Civil War Returns! - 2017 Event Details *Updated

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, SpiderWoman for Cap and Red Hulk for IM? Wow, this is really disappointing, hoping for Carol and Riri maybe was too much, but It made A LOT of sense to be them the reward after the events of Civil War II. Then if you finish everything two LTs, no 5 cover either. I was expecting Devs to be a little bit more generous. These rewards are not worth of a Boss Event.

Rhulk is top tier, SpiderWoman is mostly worthless, so I will strongly vote for team IM. STRONGLY vote for team IM icon_razz.gif
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I prefer 3 champion levels for RHulk then max covering Spider-Woman (4-4-2). If I add the fact that IM is leading 7 to 1 in number of covers it's a no brainer to vote for him. Switch SW with Captain Marvel and you have another ball game. At least they are consistent as Team Cap rewards are historically always worse (as much as I like Ant-Man)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Red Hulk is 3/3/3. I really hope my alliance goes with team IM, if so I'll in the perfect spot of just 1 cover shy of championing. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • dreamer128tw
    dreamer128tw Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Does anyone know the HP price about Civil War Limited Vault before?1 pack and 40x pack?
    1 Black Panter Limited Token of 40 items seem no too bad.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone know the HP price about Civil War Limited Vault before?1 pack and 40x pack?
    I Think the prize last time was 100 HP for a single pull and 3750 HP for a 40-pack. Do note that this vault does not reset if you empty it out, so if you go for the single pull option the 40-pack won't be available after that. I could be misremembering though.
    If I am right I am definitely planning to empty it out.

Last time I Think the vault had 41 items and everyone got one free token, but I see no mention of free tokens this time.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Copps wrote:
    my spider woman only has 8 covers vs Red Hulk's 11 so i'd prefer team cap, but i'll go with my alliance

Why would you want to take a mid tier char to 11 covers vs taking one of the best in the game to 271.
    Not Ready to Champ a 4 Star and Red Hulk is already 3/5/3 but only level 131
    plus I find him boring with 3 Star MMR only using him on "Team Hulks" (Hulk (Either Cho or Indestructable), She Hulk and Red Hulk)
    Spider Woman fits with a lot of my teams and I don't play PvP much
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    I Think the prize last time was 100 HP for a single pull and 3750 HP for a 40-pack. Do note that this vault does not reset if you empty it out, so if you go for the single pull option the 40-pack won't be available after that. I could be misremembering though.
    If I am right I am definitely planning to empty it out.

Last time I Think the vault had 41 items and everyone got one free token, but I see no mention of free tokens this time.
    The pricing is as I recall and I did well emptying it
    with both Steve and IM40 being Champions now easy 6 levels
  • dreamer128tw
    dreamer128tw Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    OK,thanks for rely.
    seem like Halloween Limited Vault last year,Only once and can't reset?
    40x pack=3750HP is a good price as gift.
  • Markot
    Markot Posts: 84 Match Maker
    How it will be this time with opening boss battle when a round is finished? I'm not sure if it will be the case of last run of CW (not open) or the case of last run of any boss event - Galactus where finished round opened boss battle for all aliance members.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    I suspect my team will decide to go Team Iron Man first again. I myself would prefer that. It would put my Red Hulk to 2/5/6. I would have to spend 120 CP and 66 levels worth of ISO-8, but I have those resources.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Legendary Store
      Starting with Black Panther (Civil War), there will be a two week delay before new 5-Stars are added to Latest Legends packs after their release event.
    so....this kind of implies that future 5* releases will be via an event. can you confirm that Brigby?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Since it says "after the release event", my interpretation is that it will be two weeks after the end of Civil War IV, not two weeks from the start. February 20th instead of February 15th.

I am quite excited about this change. An off-the-cuff calculations says this means I'll have enough for around 250 Latest pulls around the time that Thanos will be moving out of Latest Legends, so I hope that will be enough to get him, Panther and the third fivestar decently covered then.

Could be, but they tend to slot them in on Thursdays, so I give it 60/40. It could even be February 23rd, really, but that seems unlikely. So lets say 50/40/10 for 16th, 20th, 23rd. icon_e_smile.gif

I like the change a lot as well. It gives us around two weeks to make a choice between hoarding and spending, Latest and Classics. It also puts more of a gap between 5* releases, at least this one time, which helps us cover them. All these things give us more ability to make an informed decision and choose what we want to go for.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Dang, this is a bad reward choice. I've already got a champed RHulk, and my spider woman is 3/0/1. But, I know my alliance will vote RHulk since not everyone has him fully covered.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hey Everyone.

In an effort to help Alliances plan out how they want to engage the event, Anthony over at Demiurge has provided me a helpful Boss Mission Point Values chart!
    I've gone ahead and updated the post with this new information.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    While the chart showing boss values by round is greatly appreciated, I'm a little confused by the "total completions required" column. If in round 2, the boss is worth 9061, and the round requires 120,000 points to finish, how does that work out to only 6 completions? I feel like I'm either misinterpreting that chart, or those numbers are completely off.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Sluggo wrote:
    While the chart showing boss values by round is greatly appreciated, I'm a little confused by the "total completions required" column. If in round 2, the boss is worth 9061, and the round requires 120,000 points to finish, how does that work out to only 6 completions? I feel like I'm either misinterpreting that chart, or those numbers are completely off.

Those are cumulative values. Round 1 - 70k, Round 2 - 120k means you need 50k in Round 2 on top of the 70k you already earned in Round 1.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sluggo wrote:

Those are cumulative values. Round 1 - 70k, Round 2 - 120k means you need 50k in Round 2 on top of the 70k you already earned in Round 1.

Since that number lies between 12 & 20, safe bet is a typo and it's supposed to be 16 not 6. Also, the round 2 score should be 210k not 120k.

edit: i'm trying to add it up by round and none of it makes sense so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • The Smoking Ace
    The Smoking Ace Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Anyone else disappointed with the covers for individual progress? I mean I love rewards and the experience but this go round doesn't make me feel very motivated. I mean seriously what's my motivation here?
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    seriously, fairly underwhelming

2,520 iso8.png
    50 imcoin.png
    1 token_standard.png
    1 healthpack.png
    1 icon_ms_marvel.pngblackflag.png
    1 icon_shehulk.pngblueflag.png
    1 icon_shehulk.pnggreenflag.png
    1 token_event.png Team IM/CAP
    1 token_legendary.png Black Panther

the last two are the only valuable rewards. in a normal PVE, you'd get a 4* cover and 25 CP, which is roughly equivalent. the alliance progression rewards will obviously make the event worthwhile, and better than a normal PVE.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    This is pretty typical for boss events, IMO. For the first Civil War, I think the personal rewards were 3*s like SW and BP while the alliance rewards were 4*s of IMHB and Flaptain.

I think the main draw this time around is Rulk. Getting three Rulks in one event is a better payout than most players ever see in PVE.