Rules change every month

Options
Koolmind
Koolmind Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
edited January 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Devs, you can change rules but not so fast and don t do it without telling us first: sometimes summoning creatures with a spell is counting in the objectives sometimes not..
Sometimes when your creature is killed by emprisoned in the moon or is being frog, that s counting for a creature sometimes not.
In every game, rules don t change like i switch my tv channels..
Ps: sorry for my english

Comments

• Stormbringer0
    Stormbringer0 Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, I had that problem too. I use Rise from the Tides together Quarantine Field in my Dovin Baan Deck and suddenly the zombies didn't count for the summoning zombies objectives. This is frustrating, even more, when the change happens in the middle of an event wihtout any word to the community.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They should have notified everyone in advance.

However, it's not that difficult to hard cast 2 of anything these days. All you have to do is actually build a deck that includes it. It seems like everyone caught off guard by the recent changes were players that were using regular OP combo zerg decks with a single card to spawn off a couple tokens to fulfill requirements. Some may have even had 0 event cards and solely relied on loyalty spawn of tokens. It is a little bit like gaming the system since it puts you at an unfair advantage relative to the other players running sub-optimal event decks... and you got bitten.

Nevertheless, I'm actually on the side of the players here, because if they allowed us to save deck configurations, then it would be more feasible for everyone to actually design decks specific to the events.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah they should really have made a big announcement on this one. Very big change.

But changing 5 decks literally takes 10 minutes. Less, if you already know exactly what you're putting in.

Deck save slots would be nice, but saying it's not feasible for everyone to build specific decks every event is just erroneous.
  • Koolmind
    Koolmind Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    Yeah they should really have made a big announcement on this one. Very big change.

But changing 5 decks literally takes 10 minutes. Less, if you already know exactly what you're putting in.

Deck save slots would be nice, but saying it's not feasible for everyone to build specific decks every event is just erroneous.
    Agree with you but it s an other subject (even if it s a good point) the announcement is important
  • SeditiousCanary
    SeditiousCanary Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Upside: Thopter Spy Network no longer counts as "summoning a creature" for events.
    Downside: Dark Petition no longer counts as "summoning a creature" for events. Neither does Liliana, Defiant Nectromancer's Raise Dead ability.
  • AettThorn
    AettThorn Posts: 125
    Options
    Upside: Thopter Spy Network no longer counts as "summoning a creature" for events.
    Downside: Dark Petition no longer counts as "summoning a creature" for events. Neither does Liliana, Defiant Nectromancer's Raise Dead ability.

Upside: From the Beyond no longer counts as summoning creatures for green decks.
    Downside: Garruk's second ability summons wolves that no longer count towards the wolf objective.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Steeme wrote:
    They should have notified everyone in advance.

However, it's not that difficult to hard cast 2 of anything these days. All you have to do is actually build a deck that includes it. It seems like everyone caught off guard by the recent changes were players that were using regular OP combo zerg decks with a single card to spawn off a couple tokens to fulfill requirements. Some may have even had 0 event cards and solely relied on loyalty spawn of tokens. It is a little bit like gaming the system since it puts you at an unfair advantage relative to the other players running sub-optimal event decks... and you got bitten.

Nevertheless, I'm actually on the side of the players here, because if they allowed us to save deck configurations, then it would be more feasible for everyone to actually design decks specific to the events.

Not entirely true. I was running a fairly standard spirit deck but it used cards like Nearheath Chaplain and Sanctifier of Souls to create spirits. Considering those no longer counted when they made spirit tokens upon death I found myself just summoning a bunch of humans rather than hitting the mark for spirits. Not having Not Forgotten count was just an additional frustration.
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Noosegraf Mob says "...summon Zombie" but it doesn't count for summoning a creature. This doesn't make any sense.
  • AettThorn
    AettThorn Posts: 125
    Options
    Noosegraf Mob says "...summon Zombie" but it doesn't count for summoning a creature. This doesn't make any sense.

Basically, you need to cast the creature from your hand for it to count. It can't come as a by-product of something else. That's the way it is right now. Seems to have helped with summons from things like Trapped in the Moon being cast on your creature as a "summon" that counted against you. But seems to have introduced a whole heap of other issues.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You can also exploit it to your own advantage in other places. So it's a tradeoff.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They could have easily changed the wording from "summon" to "cast." Why are so many small things like that overlooked by the devs?
  • Magog
    Magog Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's an odd change, but my Kiora deck is quite thankful.

Crush of Tentacles plus two Desolation Twins gives me a lot of damage for only "two creatures".