MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2017 Edition *Updated (2/24/17)

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Miles should be next in the Crash, but his cover is missing from the taco vault, Red Hulk is there, who is after Miles. So, is Miles getting skipped?
    Ant Man should have been next, actually.
    Scott Lang > Spider-Man.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Miles should be next in the Crash, but his cover is missing from the taco vault, Red Hulk is there, who is after Miles. So, is Miles getting skipped?
    Scott Lang > Spider-Man.
    Ant-Man was yesterday. Very strange that Miles got skipped since his Crash has already run twice.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Scott Lang > Spider-Man.
    Ant-Man was yesterday. Very strange that Miles got skipped since his Crash has already run twice.
    I'm an idiot.
    Or I live in another timezone.
    Possibly both.

Like a time travelling fool.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Red Hulk is the DDQ vault cover...I would have *sworn* Miles was up next.

He's already had crashes in the past, so this can't be another "he hadn't been featured twice" stealth skip, I wonder what the deal is.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if Rulk and Miles are on opposite "sweet" and "savory" tracks (or the same) and so the game reached for the next on that list rather than the next in the correct order.

Or just simple human error...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Sorry for the confusion everyone. Apparently there are two conflicting internal documents, and with a 50/50 chance of me picking the right one, well...

he-chose-poorly.jpg

I'll make sure to correct this with the team, so this doesn't happen again. My apologies!
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice use of meme there but...can you let us know why it's different? Is miles getting skipped now or just being postponed for a later date?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Sorry for the confusion everyone. Apparently there are two conflicting internal documents, and with a 50/50 chance of me picking the right one, well...

he-chose-poorly.jpg

I'll make sure to correct this with the team, so this doesn't happen again. My apologies!

Thing is, what everybody else is going off of is the officially-communicated order from some time ago. So if Red Hulk is up next, it means Miles is getting skipped or postponed, and his Crash has previously run. So while the question of "Whither Miles?" remains, this mention of two conflicting internal documents raises additional questions: if the DDQ order is proceeding according to the original communication, with new characters slipping into the appropriate place as they meet the requirements to Crash, how/why are those conflicting documents relevant?
  • Brigby
    mohio wrote:
    Nice use of meme there but...can you let us know why it's different? Is miles getting skipped now or just being postponed for a later date?
    Miles Morales is merely being postponed. Turns out that Star-Lord was his opponent, and they encountered the AP bug during that instance, so they are fixing that issue before re-running Miles's DDQ.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Brigby wrote:
    mohio wrote:
    Miles Morales is merely being postponed. Turns out that Star-Lord was his opponent, and they encountered the AP bug during that instance, so they are fixing that issue before re-running Miles's DDQ.

Wow. Point for the devs. Good forethought. And here we were with pitchforks at the ready.
  • Brigby
    *(2/08/17) Brigby - Added Marvel's Mordo article
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:
    *(2/08/17) Brigby - Added Marvel's Mordo article
    Not going to lie - I'm bummed out on the art. I was hoping for a more traditional look. MCU owns all. icon_cry.gif
  • Quebbster
    If the releases of Riri Williams, Black Panther and Baron Mordo was part of Black History Month celebrations... Shouldn't that announcement have been made sooner? Is it really a celebration if you don't tell anyone about it?
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 965 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    If the releases of Riri Williams, Black Panther and Baron Mordo was part of Black History Month celebrations... Shouldn't that announcement have been made sooner? Is it really a celebration if you don't tell anyone about it?

Don't forget Falcon's rework. Also done stealthily for Black History Month.

Reed also got reworked for Black History Month for his work with Dr. King. Oh wait, that was his work with Dr. Doom. Nevermind.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Mordo vaults off the silver screen and into Marvel Puzzle Quest, bringing all his formidable mystical artifacts with him. *New Update*
    Find out more about 4-Star Mordo here: Mordo (Master of the Mystic Arts)

Hi Brigby, thanks for updating the monthly sneak peaks. Is it possible to create a separate discussion post for the New Characters? We use to get a post with the Marvel News then we talk about the character but now it seems like no one even notices it. Just a thought, maybe others will agree.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, there should definitely be a new thread for Mordo. A 7AP black damage ability that is powered by the creation of black charged tiles (some of which will be matched on cast), along with a stun/steal combo, would surely generate discussion.
  • The only Mordo thread I want is one to hang him up by. Come on! He's not the Baron Mordo of comic fame, the villian of Strange! This guy's bio reads like he's a good guy, rallying against those who used "forbidden magics". THAT'S what Dr Strange is supposed to do! Baron Mordo was THE user of forbidden magics. What the heck is going on here? This guy doesn't even have a cover from the MU to use that you had a in-house artist do it? Just proves this guy
    is a waste of programming. Where are the characters that players are actually asking for? Stop with the 3rd stringers parade we've had too much of already, and bring in the top names of the MU. More mutants, spidey villans, cap villans (i mean, he doesn't even have the Red Skull to face yet? really?), soul gem season and no Adam Warlock yet, but we got Thanos his main villan? Want to do a "alt version" of somebody, how about Beta Ray Bill for Thor, or classic cigar chomping Nick Fury? At least they are truly different characters. There is so much more untapped variety more worthy of production, that things like this guy just baffle the mind. If these latest characters, (Riri, BP 5*, Mordo), really were just for Black history month, then please find better heroes/villans than 2 ho-hums and a rehash. BP 5* is sweet though, just tired of the retreads that aren't truly different versions, this is just a "movie" version ultimately.
  • Quebbster
    sybercide wrote:
    The only Mordo thread I want is one to hang him up by. Come on! He's not the Baron Mordo of comic fame, the villian of Strange! This guy's bio reads like he's a good guy, rallying against those who used "forbidden magics". THAT'S what Dr Strange is supposed to do! Baron Mordo was THE user of forbidden magics. What the heck is going on here? This guy doesn't even have a cover from the MU to use that you had a in-house artist do it? Just proves this guy
    is a waste of programming. Where are the characters that players are actually asking for? Stop with the 3rd stringers parade we've had too much of already, and bring in the top names of the MU. More mutants, spidey villans, cap villans (i mean, he doesn't even have the Red Skull to face yet? really?), soul gem season and no Adam Warlock yet, but we got Thanos his main villan? Want to do a "alt version" of somebody, how about Beta Ray Bill for Thor, or classic cigar chomping Nick Fury? At least they are truly different characters. There is so much more untapped variety more worthy of production, that things like this guy just baffle the mind. If these latest characters, (Riri, BP 5*, Mordo), really were just for Black history month, then please find better heroes/villans than 2 ho-hums and a rehash. BP 5* is sweet though, just tired of the retreads that aren't truly different versions, this is just a "movie" version ultimately.
    Licensor approval matters a whole lot. Marvel may have demanded Mordo gets put in the game now to coincide with Dr Strange's re-release. Same thing with Riri and Black Panther being the Civil War version.
  • Brigby
    *(2/09/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Why is 2* Thor the essential again already for Strange Sights? He was just up in The Hunt.

I don't recall the 2* essential ever being repeated so quickly before?