Broke Falcon? [Fixed]

2»

Comments

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    supergarv wrote:
    How can a patch affecting only 2 characters get released without a dev actually testing 6 powers just once? That would be 3 minutes of play, saving us to wait 2 weeks for a fix.

Indeed it is utterly ridiculous that even basic sanity level testing has clearly not taken place on this release, it is bad enough when less connected stuff gets broken and not caught before being released, but it is inexcusable for the basic functionality of one of the characters being changed was broken by this release.

Did the test plan for this release consist of, does the app load and has the text for the powers been changed or something?

Sounds like the recent Starlord issues. They updated the flavor text for his skills and a different skill changes what it does. WHAT? How did you even do that? At some level, I'm really starting to wonder if this isn't some sort of weird clandestine psychology experiment or if we're going to get an in game popup of Ashton Kutcher.
  • Droc76
    Droc76 Posts: 56
    I'm sure you all make mistakes at your own jobs/school/life. They will fix it just chill little honey bunnies. I didn't intended this thread to be a flame thread. Just an FYI to the developers. Till then try 3 Cap IM40 and whatever(myself XFW) for goons. Works pretty good as well.
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Yup, falcon is worthless without his blue IMO. Probably won't even use him until his fixed which is unfortunate, since I use him for the goons. Hopefully the fix is quick and maybe we're thrown some compensation since this isn't the first time this has happened.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Droc76 wrote:
    I'm sure you all make mistakes at your own jobs/school/life. They will fix it just chill little honey bunnies. I didn't intended this thread to be a flame thread. Just an FYI to the developers. Till then try 3 Cap IM40 and whatever(myself XFW) for goons. Works pretty good as well.

Well, if I screw up consistently every two weeks, for MONTHS, in a similar manner, you can bet your bottocks that I would be fired by now.

It's not that falcon is broken and we can't find alternatives.

It's the consistency of all the "mistakes"
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Merged additional threads
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Surprisingly, Falcon's blue was working pretty well for me last night yesterday against 3* storm. It didn't seem to work yesterday in the morning and seemed to only go off after I had way more than the required 5 blue AP, but I did not ascertain that twice.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Droc76 wrote:

I actually work in software testing and while bugs may get past testers, there is no way that such basic functionality should be compromised as frequently as happens with mpq, even if a release was being rushed due to dev overruns you would then focus more testing onto the areas that had been changed so things like the redwing error would become more likely to be discovered even if there was a chance of bugs in other areas slipping past.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did a match with Falcon to see if Redwing had returned, and it worked. Yay! Cleansed an enemy Attack and an enemy Strike during the match
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Agrees, he's fixed. Been running him through Strange Sights and Redwing is working properly now. icon_e_smile.gif