What 3 characters do you want to resped the most?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Since IceIX stated r48 should be out on Monday 2/24 unless something crazy happens, which 3 characters are you looking forward to respect the most? Not counting any upcoming nerfs.

Mine:
1. Thor
2. 2* Wolvie
3. 3* Patch

Comments

• 1) Grey Suit Black Widow from 3/5/5 to 5/3/5 (pulled one green from a heroic today!)
    2) Marvel Now Magneto from 5/3/5 to 3/5/5 (might use hp to do it since the current pve will be going for a while)
    3) Hulk from 5/5/3 to 5/3/5 (pulled a black from a standard token on Wednesday!)

The Hulk build is the one I'm most unsure of. I love 5 red but I so rarely use him that it seems like the black at max would be worthwhile. I've also considered just making a new build since I do love 5/5/3 in the rare battles when I do use him.
  • 1. Im40 if he doesnt get fixed soon. - mines a 4/3/5 and in current state is prefer 5/5/3
    2. Would have been the punisher. Mines a 5/5/3. 5 red seems to be the big talk but after getting him to lvl 55 and playing a few rounds with him. I have no complaints for my 5/5/3.
    3. Captain America - mine is a 4/4/5. I would prefer a 3/5/5 even though he's kind if a use when forced or highly buffed vs Maggia cover.
  • Thor from 454 to 355 (Green is amazing and is easy to obtain with yellow. red is a joke)
    Storm* from 454 to 553
    Was thinking bout Patch, from 553 to 535, but Red is just too good at lvl5.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Thor from 454 to 355 (Green is amazing and is easy to obtain with yellow. red is a joke)
    Storm* from 454 to 553

I run my patch at a 3/5/5. He's not 1 of my heavily used covers but it seems to work fine when I do use him.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Thor from 454 to 355 (Green is amazing and is easy to obtain with yellow. red is a joke)
    Storm* from 454 to 553

I run my patch at a 3/5/5. He's not 1 of my heavily used covers but it seems to work fine when I do use him.
    Green at lvl5 is twice as good as at lvl3. Also, I don't like to rely on costly abilities (14AP for Red) - there are times I am just unable to trigger them during the match.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Storm* from 454 to 553

Green at lvl5 is twice as good as at lvl3. Also, I don't like to rely on costly abilities (14AP for Red) - there are times I am just unable to trigger them during the match.

yeah but when spidey can't stun lock anymore you are going to be getting hit that much more with all those strike tiles you are giving to the enemy...
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    ...double post...sry
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Svatlas wrote:
    1) Grey Suit Black Widow from 3/5/5 to 5/3/5 (pulled one green from a heroic today!)
    2) Marvel Now Magneto from 5/3/5 to 3/5/5 (might use hp to do it since the current pve will be going for a while)
    3) Hulk from 5/5/3 to 5/3/5 (pulled a black from a standard token on Wednesday!)

The Hulk build is the one I'm most unsure of. I love 5 red but I so rarely use him that it seems like the black at max would be worthwhile. I've also considered just making a new build since I do love 5/5/3 in the rare battles when I do use him.

Hulks best build is: 5/3/5 His red is nice but only for a funny finishing move icon_e_smile.gif If you use his red with 1-10 green you will lose all green for nothing. if you have 10-30 green you will do more damage with thunderclap, because you have a bigger chance to get a lucky casade or you can clean some cd-tiles. You can clean the board 8-18 tiles each turn. Go 5/3/5 icon_e_wink.gifHulks black is his best skill ever icon_e_biggrin.gif vs patch it is so funny. If Patch use his green (5 skill), he is down after 2-3 turns with Anger&Thunderclap
  • sms4002 wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Storm* from 454 to 553

yeah but when spidey can't stun lock anymore you are going to be getting hit that much more with all those strike tiles you are giving to the enemy...
    I have ZERO blue covers for Spider, so I don't use him. The point with green is to know when to use it - either if there are very few purple tiles or when You can match at least 3 of them after going into Berzerker Rage.
  • C storm - 4/5/4 to 5/5/3. Might become somewhat useful in the future post - Spidey era (I can see JJJ dancing in the streets - Spider-Man No More !)

PAtch - 5/4/4 to 5/3/5 - I REEEAALLY like the unbridled, no holds (with a "d") barred destruction, be nice if his healing kept him around longer....

Punishher - 2/1/5 to 3/5/5 . oh wait - I need more covers .....

early on I had built "broken" Thor and "broken" Wolverine - lo and behold my original "broken" builds are now the target builds. go figger.
  • C.Storm from 4/5/4 to 5/5/3
    Thor from 5/4/4 to 3/5/5
    MHawkeye from 3/5/5 to 5/5/3 (depending on his balance though)

To be honest, doubt I'll use any of em as they're all low levels and I have this irrational fear of spending Iso on 2*s now that I'm gaining a decent amount of 3 covers.
  • OBW to 3/5/5

also
    Spiderman to 3/5/5
    Magneto to 5/4/4

pending balancing changes.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1. Thor from 544 to 454 or 355 (depends what exactly red loses if drop).
    2. Wolverine from 535 to 553 (aka the One True Build post-balance).
    3. Ragnorak from 55 to 355 some distant day, whatever the 3rd power might be. icon_lol.gif

I don't actually intend to level either of them any time soon, but also respeccing:
    > Captain America 355 to 553 (doesn't affect his stun, and at least his absurdly priced protect power is actually a game-changer).
    > Moonstone 454 to 355 (may as well improve the stun since almost all PvE foes will be running special tiles anyway = no collapse damage).

Update:
    Seen in the excellently maintained compendium that post-balance Thor loses approx. 20% red damage per dropped cover while green gains only around 10% - but of course that's 10% more vs 3 targets...
    I think I'll choose 355; in damage terms Call the Storm is just way better (basically 4 Mjolnir's Might for less than the cost of 2), while the 5 cover Thunder Strike synergy is awesome.
    Mjolnir's Might has the same tile utility whatever the level, so it still plays it's role if no-one else on the team needs red more.
  • Wolverine** - 5/3/5 ----> 5/5/3
    Thor** - 5/5/3
    > 5/3/5
    Punisher*** - 4/4/5 ----> 3/5/5

I have one cover for both Thor and Wolverine to make it happen. And need one more Green Punisher if I ever get enough points from the ISO tourney.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Storm* from 454 to 553

I'm wondering if I should respec my Patch from 553 to 355. Not sure if that is good idea tho but I think it would be better to nerf green since red is such a strong finisher.
    I will also respec Magneto 2* from 553 to 335. And final respec Modern Storm. Sometimes she still can be usefull and it was my first char to 50 and didnt know about max skills so she is 4-4-5 (want to go 5-4-4).