*****Hank Pym (Scientist Supreme)*****

Options
JeffCascadian
JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
edited January 2017 in Speculation and Concepts
Many Costumes (passive purpleflag.png ) Henry Pym has been many heroes over the years. At the start of a battle, this power becomes one of these random powers: as Ant-Man, Pym creates a Defense tile whenever you make a Yellow match; as Giant-Man, Pym creates an Attack tile whenever you make a Black match; as Goliath, Pym does AOE damage when making a Green match; as Yellowjacket, Pym does direct damage to the opposing character with the lowest health when making a Red match; as Scientific Adventurer, Pym reinforces a friendly special tile when making a Blue match; as Wasp, Pym makes a Strike tile when making a purple match.

Scientific Genius (13 blueflag.png ) Henry Pym puts his brain to work to reduce the effectiveness of his enemies and aid his allies. Reduces the value of enemy special tiles by 50% (minimum 1) and strengthens friendly tiles by 50%.

Multiple Doctorates (9 yellowflag.png ) Henry Pym's studies cover a variety of disciplines. Heals all friendly characters 25% of the damage they've taken. If a teammate is an Avenger, heal them 35% instead.

Comments

• ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like the basics. Blue is overpriced and I'm curious as to how Yellow scales with multiple covers.

The Moon Knight-style ego change puts a lot of rules responsibility on the players. I like it, but I feel like the effects could be a little more unified AND more character-defining. Perhaps his identity could affect all three of his powers, focusing on tile effects. So each time you start a battle with him, or against him, you want to think "how will I approach this based on his identity?"

E.g. here is how I'd do his first two powers, and you could do something with the third that goes into it as well.

purpleflag.pngMany Costumes
    Hank Pym's heroic identity has changed many times over the years, each one utilizing experimental Pym Particles in different ways.

(Passive) At the start of the battle, Hank Pym assumes one of 6 identities, altering his powers.
    (Passive) Pym creates 1 special tile based on his current identity whenever you make a match in the associated color.

Ant-Man (Yellow): Create (x) Protect tiles.
    Giant-Man (Black): Create (x) Attack tiles.
    Goliath (Green): Destroy (x*3) tiles instead of converting.
    Yellowjacket (Red) Create (x) 1-turn Countdown tiles that deals damage to the enemy with the lowest health.
    Scientific Adventurer (Blue): Create (x) Healing tiles that heal your team at the end of each turn. (Note: reverse Attack tiles, basically)
    Wasp (Purple): Create (x) Strike tiles

Level Upgrades: Affect 1-3 tiles, tiles grow stronger

blueflag.pngPym Particles 6 bluetile.png AP
    If there are fewer than 6 Friendly Special tiles on the board, convert 2 basic or enemy tiles into Protect tiles. Otherwise, deal good damage.

Note: This is Ant-Man's version. If you have at least 1 cover in Many Costumes, the tile effects of this power would change based on his heroic identity.

Level Upgrades: Better damage, convert 3 tiles if there are fewer than 8 Friendly Special tiles.