*** Sam Wilson (Falcon) *** (Updated)

Comments

• Can we please speed up Falcons yellow and blue animation. This pvp has been run twice in the past month and both times what should be 5 minute games turn into 15 because every turn falcon redwing's opponent falcon's redwing tile.... Then you make a yellow match and he flies across the screen. These things waste time. In that time I am getting attacked because I am pushing for 1k - 1.3k for covers.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    traedoril wrote:
    Can we please speed up Falcons yellow and blue animation. This pvp has been run twice in the past month and both times what should be 5 minute games turn into 15 because every turn falcon redwing's opponent falcon's redwing tile.... Then you make a yellow match and he flies across the screen. These things waste time. In that time I am getting attacked because I am pushing for 1k - 1.3k for covers.

we need a toggle is all.. i find the dueling redwings hilarious, yes the matches take longer because of it.

But seeing Falcon fly in and out and across so many times in 1 fight, it makes it look like he is trying to get somewhere using Apple Maps ... makes me laugh.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I made the mistake of bringing Luke Cage and IronFist with my Falcon... CPU's blue took over my shield/attack tile BUT then my Falcon's blue took over his CD and it just repeated every turn!

Cage/IF Animation ~ CPU Blue overwrite ~ Cage/IF Animation ~ My Blue overwrites the CPU's CD ~ over and over again! Ended up being a 20 minute match! icon_e_surprised.gif

Luckily it was worth over 50pts.. maybe the player won't retaliate knowing that their match may also take 20 mins to complete!
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    This PvP has taught me that Falcon needs adjustment - badly! My God it's pure hell seeing both Falcon's swoop every single turn to overwrite each others Redwing tile. Dev's, why do you hate us? icon_mad.gif
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know this isn't technically a bug, as it is in the description that Redwing will take out a countdown tile. However, the Redwing countdown tile itself is a bit unique as it is a tile you want destroyed if it is your own, and want to leave alone if it is an opponent.

My Redwing killing the opponents Redwing countdown gives the opponent an advantage of being able to use Redwing again on my strikes/shields/damage dealing countdowns/etc. Should that be the case?

It also led to a ridiculous fight where redwings took each other out about nine turns in a row.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, that's a hazard of the Falcon/Falcon mirror match. Redwing (and Anti-Gravity Device) deliberately won't take into account whether you want the opposing countdown to expire or not, which means it takes somewhat more strategy to use them effectively and they can be countered by teams with "different" countdown mechanisms.
  • To not mention the birds dance every turn when the only tile out is the Redwing one. You take his, he takes yours. Every. Turn.
  • I rarely ever used falcon until these recent events... I'm really not a fan of the character, but could we possibly get an epic sounding raptor (falcon, hawk or eagle) scream instead of crow sounds as bird strike and redwing are triggered? The current sounds are weak.
  • The crowing is unlikely to change since Bird Strike is probably a reference to this classic:

jIpZmUF.jpg
  • I get the "birds" reference, if that's the case then throw crows at me when I trigger it, not Hawks with crow voices. Lol
  • I never actually paid much attention to the animation, so I went in game to try it out:

8f3IFA2.png?1

It looks like the developers just reused their Redwing art for the animation. To be fair however, the description for Bird Strike claims Falcon has summoned a massive flock of birds rather than clones of Redwing, so probably it's the animation that deserves to be changed.
  • The same sound efx are used as redwing is deployed. I vote for an epic bird of prey scream for redwing and a redo of bird strike to star some killer crows.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    The same sound efx are used as redwing is deployed. I vote for an epic bird of prey scream for redwing and a redo of bird strike to star some killer crows.

I hadn't thought about it until I saw this thread, but it reminded me of how bald eagles are usually dubbed with a red tailed hawk's cry.
    To me that would've been an excellent choice, but then other people would think "Hey, Redwing isn't an eagle!"
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    New name now in effect
    Sam Wilson (Falcon)
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    New name now in effect
    Sam Wilson (Falcon)

I thought I was hallucinating when I saw it...
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    After champing him and re-spec'ing to 5 in blue I've become a massive fan of Falcon - especially teamed with Iron Fist and Luke Cage, he is the perfect support character. I try to quickly get 2 blue matches so that redwing is active the remainder of the fight.

I always knew redwing was good against the non-playable enemies in PVE for their countdown tiles, but recently realised how useful that can be in PVP too against countdown and special tile creating characters too (eg if Captain America gets one shield throw off, redwing will take it away before Cap can get the next one off)

Matching yellow is a double bonus of increasing Iron Fist & Luke Cage's special tiles, and building up for one massive Cage punch

Purple is never used, as Iron Fists purple is much better anyway.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, he's one of my favorites too - Falcon/Iron Fist/Daken is a fantastic PvE team, as are Falcon/Iron Fist/Blade. If it's a pin that's more difficult than trivial, I'll often boost +2 B/P, as that means Redwing is online with a single blue match.

I wish his purple was a better skill - I was tossing around some ideas the other day on how to improve it to better complement Redwing.
      Bird of Prey - Purple 6 purpletile.png
      Falcon flies swiftly to protect his team, rallying Redwing and supporting his allies. If a friendly Redwing countdown tile doesn't exist, convert a random basic tile to a protect tile of strength 38. If a friendly Redwing countdown exists, convert it to a strike tile of strength 48.
        Level 2: Strength 70 strike, strength 48 protect. Level 3: Strength 100 strike, strength 77 protect. Level 4: Strength 130 strike, strength 99 protect. Level 5: Strength 188 strike, strength 110 protect.
      Max Level: Strength 490 strike, strength 310 protect.
    • iron-n-wine
      iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
      Ah good idea, PM - I didn't think of boosting blue/pink to only need one Blue match for Redwing!
    • d3guser
      d3guser Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
      Can someone post his respeced updates?
    • Rick_OShay
      Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
      Brigby wrote:
      Sam Wilson (Falcon) Update: *New Update*
      Level 249 is the level of a Max Level 3-Star character that has the Weekly Character Powered-Up level boost.

Inspiration
      (Unchanged)

Redwing
      The only change to Redwing is that it can no longer target other player’s Redwing Countdown tiles.

Bird Strike
      The cost of this power has been reduced by three. The power now creates fewer Protect tiles and deals damage to the enemy team.
      FalconBirdStrikeRework.pngOld%20Bird%20Strike.jpg

Can't wait!!