MPQ Gamependium (Unofficial web tools: DDQ Calendar/Rosters)

Comments

• Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Any chance we can see our levels next to current build in DDQ calendar? It's fun to quickly see if I have a good champ reward coming up.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had the error last night and ended up giving up and going to bed.
    This morning I made steps to update my roster to fix it, since I lost my changes yesturday, and all the 5*s are gone. They're not even listed under "missing", just the three 1*s I don't have.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    I had the error last night and ended up giving up and going to bed.
    This morning I made steps to update my roster to fix it, since I lost my changes yesturday, and all the 5*s are gone. They're not even listed under "missing", just the three 1*s I don't have.

An incomplete feature crept in when I pushed out a new feature last night. I've taken the site down until I can fix it (shouldn't be more than an hour).

I will be rolling back updates made to any roster that had 5*s on it. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Update: The 36 affected rosters have had their missing 5*s restored, rather than doing a complete rollback.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    No need to apologise to me, just reporting an issue I saw. The site's great, I can forgive a glitch here and there =)
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I was just looking at the DDQ calendar and had a couple ideas that might be interesting to see in action.

I loved how the cover count is listed when I was still looking to cover my 3*s. Would it be possible to expand it to show character level as well? Could be handy for those folks with max covers but not yet championed. Or someone who's champ is getting close to a 4* reward.

It would be handy to see this especially for the upcoming crashes as a reminder to bank some iso for under leveled characters.
  • Cymmina
    madok wrote:
    I was just looking at the DDQ calendar and had a couple ideas that might be interesting to see in action.

I loved how the cover count is listed when I was still looking to cover my 3*s. Would it be possible to expand it to show character level as well? Could be handy for those folks with max covers but not yet championed. Or someone who's champ is getting close to a 4* reward.

It would be handy to see this especially for the upcoming crashes as a reminder to bank some iso for under leveled characters.

Done.
  • Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    HI,

I been using Gamependium for a bit now (tintaiwan)

Thanks for adding features to match updates to DDQ.

It would be nice to add star levels indicators to the Behemoth Burrito.

For example - todays.
    2017-02-24
    Savory
    Dat Required Character
    Human Torch Red
    3/3/5 Lv40

Behemoth Burrito (2 Star) or (2*)
    Human Torch
    0/1/0 Lv15

Behemoth Burrito (3 Star)
    Blade
    3/5/5 Lv40

Behemoth Burrito (4 Star)
    Professor X
    0/2/0 Lv70

But really, thanks. Amazed you got it together sooo quickly.

TT heropointsbig.pngheropointsbig.pngheropointsbig.png
  • Cymmina
    Tintaiwan wrote:
    HI,

I been using Gamependium for a bit now (tintaiwan)

Thanks for adding features to match updates to DDQ.

It would be nice to add star levels indicators to the Behemoth Burrito.

The format for the Behemoth Burrito is incomplete. I didn't want to hold back releasing support for the new node when the existing format was still serviceable and getting the markup I want is very tricky to do. Due to the limited space, I'm more likely to include the character's style than the rarity. Even if I add the rarity, you still can't tell the difference between Venom (Agent Venom) and Venom (Eddie Brock). But I will see what I can do to make it all fit.

In the mean time, you'll just have to know that they're always ordered by rarity: 2*, 3*, 4*.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did the SSL certs expire again?
  • Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    It looks like the active certificate was only valid from 12/15/2016 - 3/15/2017, so I can no longer browse there using Chrome.
  • Cymmina

Sorry about that. I got the "your certificate is expiring today" notification just a few hours before it expired. I'll have to pay closer attention to that next time.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cymmina wrote:

Sorry about that. I got the "your certificate is expiring today" notification just a few hours before it expired. I'll have to pay closer attention to that next time.

No problem. Thanks for being responsive!
  • Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    HI,

I was thinking about making a list of characters that are and aren't available tokens currently. And which ones are in vaults currently.

Has any one else done this already? any of you amazing folks are mpq Gamependium have any thoughts...

TT
  • Akari
    Random suggestion, add daily resupply? Have a field on the roster screen to fill in what day you're on and go from there?

Might be a bit complicated if you miss a day by accident, I guess?
  • Cymmina
    Tintaiwan said:
    HI,

I was thinking about making a list of characters that are and aren't available tokens currently. And which ones are in vaults currently.

Has any one else done this already? any of you amazing folks are mpq Gamependium have any thoughts...

TT
    I don't have any plans for that at this time.
    Akari said:
    Random suggestion, add daily resupply? Have a field on the roster screen to fill in what day you're on and go from there?

Might be a bit complicated if you miss a day by accident, I guess?
    Yes, skipping days will require manually recalibrating what day you're on.  Other than that, it's perfectly doable with a pretty calendar and everything.  I'll only be able to track covers, not tokens, HP, or CP.  I might be able to add those later, but it would be very low priority.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Have you ever considered adding ISO needed to level characters to the site?  I like to keep track of how much ISO I need to soft cap my roster, and currently need to track it elsewhere.

One other suggestion:  Count champ levels towards the "covers per rarity" when you look at the Diff for a revision.  Right now it only counts actual new power levels applied.
  • Cymmina
    Have you ever considered adding ISO needed to level characters to the site?  I like to keep track of how much ISO I need to soft cap my roster, and currently need to track it elsewhere.

One other suggestion:  Count champ levels towards the "covers per rarity" when you look at the Diff for a revision.  Right now it only counts actual new power levels applied.
    I am open to adding the ISO information.  Preparing the data necessary for this takes a considerable amount of time.  I have time to look into it this weekend, but I suspect it will take longer than that to do.

Changing the Diff page to show champion levels as a cover increase is complicated due to the way the data is stored and queried.  The UI isn't much of an abstraction of the database structure:  levels are stored independently from cover information.  Whether or not the character is championed is derived by comparing the level information to a table that just contains the minimum level for championing at each rarity.  When I query the diff, I am literally only getting the difference between 2 revisions.  The application don't know if it's looking at 2* character going from 70 to 72 or 79 to 81, it just knows it went up by 2 levels.

So the question becomes: what would be the most meaningful way of representing champion covers?  I can return results so that if it is a championed character, each +1 in level also shows a +1 in the 1st cover.  Alternately, I can convert any +1 in level to  +1 in the 1st cover once the character has become championed.  Either of these options can be done without redeploying.
  • Akari
    Adding dupes of 3* seems to be broken. I hit the copy button, drop the dupe's covers down to 1 (or whatever), but the max level doesn't drop from 266, and when I save, they don't save with the rest of the changes. If I change nothing but the dupes, it will even throw an error and say that revision already exists.
  • Cymmina
    Akari said:
    Adding dupes of 3* seems to be broken. I hit the copy button, drop the dupe's covers down to 1 (or whatever), but the max level doesn't drop from 266, and when I save, they don't save with the rest of the changes. If I change nothing but the dupes, it will even throw an error and say that revision already exists.
    This should now be fixed.
  • WaterFire
    WaterFire Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    is it just me or is there something wrong with the images for the last 3-4 covers?   I have missing links for spidey, vulture, sandman, and doc oct.