Saheeli Rai: Official Thread

Alve
Alve Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in Planeswalker Details
Saheeli1.jpg

manablue.pngmanared.pngSaheeli Rai

Level 60 mana bonuses: +1 manawhite.png | +1 managreen.png | +4 manared.png | +1 manablack.png | +4 manablue.png
Level 60 HP: 118
Level 60 max Creatures: 8 Spells: 7 Supports: 7

1: Whirlmaker - cost: 9
1 - Create 1 1/1 Colorless Thopter artifact creature tokens with flying then Energize 1.
2 - Create 2 1/1 Colorless Thopter artifact creature tokens with flying then Energize 2.
3 - Create 3 1/1 Colorless Thopter artifact creature tokens with flying then Energize 3.
4 - Create 4 1/1 Colorless Thopter artifact creature tokens with flying then Energize 4.

2: Construct Artistry - cost: 12
1 - Remove 2 Energy from the board and give +3/+3 to each creature Construct you control.
2 - Remove 2 Energy from the board and give +4/+4 to each creature Construct you control.
3 - Remove 2 Energy from the board and give +5/+5 to each creature Construct you control.
4 - Remove 2 Energy from the board and give +6/+6 to each creature Construct you control.

3: Vehicular Assembly - cost: 20
1 - Fetch the next 1 Vehicle from your library and put iton the battlefield.
2 - Fetch the next 2 Vehicles from your library and put them on the battlefield.
3 - Fetch the next 3 Vehicles from your library and put them on the battlefield.
4 - Fetch the next 4 Vehicles from your library and put them on the battlefield.

Cost to Max Level: 160,730 runes

Saheeli2.jpg

Post your decks and tips for this Planeswalker below!

Comments

• Shino
    Shino Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    I liked her abilities better before they changed them with the new set.
    Oh well... she's still fun.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    like her last one wont be abused to hell with skyship sovereign.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    In the right deck her abilities are great.

- Her first ability is strictly better than Garruk's.
    - Her second ability pumps more than Gideon's second ability (and Nahiri's first), though it does require some energy.
    - Her last ability is a better Deploy the Gatewatch on wheels that can dump some big fat vehicles onto the board... I heard Skysovereign being mentioned and the idea of that sounds very enticing.

Now if only I could get my hands on some good vehicles I could actually consider getting her.
  • Shino
    Tilwin90 wrote:
    In the right deck her abilities are great.

- Her first ability is strictly better than Garruk's.
    But was changed from 6 loyalty to 9 loyalty and they added energy... which they didn't need to.
    Tilwin90 wrote:
    - Her second ability pumps more than Gideon's second ability (and Nahiri's first), though it does require some energy.
    Requiring the energy is the problem. They bumped the buff by one and then required energy. They pretty much force you into the new set. You could argue that you can use the first ability and then the second, but then you're looking at getting 9 loyalty and then getting 12 before 3 of the energy gems are destroyed.
    Tilwin90 wrote:
    - Her last ability is a better Deploy the Gatewatch on wheels that can dump some big fat vehicles onto the board... I heard Skysovereign being mentioned and the idea of that sounds very enticing.
    Very broken if you have that card.
    A 48/48 that deals 20 damage to all your opponent's creatures and your opponent for only 20 loyalty. Why even get regular mana... just go for loyalty the whole time.
    Now... with other vehicles, this is not broken of course... but using Skysovereign is scary. Good thing the AI rarely gets to the point where it uses the 3rd ability.
    Tilwin90 wrote:
    Now if only I could get my hands on some good vehicles I could actually consider getting her.
    That's the problem with this game... they give you such a low chance of getting good cards... and no ability to go after cards you actually want...

As for Rai... I have her. I like her... but her first and second abilities were better before D3 F'ed with them.
    The last ability is arguably better or worse depending on your cards.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Shino wrote:
    Good thing the AI rarely gets to the point where it uses the 3rd ability.
    It's one reason why I love playing against Sorin decks. If I can keep the board clear, his first ability is totally useless (and the AI is dumb enough to trigger it every time it gets the chance).
  • morgue427
    honestly even gust smugglers copper would be a 24/24 on its own for 20 lolalty hard to argue with that in your face suddenly
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    morgue427 wrote:
    honestly even gust smugglers copper would be a 24/24 on its own for 20 lolalty hard to argue with that in your face suddenly

I'd go Fleetwheel Cruiser in that case if it were me because, haste.
  • morgue427
    or bromat because you loose build up mana in the cards but 6 new ones to reset with may or may not be helpful, if i could ever get her i could try it out lol
  • Shino
    Shino wrote:
    Tilwin90 wrote:
    Very broken if you have that card.
    A 48/48 that deals 20 damage to all your opponent's creatures and your opponent for only 20 loyalty. Why even get regular mana... just go for loyalty the whole time.
    Now... with other vehicles, this is not broken of course... but using Skysovereign is scary. Good thing the AI rarely gets to the point where it uses the 3rd ability.

Gonna be honest...
    I pulled a Skysovereign over the weekend.
    and I immediately replaced the vehicle I had in her deck with it.

Admittedly ... I'm a little ashamed.

To make it worse... in my test run... I specifically went after loyalty... there was a Skysovereign in my hand.
    The 4 dropped on the board filling 12 mana of the one in my hand.
    The next round I dropped another one... that was the last round.

Crazy Go Nuts
    8f974ac175cfa06b4a8356284f070b36.jpeg
  • morgue427
    want to make it worse? keep sky soverien in there but put scram(mythic) and thopter spy network with fevered dreams and scram will be as high as sky quick by the time you get it built up and the thopter will be cloe by it too imagine 3 48/48s lmfao and if they have any colorless scram will be even worse then a cheap spell like haunted cloak or a red beserker and nothing is getting by just noticed scram going up when a story line i was using to test nahiri cast hangerback walker

that catches on and rai will be back in the hanger for another retrofit
  • Shino
    morgue427 wrote:
    want to make it worse? keep sky soverien in there but put scram(mythic) and thopter spy network with fevered dreams and scram will be as high as sky quick by the time you get it built up and the thopter will be cloe by it too imagine 3 48/48s lmfao and if they have any colorless scram will be even worse then a cheap spell like haunted cloak or a red beserker and nothing is getting by just noticed scram going up when a story line i was using to test nahiri cast hangerback walker
    Pardon my lack of card knowledge... but not sure what you're referring to (bold/underline).

I still don't have Spy Network.
    For a long time I bought Origins box after Origins box trying to get one... I just got fed up of getting nothing but dupes.
    But I do use Hangerback Walker with her.
  • morgue427
    just realized i had a brain cram scram is a white mythic he wont go into rai sigh need to find another way to pump him up sorry but he does go up when anybody casts a colorless creature or support

it was a good idea that got blasted on the runway sorry have to find something else perhaps a vehicle deck will work for him

but hangerback and sky soverian together would be nasty with the benefit of having 2 separate creatures to kill instead of one

fevered dreams is a support red/blue each round you both you and ai draw an extra card but if the ai has more than 4 it takes 4 damage, a two edged sword it makes them take damage but it give them a fuller hand
  • Shino
    Ahhhhh....

Fevered Visions:
    https://mtgpq.info/cards/FeveredVisions

and Sram:
    https://mtgpq.info/cards/SramSeniorEdificer

gotcha now.
    I don't have either of those. icon_e_sad.gif

I like Molton Nursery:
    https://mtgpq.info/cards/MoltenNursery

Especially with Hangerback out. icon_e_smile.gif
  • morgue427
    molten could work if i try to keep with vehicles and colorless for scram will have to look into it thank you

jori en could work a gold creature not sure of cost same set i think though gives and extra card and is odd power/ toughness so one inner struggle wont take him out. well extra draw but not damage to them

and the heart of kiran mythic will be even worse imagine 48/48 with 16 +1 servos to wait through when you activate it no damage to the other creatures so it wont clear the board for itself not that at 64/64 it will need to really
  • Grenade110
    Grenade110 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    This is the Saheeli Rai deck I intend on building.

Quicksmith Rebellion
    Saheeli Rai, Level 60

Creatures (2):
    Hangarback Walker
    Drowner of Hope

Spells (3):
    Unlicensed Disintegration
    Foundry of the Consuls
    Adverse Conditions

Supports (5):
    Decoction Module
    Dynavolt Tower
    Molten Nursery
    Drownyard Temple
    Shivan Reef

Drowner of Hope is critical to lockdown defenses and shutout attacks except from haste creatures.

Hangarback Walker pumps out insane amounts of Thopters to trigger Drowner and also Molten Nursery.

Adverse Conditions only temporarily deals with a threat but it will also give me a Scion to trigger Drowner and also Molten Nursery.

Foundry Of the Counsuls gives me 4 1/1 Thopters but with Nursery it's also 10 damage to my opponent.

Unlicensed Disintegration will take care of a threat and almost always deal 3 damage also.

Decoction Module will energize the board quickly with Saheeli's first ability, Foundry, Walker, and Drowner.

Dynavolt Tower can deal massive damage.

Molten Nursery will deal damage in mass quantities.

Drownyard Temple and Shivan Reef speed the deck along allowing me to get to the expensive cards quickly.
  • Magog
    Magog Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    I suppose mine is another "Summon Boomship to win" deck, but I thought it's worth sharing.

Creatures:
    Skysovereign
    Olivia
    Startled Awake

Spells:
    Crush of Tentacles
    Imprisoned in the Moon
    Demolish
    Anchor to the Aether
    Baral's Expertise

Supports:
    Mirrorpool
    Prism Array

Basic trend is to remove enemy creatures (and I guess supports) until you can use her last ability. Prism Array helps with draw and disable, while Startled Awake is just all kinds of awesome. Best case scenario is if you can get Olivia out before summoning the Boom, assuming you have enough cards to discard you end up with a 60/60 flying Lifelinker with Haste, Olivia and a bonus 20 damage from the Boom itself.

Recommendations on what to swap out would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking Demolish (and maybe Crush) could be replaced with something more appropriate, but I'm not sure what. Maybe Sphinx's Tutelage or Inner Struggle to slow your opponent further.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    She's gonna be nuts with heart of Kiran hahahahaha

The animations would take a yea though.
  • Diabeetus
    Diabeetus Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    I just don't have good enough cards for her, unfortunately. I've just been able to cobble together an artificer and construct based energy deck. I don't even use vehicles, so I just stick with her first two skills.

Creatures:
    Pia Nalaar
    Padeem, Consul of Innovation
    Multiform Wonder
    Electrostatic Pummeler

Supports:
    Aether Hub
    Era of Innovation
    Decoction Module

Spells:
    Saheeli's Artistry
    Inner Struggle
    Baral's Expertise
  • MtGMoxJet
    MtGMoxJet Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    My deck:

Creatures:
    Baral, Chief of Compliance (8 cost)
    Niblis of Frost (7 cost)

Support:
    Harness the Storm (12 cost)

Spells:
    Rush of Ice (1 cost)
    Haunted Cloak (1 cost)
    Artificer's Epiphany (2 cost)
    Negate (3 cost)
    Imprisoned in the Moon (3 cost)
    Lightning Javelin (6 cost)
    Pore Over the Page (9 cost)

Once Baral and Harness is in play it is basically game. But there is enough cards in deck to be able to survive until combo is in play. Even with the high cost of the creatures and support and a few spells, the gem destruction from harness usually creates a cascade of gems matching to continue casting of spells. With niblis in play, it can grow to be a massive creature. Haunted makes sure it can attack immediately. Disable nulifies hexproof and creatures can be imprisoned. Card drawers and direct damage in the mix as well.