Civil War Returns! - 2017 Event Details *Updated

Comments

• joaoleal
    joaoleal Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    There's always someone complaining about everything. I just want to say that 3 rhulks is frikin amazing!
  • i must be the only one that wants the three spiderwoman covers. and i really hope shes progression in the next event. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    joaoleal wrote:
    There's always someone complaining about everything. I just want to say that 3 rhulks is frikin amazing!

I'm not a fan of the 3 rhulks only because mine is already done and I don't want you peasants catching up to me. icon_razz.gif
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    seriously, fairly underwhelming

2,520 iso8.png
    50 imcoin.png
    1 token_standard.png
    1 healthpack.png
    1 icon_ms_marvel.pngblackflag.png
    1 icon_shehulk.pngblueflag.png
    1 icon_shehulk.pnggreenflag.png
    1 token_event.png Team IM/CAP
    1 token_legendary.png Black Panther

the last two are the only valuable rewards. in a normal PVE, you'd get a 4* cover and 25 CP, which is roughly equivalent. the alliance progression rewards will obviously make the event worthwhile, and better than a normal PVE.

I had that thought as well. It would be nice if SCL was involved so 7 & 8 would get 2 3* and a 4th of the 4*.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I guess I'll go with Team Stark, and hope my alliance can help me get all three covers. Not that the first one matters, since my Red Hulk is at 2/0/5. I guess it's 1000 ISO though? We'll see what my alliance wants to do, if they care one way or another.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    175 cp wonder if it be worth cashing in for the 10%

i think i cashed in 100 or so last time and never got a single cover
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Is there a list of which other non-powered-up characters are possible to play?

I'm new to Civil War and not sure which team I should choose or if I have even good enough characters to make a team.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    thanos8587 wrote:
    i must be the only one that wants the three spiderwoman covers. and i really hope shes progression in the next event. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    I think she will be. She's due.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Teskal wrote:
    Is there a list of which other non-powered-up characters are possible to play?

I'm new to Civil War and not sure which team I should choose or if I have even good enough characters to make a team.

Nobody will be locked out at this point I don't think. It's just who's boosted, who's not.
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster wrote:
    Magic wrote:
    Correct me if I am wrong but I thing the 5* moves into latest when it's store expires. So probably couple of days after the event.
    I'll let Brigby correct you:
    Brigby wrote:
    Legendary Store
      Starting with Black Panther (Civil War), there will be a two week delay before new 5-Stars are added to Latest Legends packs after their release event.
    Since it says "after the release event", my interpretation is that it will be two weeks after the end of Civil War IV, not two weeks from the start. February 20th instead of February 15th.

I am quite excited about this change. An off-the-cuff calculations says this means I'll have enough for around 250 Latest pulls around the time that Thanos will be moving out of Latest Legends, so I hope that will be enough to get him, Panther and the third fivestar decently covered then.

When Panther gets added to the Latest Legends packs, shouldn't it be Black Widow that gets taken out?
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Phaentom wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Magic wrote:
    Correct me if I am wrong but I thing the 5* moves into latest when it's store expires. So probably couple of days after the event.
    Brigby wrote:
    Legendary Store
      Starting with Black Panther (Civil War), there will be a two week delay before new 5-Stars are added to Latest Legends packs after their release event.
    Since it says "after the release event", my interpretation is that it will be two weeks after the end of Civil War IV, not two weeks from the start. February 20th instead of February 15th.

I am quite excited about this change. An off-the-cuff calculations says this means I'll have enough for around 250 Latest pulls around the time that Thanos will be moving out of Latest Legends, so I hope that will be enough to get him, Panther and the third fivestar decently covered then.

When Panther gets added to the Latest Legends packs, shouldn't it be Black Widow that gets taken out?

I think so, since apparently it goes by which order they were released (i.e. oldest one goes out first). My issue is that I can't remember who came out first of BW or Strange!

Edit: I did some digging, and if I'm reading it right, BW came out in September, while Strange came out in November, so that should mean that BW gets moved to Classics
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    *New Update*
    CivilWarBossMissionPointValues.png

That doesn't look right at all. 289 completions to clear all rounds on a given side. Optimal is 6 clears per refresh, times 20 members is 120. So 3 refresh (~24hrs) is one side done? Two days is all it takes?

Just looking at R8 alliance at 9,700,000 and boss value at 61,213, I have no idea how 81 was achieved. Simple division and I get 159.
  • Quebbster
    Phaentom wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Magic wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Legendary Store

This time, yes. I'm planning for the third fivestar release of 2017 already.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just waiting for the boss node not unlocking for people again. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Especially for all the alliances going for both sides.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Beside Rhulk I am very disappointed by the rewards.
    With my alliance we decided to try a different strategy: we will start with Team icon_ironman.png and clear the first 7 stages (grabbing those icon_redhulk.png covers) then instead to fight for 9.7million hitpoints in order to get a token with 1/10 chance to star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_blackpanther.png
    that much more probably will result into another icon_mrfantastic.png or worse
    we will switch to Team icon_captainamerica.png and clear those 7 stages to get all three SpiderWoman_icon.PNG
  • Quebbster
    WEBGAS wrote:
    Beside Rhulk I am very disappointed by the rewards.
    With my alliance we decided to try a different strategy: we will start with Team icon_ironman.png and clear the first 7 stages (grabbing those icon_redhulk.png covers) then instead to fight for 9.7million hitpoints in order to get a token with 1/10 chance to star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_blackpanther.png
    that much more probably will result into another icon_mrfantastic.png or worse
    we will switch to Team icon_captainamerica.png and clear those 7 stages to get all three SpiderWoman_icon.PNG
    That's what my Alliance is planning to do too. Last time we cleared the second round 7 at the very end of the event, so I know we can do it. We could probably clear one round 8 too, but then we might miss out on round 6 and 7 on the other side and most people in the Alliance has more use for all the fourstar covers. Personally I have more use for the Legendary token, but I accept I am in the minority.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    That's my point Quebbster....
    first run we cleared both paths, second round we cleared 1 path and managed to stage 7 on the second at the very end....
    maybe we could clear one of the 8 stages but I don't know if it is worth our efforts, we will decide after cleared both 7 stages
  • Quebbster
    I did some calculations on how many fights are needed to finish each level if anyone is interested...

Level 1 (70 000 Points, 6121 Points/fight) - 12 fights
    Level 2 (120 000 Points, 9061 Points/fight) - 14 fights
    Level 3 (350 000 Points, 12000 Points/fight) - 30 fights
    Level 4 (880 000 Points, 14939 Points/fight) - 59 fights
    Level 5 (1 800 000 Points, 19289 Points/fight) - 94 fights
    Level 6 (3 000 000 Points, 28402 Points/fight) - 106 fights
    Level 7 (4 800 000 Points, 41868 Points/fight) - 115 fights
    Level 8 (9 700 000 Points, 61213 Points/fight) - 159 fights

This is the number of times the boss needs to be downed and does not include Points from sub-missions.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2017
    Quebbster wrote:
    I did some calculations on how many fights are needed to finish each level if anyone is interested...

This is the number of times the boss needs to be downed and does not include Points from sub-missions.
    I'm afraid your calculation is wrong.
    You have official table in the OP.
    You have to beat level8 81 times. And all 1-8 levels 289 times.

If you want to count how many times level8 has to be beaten:
    (9 700 000 Points - 4 800 000 Points) / 61213 = 80.048

EDIT: Never mind, I haven't notice that the official table is bugged icon_razz.gif
  • Quebbster
    smoq84 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

I'm afraid your calculation is wrong.
    You have official table in the OP.
    You have to beat level8 81 times. And all 1-8 levels 289 times.

If you want to count how many times level8 has to be beaten:
    (9 700 000 Points - 4 800 000 Points) / 61213 = 80.048
    It was pointed out earlier that the official table was based on an incorrect assumption, I was trying to correct this assumption:
    Pongie wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    *New Update*
    CivilWarBossMissionPointValues.png

That doesn't look right at all. 289 completions to clear all rounds on a given side. Optimal is 6 clears per refresh, times 20 members is 120. So 3 refresh (~24hrs) is one side done? Two days is all it takes?

Just looking at R8 alliance at 9,700,000 and boss value at 61,213, I have no idea how 81 was achieved. Simple division and I get 159.

They screwed up the math.

Someone assumed the round totals were cumulative, not per round.

They are per round.

If they weren't, then rd 2 would be only 50K pts .... 20K less than rd 1 icon_lol.gif .... and require only 6 clears. Those early rounds go fast but no that fast.

The points from the side nodes are significant and will help.

Also, a rumor has it that the boss will unlock at the end of each round, giving everyone more shots. If true, awesome, BUT ... I'll believe that when I see it ... esp. since it's normal to reach rd 4 in the first 8 hrs. That'd be a lot of unlocks icon_lol.gif