Civil War Returns! - 2017 Event Details *Updated

1235»

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    PeeOne wrote:
    This is on the event but not about rewards....

Is it just me or did the difficulty level jump in a huge way???

My alliance is nearing the end of round 5 and the node difficulty on the current 8 hour clock over jumped from 89 to 240 on the non wave nodes and to 140 on the waves...

I don't remember such a big jump in the past please correct me if I'm wrong

The level usually jumps a hundred or more after 24 hours, then just ramps up every 8 hours. I've not noticed it being significantly worse this time round.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    I guess I missed boss unlocks at round clears early on (only had two or so that I noticed so far), but overall seems to be a smooth event. It's tougher than I thought it would be (team cap, three quarters into round 7). Hopefully I will soon get a shot at team IM also, with faster/better boosted characters.
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    The idea of tying scaling to time rather than round is one of the most brain dead ideas ever. Especially since its only possible to play half the nodes in one time period.
  • The idea of tying scaling to time rather than round is one of the most brain dead ideas ever. Especially since its only possible to play half the nodes in one time period.

^^ THIS ^^

Agreed 100%!!!
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    PeeOne wrote:
    This is on the event but not about rewards....

Is it just me or did the difficulty level jump in a huge way???

My alliance is nearing the end of round 5 and the node difficulty on the current 8 hour clock over jumped from 89 to 240 on the non wave nodes and to 140 on the waves...

I don't remember such a big jump in the past please correct me if I'm wrong

The level usually jumps a hundred or more after 24 hours, then just ramps up every 8 hours. I've not noticed it being significantly worse this time round.

Same here, except in the individual nodes. Today their difficulty level feels to be on par with the last day level of difficulty, and we still have a day to go. The boss difficulty, however, actually seems slightly easier.
  • mega ghost
    I posted this in the R119 release topic, and then made a topic in the Bugs forum, but just a heads up here since this will affect your node matches in Civil War when Star-Lord appears as an enemy: Star-Lord's 'Everyone With Me' countdown is now bugged and adds a 2 AP cost to enemy abilities of certain colors (depending on how many covers he has). So plan accordingly, maybe bring some good black abilities to the match since his ability doesn't affect those.
    mega ghost wrote:
    I posted this in the release thread but wanted to post here as well:

I don't know if this was caused by the R119.1 or if it existed since R119 or earlier, but Star-Lord now has a bug in his 'Everyone With Me' ability. In addition to reducing the cost of certain friendly powers by 2 (based on color, cover level, etc.), he also now ADDS a cost of 2 to enemy powers (possibly also based on color?) I was playing against him in a Civil War event node and had Jean Grey (All-New X-Men) on my team. I had her green ability, 'Full of Surprises' full and ready to fire. When Star-Lord's 'Everyone With Me' countdown appeared on the board, the 'Full of Surprises' AP bar was suddenly no longer full. I thought I must have imagined it until I saw the same thing happen a couple of turns later. I checked out the power and sure enough, the cost had increased to 14.

I decided to test this outside of the Civil War event just to see if maybe it was an unannounced buff to an enemy ability. I used Star-Lord in the DDQ 'The Big Enchilada' node. The first wave featured two Brawlers and Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men) ... Brawlers have a green and blue ability that cost 6 AP each. Cyclops is Red, Yellow Black, costing 10 AP, 7 AP, and 13 AP in that order. Once my 'Everyone With Me' countdown dropped, I checked their ability screens again. Sure enough, the Brawlers' abilities now cost 8 AP and Cyclops' abilities jumped to 12 AP, 9 AP, and 13 AP. 'Full Blast,' the black ability, remained unchanged because Star-Lord doesn't affect black ability costs.

I have some screenshots, if necessary, but you should have no problem replicating it. I'm on iOS, if that has any impact.

D3, if you'd like to compensate me for my time doing your QA, I will happily take a legendary token. Thanks!
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Been playing on my gf's phone during my resets (and she's all but done with game having stalled during the 3-4 phase and lost interest) and I really really feel sorry for underdeveloped rosters during these events. I've all but given up on hers because everything is just too brutal and too health pack/boost intensive. I mean, even as a 4 star player, I'm starting to eat up about 6 hps per session overall, but it is 3 every single node with her account.

With a day and a half left no event should leave the vast majority of the player base out in the cold. That's just terrible game design.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I agree. Most nodes now have at least one 4* with 15-20k health. Even boosted, 3*s just don't hit that hard; their best raw damage abilities top out at around 5k, with Cyclops or Mystique pushing up to 9k with the right conditions. That's at least two uses of their best (and usually highly costed) abilities just to down one enemy, while the 4*s are beating them down with match damage and periodically nuking them for 15k (lookin' at you Miles).

Cap or IM are easy enough to beat for a 3* roster at most levels - Cap's a bit easier as you don't have to worry about IM's drones intercepting attacks all the time. But if 3* rosters can't get to them, then it's moot anyway.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    It's so fun! On the current refresh, my side nodes are level 430 including waves, which means enemy rhulk has like 60k health, shulk has 56k and the spy has 34k and does 6k+ aoe for every countdown you can't clear... and that's just the first wave. Really... fun. I'm loving the trivial little intermissions where I am fighting just Boss IM46. icon_e_confused.gif

And now it's up to level 444... dare I stick around and see the next 2 refreshes.

New refresh - up to level 452.

Final refresh: 459.
  • mega ghost
    Seriously, most of my alliance has given up so there's really only about three of us left seriously playing on Round 6. The nodes featuring two waves of Level 306 characters at 17K to ~22K health characters are excruciating. The Boss node is absolutely a breather between the side nodes.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    mega ghost wrote:
    Seriously, most of my alliance has given up so there's really only about three of us left seriously playing on Round 6. The nodes featuring two waves of Level 306 characters at 17K to ~22K health characters are excruciating. The Boss node is absolutely a breather between the side nodes.

I've given up on the wave nodes, which leaves me with 3 side missions I can (barely) beat so I am down to 4 boss battles at a time. We finished round 7 for IM yesterday, just trying to get what we can on Cap today.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    The wave nodes have been brutal. I just used SS Mohawk KK winfinite vs the Storm essential (team IM in penultimate refresh), everything had 50-60k hp.... and it took me 25 minutes to win, but I won with only KK taking any damage, and you know health packs are a super drain in this event. These final nodes are almost as bad as boss rush.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    After less than a day, the wave nodes were more deadly than the boss mission.
    For me, it was a very poor choice to take vacation in the real work. When I came back, I discovered that I won't be able to participate fully with you alliance to that event. Just great... icon_evil.gif

The question I want to ask to devs: Is the boss a side kick ?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Alliance Went into this full of confidence - last time we finished both round 7s, the second in the waning hours of the event, so surely we should be able to do Another round 7 finish this time. All Went well for the first day and a half (not quite optimal clearing, but not far from it), but once we finished Team Iron Man round 7 things started to falter. I don't know if it was the scaling on the sub-missions or just a lack of interest in Spider-Woman covers, or just the weekend keeping people busy. We did try splitting up so some of us continued on Team Iron Man round 8, but last night we realized we were far behind on the Team Cap goals. Everyone focused on Team Cap, and we managed to finish round 6 just as the event was about to Close.
    So... not quite as good as I thought it would go, but decent enough. My Spider-Woman is now 4/3/5, so with the progression cover from The Hunt I'll be able to bring her up to 270.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    As stated before, my alliance decided to go for round 7 on both paths, but since we ended at the start of the last third refresh, we tried to clear round8 on Team IM and succeded in the last few hours, despite the brutal scaling on the nodes, especially the wave ones icon_e_wink.gif
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    My biggest bug bear with boss events is that the final refresh is only 4 hours. Seeing how that's 01:00 - 05:00 UK time, this time round that meant I missed out on a chance at max progression on Team Cap side.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    CT1888 wrote:
    My biggest bug bear with box events is that the final refresh is only 4 hours. Seeing how that's 01:00 - 05:00 UK time, this time round that meant I missed out on a chance at max progression on Team Cap side.
    Yeah, I am on CET, so for me it's 2AM to 6AM. This time I set the alarm for 5 AM, did the final playthrough in about half an hour, and then got about an hour more of sleep. We did manage to eke out a Purple Spider-Woman from it, so I guess it was Worth it. I'd like it a lot more if they added Another 12 hours to the event Schedule so they could put in two more full refreshes and drop the half refresh.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    The timing of the boss event is not really working for me so I am happy with what our alliance did (and it's a mixture of 5* players, 4* veterans and some rookies). We did Team IM all 8 rounds (with heavy hitters getting max progression) and Round 5 of team Cap (for 1 cover). We were probably hoping for one more round but the brutality of the Nodes was just to much. I will not bleed out for an extra Squirrle Girl cover from progression and the extra SpiderW.

And there is the issue with the timing - the refresh happens at 2 am for me and the next one at 10 so when I am at work. I will not lose 2 hours of sleep just to get some points in this game (and unfortunately I did that in the past - no more).

Still - give us such an event once a month (or every other month) as they are still more fun than the regular PvE. Even if they produce less ISO and HP the other rewards compensate for that in my opinion (3+ 4* covers, some Legenary tokens to compensate for the lower number of CP).
  • MPQBullsaye
    MPQBullsaye Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    I was pleasantly surprised this time around. It seemed like the scaling was in line with the duration of the event. The further you went the harder it got, but not quite as bad as the last time.

Well done.