Terrors in the Shadows

Alve
Alve Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
edited November 2018 in Event Details
PvP, against decks created by players (including non-event decks)
Once chosen, planeswalkers are locked to nodes for the rest of the event.
Rewards: progression, individual ranking
Limited number of attempts:
Number of nodes: 3 ( manablackpng | managreenpng | manawhitepng )
Initial Charges per Node: 3
Max Charges per Node: 5
Node Recharge Time: 8 Hours

Secondaries:

manablackpngBlack Node:
- Primary objective: Win the fight (4 ribbons)
- Secondary Objective: Win the fight and summon 2 Vampires or Horrors (2 ribbons)
- Secondary Objective: Win the fight with 80 or more HP remaining (1 ribbon)

managreenpngGreen Node:
- Secondary Objective: Win the fight and summon 2 Wolves or Werewolves (2 ribbons)
- Secondary Objective: Lose 2 or less creatures during a single fight (1 ribbon)

manawhitepngWhite Node:
- Secondary Objective: Win the fight and summon 2 Spirits or Zombies (2 ribbons)
- Secondary Objective: Kill 2 or less enemy creatures during a single fight (1 ribbon)

Post your strategies for this event below!

Comments

• T33CH
    T33CH Posts: 2
    Oath of Liliana isn't counting towards the summon two zombies ribbon for the white node. It used to, but now for the last two events it has not? Is this how it is supposed to be?

Steve
  • AettThorn
    AettThorn Posts: 125
    T33CH wrote:
    Oath of Liliana isn't counting towards the summon two zombies ribbon for the white node. It used to, but now for the last two events it has not? Is this how it is supposed to be?

Steve

A recent update stopped counting any token creature (which those zombies are) towards objectives. Still no word if it's a bug or intended.
  • Alve
    Since the last update only hard-casting creatures (filling the cards with mana and casting them normally from your hand) counts towards objectives. Creatures summoned with spells (like Deploy the Gatewatch, Dubious Challenge, Not Forgotten etc.), supports (like Call the Bloodline, Oath of Liliana, From Beyond), other creatures (Architect of the Untamed, Blight Herder and such) and planeswalker skills (for example Garruk's skills, Sarkhan's second, Saheeli's first, transformed Arlinn's second) do not count towards 'summon less/more than X' objectives. Neither do creatures brought from the graveyard by any means (spells, skills, other creatures' effects, their own graveyard effect).

The same goes for supports.

This is most likely a side-effect of fixing an issue with certain spells cast by the AI causing players to fail 'summon less than' objectives (spells like Dubious Challenge, Turn to Frog, Imprisoned in the Moon, Turn Against).
  • Ironwolf
    Ironwolf Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    The AI seems to have been given a major buff on this event. Holy f'ing cascades, batman! And, I've watched the AI....carefully watched...make multiple matches with no mana generators (color changers on supports or creatures) or landfalls. Each time the AI gets a turn, it consistently has been gaining about 18+ mana, with a guaranteed card or two, even if the card cost is high (like a Decimator and Olivia cast on the same turn). It's insane!

Not that I'm really after the sh*tty KLD card pack either with 0.000000000000001% chance of a useable rare or mythic, it is just really annoying. I consistently had got 45-50 points on the first three given attempts on event generation, but this time...21.

The newest offer for 5 packs for 300 with rare or better? They failed to mention they are packs of 3, not 5 cards. I was less than pleased.

Oh, and drop rates are really bad again.

/rant off
  • ogden71
    ogden71 Posts: 21
    Ironwolf,

If you look underreally the 1x pack, it has 3 cards printed there
  • Irgy
    Irgy Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Hi

I came here from another thread that was locked claiming that the topic of the changed requirements for secondary objectives had been "discussed to death", and linking here, only to find no discussion here whatsoever. Firstly, could you please link to the actual discussion?

Secondly, I would really like to know the following:
    * Was this change in behaviour intentional or not?
    * If so why was it not announced? If not, will it be fixed in the next patch?
    * Currently, can I absolutely rely on this behaviour or is it inconsistent?
    * Is it considered an exploit to account for this by using, for example, creature-summoning spells, to work around "summon X or less creautres" objectives?

Thirdly, why is this extremely significant change on multiple events only documented in the middle of a thread about just one of those events? How is the average person supposed to know about this other than getting stuffed up by it? I doubt there are many people unaffected by it so why is it hidden away?
  • Alve
    Irgy wrote:
    Hi

I came here from another thread that was locked claiming that the topic of the changed requirements for secondary objectives had been "discussed to death", and linking here, only to find no discussion here whatsoever. Firstly, could you please link to the actual discussion?

Secondly, I would really like to know the following:
    * Was this change in behaviour intentional or not?
    * If so why was it not announced? If not, will it be fixed in the next patch?
    * Currently, can I absolutely rely on this behaviour or is it inconsistent?
    * Is it considered an exploit to account for this by using, for example, creature-summoning spells, to work around "summon X or less creautres" objectives?

Thirdly, why is this extremely significant change on multiple events only documented in the middle of a thread about just one of those events? How is the average person supposed to know about this other than getting stuffed up by it? I doubt there are many people unaffected by it so why is it hidden away?

For the description of this behavior, look a few posts up, I explained it, I believe, quite clearly.

The issue has been 'discussed to death' in this thread: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=57524. When locking the thread that you're probably thinking about, I linked to a specific post which explains the change and what I assume to be the cause behind it.

This information has not been 'hidden away'. When the change occured, it was discussed widely. Since then, most players got used to it and so it's no longer one of the most active topics. Unfortunately, currently the Bugs and Technical Issues subforum is the main source of knowledge about existing bugs, both serious and minor ones. We do not have a full directory of reported issues available to players (devs have one, but it's for their use only). If you'd like to be up-to-date with recent changes, also the unintended ones, being active in the forums can help.

Perhaps the dev team should consider finding a better way of alerting the community about new bugs, but it's not something I can help you with. I have no information regarding any planned fixes, as soon as a fix is confirmed, it will be announced in pre-release or release notes for an update in which it'll be included.
  • Irgy
    Irgy Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Alve wrote:
    For the description of this behavior, look a few posts up, I explained it, I believe, quite clearly.

The issue has been 'discussed to death' in this thread: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=57524. When locking the thread that you're probably thinking about, I linked to a specific post which explains the change and what I assume to be the cause behind it.

This information has not been 'hidden away'. When the change occured, it was discussed widely. Since then, most players got used to it and so it's no longer one of the most active topics. Unfortunately, currently the Bugs and Technical Issues subforum is the main source of knowledge about existing bugs, both serious and minor ones. We do not have a full directory of reported issues available to players (devs have one, but it's for their use only). If you'd like to be up-to-date with recent changes, also the unintended ones, being active in the forums can help.

Perhaps the dev team should consider finding a better way of alerting the community about new bugs, but it's not something I can help you with. I have no information regarding any planned fixes, as soon as a fix is confirmed, it will be announced in pre-release or release notes for an update in which it'll be included.

Hi, thanks.

I had read your description, it said roughly what I'd already worked out for myself. What it didn't do was answer any of the questions I listed. Thanks also for the link to the discussion, I'd read that previously as well but didn't know where to find it now. I am active in the forums but I've been away for a little bit.

I've been aware of the situation for a good while. My point above was that I came to the forums to see what was happening with it now, what the conclusion of the discussions was, whether the devs had acknowledged it at all, whether it was even actually a bug. From the description and the link I still don't know with any confidence.

I'm now absolutely flabbergasted to see that 1.10 is released and there's no mention of this issue whatsoever in the release notes. I honestly have no idea what to expect the first time I play a secondary objective. It probably still won't count summons but I wouldn't want to rely on it.

I just want to make it clear that there's a big difference between this and your typical bug (e.g. the one I just posted about Kessig Forgemaster damaging herself). This bug affects any event node with a secondary objective that says "summon X or more/less creatures/supports", which is over half of them. And the impact is that more than half the decks built for those nodes are ineffeiciently built at best and completely ineffective at worst. I'm fine with the current system for most bugs, but something this big should be visible. When you consider the importance of secondary objectives to the top rankings, this is the single biggest change to how the game works since it was released. It should be stickied. You should find it even without looking for it, not fail to find detailed information even when you know what you're looking for. There shouldn't be no-one at all even actually capable of answering the questions I asked.

And just to be clear, this isn't directed at you Alve, this is for the devs. You clearly don't know the answers any more than I do and that's not your fault.
  • Eligius
    Eligius Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I'm pretty sure I should've gotten that last ribbon...

Fu7wpa3.jpg
  • Yup, that is broken for me as well. 119 life left, still didn't get the last ribbon.
  • Did not lose one point of life and did not get the last ribbon as well
  • ogden71 wrote:
    Did not lose one point of life and did not get the last ribbon as well

And obviously it is not affecting everyone, as there are three people in my bracket that have perfect scores.
  • Jaff
    Jaff Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Hi,
    - Secondary Objective: Win the fight and summon 2 Vampires or Horrors (2 ribbons)

Tokens generated is not counting to the objective, why?
    - Secondary Objective: Win the fight with 80 or more HP remaining (1 ribbon)
    I did 83/80 with my Ob Nixilis and does not count. Will I get the ribbon?
  • Jaff wrote:
    Hi,

Tokens generated is not counting to the objective, why?

Tokens no longer count towards any objective that would use them. This has some advantages in places for instance, Garruk's PW abilities don't count against the number of creatures you can summon), but disadvantageous in others (such as summoning vampire tokens not counting towards the objective). It's been this way for the past month or so.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    ogden71 wrote:
    Did not lose one point of life and did not get the last ribbon as well

I'm going to guess that while it says 80 or MORE, someone forgot to uncode for the previous Nodes of Power which wanted LESS than X hps.

So, what will the devs do with this bug in the game? Just leave it or fix and help us out? Can't wait to see..
  • Magog
    Magog Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Personally I think it's the devs trying to fix the bug where you could gain life after a battle and hence fail an "less than XX hp" objective, and they just stuffed up this objective, collateral damage if you will.

The alternative is that they really do need to recode every event manually, like you describe, instead of loading it from a library. If that's the case, then... well! icon_eek.gif
  • Ironwolf
    Ironwolf Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Devs,

Should we each be putting in support tickets in for this with screenshots or will there be an announcement?
  • Mizzlets
    Mizzlets Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Also any reason why the Ob secondary isn't working?
  • Fedaykin
    Fedaykin Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    This is about Terrors In The Shadows

I just finished a battle using Ob Nixilis, in which I won the battle without taking any hit points. When the game determined the results of the battle, I suddenly had 66 hit points and did not receive the third ribbon of having 80 or more hit points remaining. This is very unfair, and will affect my total points and therefore my ranking in the tournament. This game glitch has been happening quite often to me, but usually it doesn't affect my tournament score as it has this time. Please fix this bug as it is really starting to bug me.   ;-)
  • Fedaykin
    Fedaykin Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    The very next battle I played (using Ob Nixilis) did the exact same thing again. After the battle ended, the game decided to put 47 hit points of damage on my walker. Some battles I have played, my walker gets anywhere from a few points damage to 40 or more points of damage AFTER THE BATTLE HAS ENDED,,,,,, PLEASE FIX......