What's your strategy to hit 1200 points?

Options
mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I'm particularly interested in your strategy if you have my roster or worse (I have a lv 420 OML and a lv 405 PH). Please use the following format.

PVP Team = [Lv 405 OML + Boosted 4*] / [Two Boosted 4*s] / [Lv 420 GG + Lv 390 BB] / etc
Shard = 4
Hop 1) 31 Hours Left, 650 Points, 3-Hour Shield
Hop 2) 28 Hours Left, 2 Battles, 800 Points, 8-Hour Shield
Hop 3) 25 Hours Left, 2 Battles, 950 Points, 24-Hour Shield
[Go To Sleep]
Hop 4) 13 Hours Left, 2 Battles, 1100 Points, 3-Hour Shield
Hop 5) 10 Hours Left, 1 Battle, 1175 Points, 8-Hour Shield
Hop 6) 2 Hours Left, 1 Battle, 1250 Points, 3-Hour Shield
Total HP Spent = 75 + 150 + 300 + 75 + 150 + 75 = 825 HP
Line Coordination = Y / N
I Score 1200+ Every Time = Y / N --> If Y, then how do you have enough HP? Do you purchase?

Let me know! Are there any details you think are missing that I should add to the questionnaire?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are you going to turn this into a monthly feature now?

You were given a ton of advice in your last thread already: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=55532

Nothing has changed since then.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was hitting 1300 reliably when cc were available and then stopped at 900-1000 when they were gone. However the last couple of events, I've been able to hit 1200 again. I'm in s1 and only have a single useable 5*, being 390 oml 4/1/4.

I normally start the event 24-30 hrs out and do my initial climb to 5-600 and float. Come back in the last 12 hrs, hit retals and climb to first shield above 900. Then a hop on an 8hr shield to get within range of 1200. Here, it's simply a matter of breaking at the end or doing another 3hr shield hop to make 1200.

Comparing to you, I'm saving the 3/8/24hr shield from your first 3 hops by floating.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have a better roster than you, and I can't hit progression in s5. My first shield is usually between 600 and 800, and I just can't seem to crack 1000...
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Peej13 wrote:
    I have a better roster than you, and I can't hit progression in s5. My first shield is usually between 600 and 800, and I just can't seem to crack 1000...

I think maybe you're doing it wrong? I also play in s5, and will admit I don't totally understand how PVP works, but I can usually hit 1000 by following a strategy I call the "3/8/3/8 Method". As soon as the event begins, I hit all the seeds and a couple of easy teams and put up a shield at 300. As you know, shields prevent others from taking your points! You cannot go backward when you are shielded. I look for a couple of easy teams and leave them there on those little dot thingies. When my shield is ready to expire, I strike! Some times those teams aren't worth as much as the game says, but some times they're worth even more! Rinse and repeat! If you use this strategy until the end of the event, you will hit 1000 total event points and your alliance will be jealous if you're on the leader board.

Granted, it might cost you over 1000 hp, but so worth it!
  • Peej13
    Options
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:
    Peej13 wrote:

I think maybe you're doing it wrong? I also play in s5, and will admit I don't totally understand how PVP works, but I can usually hit 1000 by following a strategy I call the "3/8/3/8 Method". As soon as the event begins, I hit all the seeds and a couple of easy teams and put up a shield at 300. As you know, shields prevent others from taking your points! You cannot go backward when you are shielded. I look for a couple of easy teams and leave them there on those little dot thingies. When my shield is ready to expire, I strike! Some times those teams aren't worth as much as the game says, but some times they're worth even more! Rinse and repeat! If you use this strategy until the end of the event, you will hit 1000 total event points and your alliance will be jealous if you're on the leader board.

Granted, it might cost you over 1000 hp, but so worth it!

I agree there is a chance I am doing it wrong. I can't really follow your method because I only have about 45 minutes to play every three days (ugh, parents!), so I have tried playing for 45 minutes at the beginning, but then I would lose my shield and get hit from zero by people sniping me! I know they are sniping me because how could they not be if they hit me from zero?

So, that's why I tend to do it at the end. My mom suggested I do it that way because then I have more time to rub her feet when she gets home from work. She has to walk on the streets a lot, so she tends to get bunions.

Anyway, I'm more than happy to give you advice if you want, Mr. mpqr7. Sounds like SmokeyJoe is going to help also. Together, we can crack this puzzle that is PvP!!
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Options
    Family nerfs are real, I totally get that. My "3/8/3/8 Method" won't work for everyone, especially people with lives. But as a shift leader at Burger King, I have the power to step outside when my shield is ready to expire. Not everyone is blessed with this sort of freedom. I get it. But I'm convinced there are other ways to get to 1k+, even in s5 where there seems to be "snipers" everywhere.

I am also here to help.
  • Peej13
    Options
    I think my mom works by the burger king, because she said she was going to "wake up with the King," so I can only assume that's what that means.

Are you saying it might be easier to play in a shard other than 5? I play in 5 because that's the number of punches I can usually take before I pass out. So, I guess you can say it's my lucky number.
  • Peej13
    Options
    burgerking2.jpg
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champion Phoenix + OML... I'm not sure I can hit 1200 in Sharp Dressed later this week. Will be interesting to see how high I can go then!
  • Peej13
    Options
    I'm going to have to report you for cheating if you use OML in the wolverine PvP...
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Peej13 wrote:
    I'm going to have to report you for cheating if you use OML in the wolverine PvP...
    That's the Point, I am out of my Comfort zone when OML is locked out. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Options
    You guys are making this too hard. Patch is a lot like OML--heals every turn, creates little swords that do extra damage, goes by the name "Wolverine". MPQ is basically giving you this character for free this event! All those boosted 2* Daken's I keep seeing aren't gonna stand a chance!
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:
    You guys are making this too hard. Patch is a lot like OML--heals every turn, creates little swords that do extra damage, goes by the name "Wolverine". MPQ is basically giving you this character for free this event! All those boosted 2* Daken's I keep seeing aren't gonna stand a chance!
    I love Patch, but even boosted he has half the HP of my champion OML and his healing rate is only a quarter of OML's. It's a significant downgrade, but I am sure I can manage it.
  • Peej13
    Options
    I think the problem is really that all those snipers in that Universal Soldiers alliance all have OVER LEVEL 300 PATCHES!!! Only Patches O'Hoolihan should be over level 300, for crying out loud!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It turns out the strategy is just to have OML and PHX leveled up to at least 420 each, then do the same strategy I used to do up until last year, when they got rid of ccs. Go figure.