Cannot train, says "At level cap" when only at level 3!

After the update (on Oct 24) my Ironman's blue ability was at level 3, I then won a new blue cover for him but when trying to train him it says "You've reached this characters total level cap for powers. You can train them no further.". But clearly I should be able to train his blue ability to level 5. Please fix this bug ASAP.

Comments

• previously, you could only level a total of 50 levels of a card's power, as in 20 yellow, 20 red, and 10 blue.

you probably have yellow and red maxed out so you can't train blue anymore. this was stated in a tutorial (i believe) and therefore isn't a bug. its to create the ability to choose what powers you want to max or a random mix of powers instead of just maxing all 3 to max.
  • forgrim wrote:
    previously, you could only level a total of 50 levels of a card's power, as in 20 yellow, 20 red, and 10 blue.

you probably have yellow and red maxed out so you can't train blue anymore. this was stated in a tutorial (i believe) and therefore isn't a bug. its to create the ability to choose what powers you want to max or a random mix of powers instead of just maxing all 3 to max.

Yeah forgrim has it correct, I believe. My Iron Man is the same and while it still shows the "train" button for his blue power, it is grayed out and can't be selected because my red & yellow powers are both level 5 now. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Thanks for the reply but where is this explained exactly? It's certainly not intuitive. There is a train button for that ability & the ability has two free slots left. Nowhere that I can see does it say I'm only allowed only 13 ability levels for that character. Hence I still feel like this is a bug.
  • In the news and annoucements section of this forum.

"- Abilities have been streamlined down to 5 levels from 20. This makes each ability level gain much more powerful, so that gaining a new Comic Cover is more meaningful. This also enables 2+ star characters to be leveled up much more easily.
    o Ability balance itself has not changed. The gains that would be made on levels 2-5 on an ability for example have been rolled into the level 2 upgrade.
    o Current abilities have been converted to the new system on a sliding scale, rounded up. This makes it so that players will never lose progress due to this switch over, only gain power.
     Current Ability Level / New Ability level
    • Level 1 -> Level 1
    • Level 2-5 -> Level 2
    • Level 6-10 -> Level 3
    • Level 11-15 -> Level 4
    • Level 16-20 -> Level 5
    o As a direct result of each cover being far more valuable than before, we have rebalanced the number of covers available from each mission. In their place, alternate rewards are now available.
    o All 3 abilities for any hero may total up to 13 maximum."
  • Ah thank you very much.

Though this is going to be unclear to anyone playing the game who doesnt also visit the forum, i.e. 99%+ of gamers I'm guessing. Some better indicator that the order of when you level up covers will effect what your characters maxed abilities will be. Or/and even better would be the option to reassign covers so I can remove some yellow covers and add some blue for example.

cheers