Is Mr. F Going to Be Good Any Time Soon?

Options
Leugenesmiff
Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion
Any word on any planned changes to Mr. Fantastic. I've been lucky enough to snag 9 of his covers so far, yay me, and it'd be cool to be able to pair him with IW and Thing and not look like the guy who's never played MPQ before that 2* user salivate over when they pop up for 75 points in PVP.
I realize that having a guy named Mr. Fantastic suck so bad is comedy genius, and perhaps that was what you were going for all along, but I think the joke has had its run. It's time to put the Mr. back in the Fantastic! Or whatever. Just make him good already.
Thanks!

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Non-officially, he's being reworked and it should happen at some point.

Wether he will be good or not, noone knows.
  • MyNameIsRed
    Options
    ...Just make him good already.

This.

I have him championed and still only just won the deadpool daily thing...
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My Mr. F owned Dr. Doom and he's only 2/5/5. I've commented in another thread about issues with him. He kind of changed my mind when I paired with Prof X + strong red offensive (I was running out of choice after a few brutal rounds), even though it turned into a long haul game I realised that he is like R&G in over drive when paired with the right team. He does need some re-working but having someone throw out special tiles like cheap candy turned him into a relentless beast. If that black was reworked then he would be a lot more formidable.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Honestly, I'm fairly optimistic. Let's look at their track record lately:

Invisible Woman - went from useless, to meh, to actually fairly decent if a bit of a niche character.
    TA Hulk - Went from probably the worst character in the game to a middle-of-the-road niche character. I see him all the time in PVP, even when he's not boosted - he's the cog in a number of good combos.
    Star Lord - Went from awful to one of the best anti-goon characters in the game, if not the best.
    Miles Morales - A distinct lateral move - made his purple more difficult but does more damage, made his yellow a better AP Generator. Miles didn't need a buff, though, he was already a solid mid-tier character. I'd argue upper mid-tier, though the survey doesn't agree with me. What's important is they didn't break him.
    5* Cap - went from the worst 5* to... I'm honestly not sure, but he may be top tier. Definitely a hell of a lot better.

They've been a bit more liberal with passives, lately. Alternatively, the "fortified tile" mechanic didn't exist when he was introduced to the game. On the other, other hand, they may make him the first 4* with a "not matchable" tile mechanic, but I find that unlikely. Any of these, along with a damage boost in the active case, can fix his black. His blue just needs tweaking, and his yellow could use improvement, but can stay the same if they improve his other colors.

What I'm saying is a) they've been doing pretty darn well lately, and b) they have options.
  • Stashasaurus
    Options
    Three things I'd like to see on Mr. F:

1) A new 'technology' tile: there are a lot of 'scientists' in the Marvel universe, and it would be cool to have a tile that when matched in 3,4 or 5, gave you increasingly stronger special 'choosable' abilities.

It would be also cool if this special ability, when paired with other scientist types gave you other unique pairing combos (think BP/Mr. F combos or Banner/Mr. F/ IM teams)

2) While we are on combos, it would be cool if, when paired with other FF teammates, if they did a special combo a la Fury or 5* Cap.

3) Reed isn't a healer. He is oftenthe one getting the most **** kicked out of him on the team, and it's usually his fault. I would like to see a high risk/reward type skill that captures this from his lore (think kate bishop power, but more significant)
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think his genius should be evident. Thematically I think a Power that takes a while to develop but once it does is super powerful would fit. Maybe a passive: If one doesn't exist at the start of your turn places any non corner basic tile to become a 10 turn countdown tile that when it goes off downs a random opponent, stuns another one, and places one strength X strike, attack, and protect tile on the board.
    His stretching could be super cheap board manipulation that you can use to hopefully get the countdown tile to a better position if it's in a bad one.
    I like the idea of him giving some sort of FF chemistry. I think a better one, again thematically using his genius, would be a percentage increase depending on number of covers of the strength of other FF members powers that do damage or make tiles. For example, with one cover increase the damage of FF teammates powers by 10%. With two covers add increase the power of special tiles made by FF teammates by 10%. Then go up from there.

There you go, D3 guys. There's your finally fantastic Mr. Fantastic.
    You're welcome.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think his genius should be evident. Thematically I think a Power that takes a while to develop but once it does is super powerful would fit. Maybe a passive: If one doesn't exist at the start of your turn places any non corner basic tile to become a 10 turn countdown tile that when it goes off downs a random opponent, stuns another one, and places one strength X strike, attack, and protect tile on the board.
    His stretching could be super cheap board manipulation that you can use to hopefully get the countdown tile to a better position if it's in a bad one.
    I like the idea of him giving some sort of FF chemistry. I think a better one, again thematically using his genius, would be a percentage increase depending on number of covers of the strength of other FF members powers that do damage or make tiles. For example, with one cover increase the damage of FF teammates powers by 10%. With two covers add increase the power of special tiles made by FF teammates by 10%. Then go up from there.

There you go, D3 guys. There's your finally fantastic Mr. Fantastic.
    You're welcome.

I like the general idea, but instantly downs a random opponent is probably too far out of the realm of likelihood, not when we have 4* carol who can reduce a countdown to 0 for 5ap.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would expect Mr. F to get reworked soon. Perhaps as early as next week.

Whether he will be good post rework is an entirely different question. Making small tweaks to his blue or yellow will NOT fix him. His black is the problem. Give him some real offense of he will continue to be a waste of MPQ roster space. . .