Options
2»

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    Even post-nerf Harness was incredible.

But then Deploy the Gatewatch and Decimator of the Provinces were printed, and there was a new benchmark for how OP a card had to be to be OP.

Yup.

Harness is still good, but has an inherent fragility that makes it hard to rely on.

One reason Saheeli's third ability nerf was so heartbreaking was because it broke her ability to reinforce Harness and associated supports.
  • Rough Tonality
    Rough Tonality Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My favorite use for Harness, so far, is throwing it in an Arlinn deck, with Nissa's Renewal and Seasons Past. Really fills out her loyalty to buff werewolves, and sometimes brings out extras with SP. Also fun if you use Hydra and Undergrowth Champion.

As for the "second best," I'm really up in the air on that. I would have said Saheeli in a heartbeat, prior to her changes. I do use Arlinn a lot, makes for some really fun decks. And Dovin has really grown on me. Especially since a recent event(early to mid January), he really suited one of the bonus objectives. I wanted to say it was "kill X or less creatures," based on the supports I used, but it must have been a life-loss or creature-loss, because of my creatures. But I digress. I ran Claustrophobia, Suppression Bonds, and Starfield. Probably Silverstrike, too. (My memory is weird/horrible, if you hadn't already figured that out. Lol) My (main) creatures were Avacyn, Goma Fada, and Odric, with Startled Thrown in(for obvious reasons). Had that Awaken spell that disabled all creatures for one round. Can't remember the rest, but the deck is fun. More effective than I expected, going in, as I was just hoping for a miracle to beat a bonus objective. The biggest problem with it is, if you fulfill Avacyn's mana costs with Startled, or have it out already, Avacyn has a nasty tendency to bump it to the front of the line when she gives reach to all creatures. I found that out the hard way. I cast her and was expecting to kill off a bunch of nasty creatures, but instead just blocked them with a 1/1.

tl;dr: I'd have voted for Saheeli, pre-changes. I rely a lot on Arlinn, she's a powerhouse and makes for fun decks. Dovin has really grown on me, once I gave up on making an energize-specific deck.

Merged two posts. Please, avoid multi-posting. Thanks! // Alve