a big deal (also black has no max limit), so he might end up being better than her.

EDIT: I was wrong. The power description in game clearly states "damage OR create charged tiles" but not both, so forget this comment completely icon_e_sad.gif
    • notamutant
      notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
      Polares wrote:

Thing is, black at 5 covers ALWAYS meets the conditions, it is always at least 3.8k + 2.4k AoE, which is really good for 7 AP, much much better than Carnage's red with no self damage (this power just made Carnage's red obsolete!). And if before black you fired blue then the damage is super good (plus blue damage).

Both together is for 17AP they will do 3.8k+5.6k+4.8k AoE total of 23.8k damage or 1.4k/AP. Those numbers are really good. Now imagine when he is buffed!

This guys hits harder than 4hor, but he is all ofense, as I said before, 4hor stun is great. I agree he is similar to Kate, I dont agree she hits harder. This guy does AoE and this is a big deal (also black has no max limit), so he might end up being better than her.

Hard to tell until tested, but I think that he doesn't do the AOE the first time you use black. Since the tiles are converted as part of the move itself, I am guessing he just does base damage at 5 covers.
    • Polares
      edited February 2017
      notamutant wrote:
      Polares wrote:

Hard to tell until tested, but I think that he doesn't do the AOE the first time you use black. Since the tiles are converted as part of the move itself, I am guessing he just does base damage at 5 covers.

Well I might be wrong, but the text says "convert and then if" so looks like it converts the tiles first and then it does the AoE.

EDIT: I was wrong. The power description in game clearly states "damage OR create charged tiles" but not both
    • eidehua
      eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
      But if you do gain AP from the destroyed tiles, Black 5 could mean infinite loop (destroying 3 charged tiles should get 9 black)-- so either we don't get AP from the destroyed tile, or it's an if and else case for black.
    • Polares
      eidehua wrote:
      But if you do gain AP from the destroyed tiles, Black 5 could mean infinite loop (destroying 3 charged tiles should get 9 black)-- so either we don't get AP from the destroyed tile, or it's an if and else case for black.

I doubt you gain any AP from destroying the tiles.

If you did, you would just need to fire first blue and then infinte loop while there are black tiles on the board or the other team dies. So no, no AP won with this power.
    • Pongie
      Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
      In game description has "or if". 7ap to deal damage and make charged tiles, another 7ap to deal aoe and destroy all charged tiles. Unless you have someone else to create charged tiles, think of it as 14ap
    • Vhailorx
      Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
      He is as good as his black, neither of the other two powers looks amazing. i think a team built to fuel that black could get nasty. And he is fairly tough. But i dont think he will be carol/medusa tier.