Mordo??

Handoftheking26
Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
edited February 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion
So Mordo comes out tomorrow and no teaser? No power description? What gives?

P.S. Mordo looks cool

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    So Mordo comes out tomorrow and no teaser? No power description? What gives?

P.S. Mordo looks cool
    Patience, Padawan.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    I saw the FB post. But they used to break down the powers by level on here before release.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Hmm, mordo's numbers are a bit disappoonting. (These are my guesses at 5 covers@270 nased on his level 70 numbers).

Thing tier health (good!)

Black: 7ap, 4kish damage. Will do about 2k per black charged tile, uncapped. Not clear if per tile damage is additive or replacement for base damage. (Either way, this power looks like the best.)

Blue: 10 ap, 6kish damage and turn 3 of opponents strongest color into black charged tiles. (Blue nukes are good, but this is a bit weak. Charged tile creation is good on offense, weak on d)

Purple: 9ap, steal 3 each of blue, black, and purple + 1 turn stun. (Seems a bit pricey, and fairly weak at 5 covers as 9 ap, but borderline bad at 3). Just to be clear, self acceleration is good, but gathering 9ap just to gain 3 is not mich accel.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Hmm, mordo's numbers are a bit disappoonting. (These are my guesses at 5 covers@270 nased on his level 70 numbers).

Thing tier health (good!)

Black: 7ap, 4kish damage. Will do about 2k per black charged tile, uncapped. Not clear if per tile damage is additive or replacement for base damage. (Either way, this power looks like the best.)

Blue: 10 ap, 6kish damage and turn 3 of opponents strongest color into black charged tiles. (Blue nukes are good, but this is a bit weak. Charged tile creation is good on offense, weak on d)

Purple: 9ap, steal 3 each of blue, black, and purple + 1 turn stun. (Seems a bit pricey, and fairly weak at 5 covers, but borderline bad at 3.

First two things I noticed:

1. Black has no "does not generate AP" caveat. I take this to mean that Black is spammable, once it gets going, but then burns itself out (so to speak). This also probably means that it's not hugely powerful in and of itself.

2. This might be the "simplest" character we've had in a long time. Each power is very clear in what it does; there's no wheel of fortune side effects tacked on, no split purpose abilities, no weirdly specific passives, no CD's, etc. Outside of the 4* rating and charged tiles, this reads like a year 1 character. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Edit: I accidently a punctuation.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    At 5 covers, his purple redistributes that 9 ap to each of his 3 powers, so he's got the commonly desirable self-acceleration. Its pretty similar to Rulk's purple power, only its dividing the ap amongst all three of his colors instead of focussing on 1. Usually self-acceleration makes a character top tier, but that dilution might make his self-acceleration inconsequential. I can't decide if that's how it'll play out or not, guess we'll see.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    VizMantis wrote:
    At 5 covers, his purple redistributes that 9 ap to each of his 3 powers, so he's got the commonly desirable self-acceleration. Its pretty similar to Rulk's purple power, only its dividing the ap amongst all three of his colors instead of focussing on 1. Usually self-acceleration makes a character top tier, but that dilution might make his self-acceleration inconsequential. I can't decide if that's how it'll play out or not, guess we'll see.
    Unlike Rulk, this won't generate AP out of thing air. It has to be stolen. Much worse in that regard than Rulk's purple.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    notamutant wrote:
    Unlike Rulk, this won't generate AP out of thing air. It has to be stolen. Much worse in that regard than Rulk's purple.

Oh, you're right, I missed the "steal" part. In that case, its like OBW's purple, only at 5 covers, his is still worse than her power at 1 cover. I stand corrected, purple seems quite lame. On par with 4Blade's black.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    VizMantis wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

Oh, you're right, I missed the "steal" part. In that case, its like OBW's purple, only at 5 covers, his is still worse than her power at 1 cover. I stand corrected, purple seems quite lame. On par with 4Blade's black.

No, it's better than that (at least the base power without the red tile spawn). It costs less and does generste ap.

And theft is actually better than ap generation IF the ai has the ap. But it's less reliable too.

So 5/5/3 seems pretty obvious. But that means ignoring pyrple conpletely. Maybe 5/4/4, but i don't know if purple is even worth using at 4 covers. Ultimately, i think mordo will be as good as his black.