Explain your team!!

Comments

• dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    The team I use most often for BE:

4 star.pngicon_cyclops.png
    3 star.pngicon_ironman.png
    3 star.pngicon_kamalakhan.png

As you could guess, get the 6 yellowflag.png for IM and fire recharge. From that point on fire Cyclops blueflag.png and redflag.png to gather AP. I tend to use it to create more yellow matches while IM is stunned, or to get extra green to fire off KK's greenflag.png twice in a row. My challenge is to see how many waves I can keep IM stunned for.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.png 5/5/3
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.png 5/3/5
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngThanos_Icon.png 5/3/5

COURT DEATH
    With the recent R117 fix Thanos' Court Death power now does 1/3rd of the damage to allies as it did on his release. I currently have him at level 166 and it does 4077 to all enemies and 1043 to allies. This means two of the game's best self-healers, Patch and Daken, can compensate for Thanos' damage. Plus, all those strike tiles Patch and Daken create add to the damage of Court Death, ending matches or waves of goons quickly once you down your first opponent.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_rocket.png 5/3/5
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngThanos_Icon.png 5/5/3

INFINITE POWER

Depending on what level your Patch and Daken are, it's unlikely Thanos is going to tank any colors for his purpleflag.png Infinite Power to be useful. Enter Rocket & Groot, switching in for Daken. R&G can still self-heal with yellowflag.png and add strike tiles with their blueflag.png I Got a Plan. This will allow Thanos to tank blackflag.png and purpleflag.png matches. Get some strike tiles out with Patch and R&G then use Infinite Power.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    My absolute favorite Big Enchilada team has become the following:
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngdrstrange_icon.png 5/3/5
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_bullseye.png 3/5/5
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ironman.png 5/3/5

TBE always has quite a few goons, so Strange constantly deals damage with his yellow. IM40 charges Strange's blue to stun tile movers and do damage, and he also charges Bullseye's green and purple so you can use those to finish off enemies and generate strike tiles. IM40's red can be used for a nuke if needed.

I have finished virtually every TBE since I started using this team with full health and a board full of strike tiles, and it usually goes pretty quick. Bullseye's strike tiles amplify Strange's passive damage so all the goons cause the other team to decimate itself.

The only "tricky" thing is ensuring that Bullseye is the one getting kills to make more strike tiles - this can sometimes be hard to time since Strange does so much passive damage. Even if you don't do that, though, you're still going to win easily.
  • Dormammu
    bigsmooth wrote:
    My absolute favorite Big Enchilada team has become the following:
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_bullseye.png 3/5/5
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ironman.png 5/3/5

I like it.

I've used the same team, except sub 3Cap for Doc Strange. Same principle, just using Cap's shields to override countdown tiles and IM40's blue to wipe out whole waves in one shot. I'll have to put Strange in next time and see if it plays faster.
  • Dormammu
    FOR GOON NODES ONLY

In the recent Rocket & Groot pve event there are several hard nodes with three goons. Well, no one batters goons quite like Dr. Strange, so I built a team to expedite his goon-busting abilities to their max.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ironman.png 5 in yellow
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.png 5/5/3

The strategy starts out as it so often does... IM40's yellow. This is to get Patch going as fast as possible before the goons get a chance to gain any footing. Once IM40's recharge has filled up Patch, use his green (twice if you have the AP), and then his red. This should fill the screen with strike tiles both for you as well as the enemy. But goons don't make matches, so those enemy strike tiles aren't a big threat.

(Important Note: Patch was buffed for this event, which really elevated things.)

Now it's time for Doc Strange to do his thing. Use his blue to stun a goon and get Strange's damaging countdown tile on the board. Just do this ONCE as you want the other goon(s) active. I like to bury it in a bottom corner to keep it safe. At this point you can just sit back and watch the slaughter, casually making matches. Protect Patch's strike tiles as much as possible. I was doing 2-3k damage per match while Strange's countdown tile was doing 7k damage per turn. When the non-stunned goon(s) dropped a countdown tile Strange's yellow was doing around 6k damage in retaliation.

Needless to say the goons didn't last very long against this onslaught. I was taking down level 300+ goons and never took a point of damage. This also worked in the nodes with Mystique + 2 goons. Patch's green and red would take out Mystique, preventing anyone from taking advantage of the enemy strike tiles Patch generates.
  • WalrusBrigade
    WalrusBrigade Posts: 94 Match Maker
    This is going to serve as somewhat of a bump, and not a team that I think is particularly "good." But Reed Richards is boosted this weekend, and while he is unchamped (4/5/4 at lvl 152) I thought I would try to find a decent team for him to be on.

Here is what I have got. Ideally you want Mr. F to tank so that he can soak up damage while healing with his yellowflag.png passive. That yellow will also get you some greentile.png if you have other FF characters in the fight. But Reed is typically low-leveled, and therefore unlikely to tank, and will only heal if there are a plethora of special tiles on the board. How do you accomplish both, and then what do you do with the green? Thing and IW have greens that are so expensive that getting a paltry 1/2 green off of a match doesn't really matter. IW at least puts special tiles on the board, but with a low frequency. Plus, since they are both 4 star.png they are likely to tank over Reed since they aren't LITERALLY THE WORST 4 star.png according to most rankings I've seen. I mean, which four star, when given the option, wouldn't you spend ISO on instead of Reed.

That's when I got my not great idea. There is one 4 star.png that produces special tiles, you are unlikely to level, AND might actually let Reed tank his own colors (+1 extra): icon_professorx.png

Remember that Prof. X that you aren't leveling because you don't want to screw up Winfinite? He's the secret to getting special tiles on the board, he can make himself invisible, which means if he does make a match then the next person in line (Reed, if you put them in the right place) get's shoved to the front. He also can boost specials . . . which is something I guess. The thing is in order to get this to work you need someone who is going to cast things often so Prof's yellowflag.png can fire.

Enter 3 star.pngicon_humantorch.png . Cheap(ish) redflag.png keeps specials on the board (and not limited to a single color, like other options), and he actually has a use for a single green, keeping his greenflag.png powered up. Plus he is a 3 star.png so he might not out level Reed and allow Reed to tank blackflag.png .

So the team is:
    icon_professorx.png 3/5/5 (or x/5/x)
    icon_mrfantastic.png 4/5/4 (or really x/5/x)
    3 star.pngicon_humantorch.png 5/3/5

The goal is to get Prof. X invisible quickly, then start firing as many powers as possible as quickly as possible. You don't worry about waiting until you have 12 greentile.png to use Johnny's greenflag.png because using the power will put more specials on the board, which means more chances to gain green through Reed's yellowflag.png . If you get their placement right then once PX is invisible you can focus on his matches (which might include blueflag.png and yellowflag.png depending on level) to boost specials while still putting Reed in front. Eventually you might cast Reed's blueflag.png or blackflag.png , but that is just gravy.

So there it is, my current attempt to actually make Reed useful. I don't think this is a good team, and I don't think you should ever play Reed Richards unless you absolutely have to or just feel like doing something different.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    FOR GOON NODES ONLY

I've been experimenting with this team in the lead-up to Venom Bomb, with all the special tiles I expect to encounter, and taking into account the damage taken when matching special tiles while Guard Dogs are active.

medusa_icon.png the main player, her heal and/or AP generation on matching special tiles keeps the team in the game, and Hair Meddle power to steal special tiles as much as possible
    icon_doctoroctopus.png friendly attack tiles on enemy special tile destruction, then his blue power to clean up any enemy tiles left after Hair Meddle, and on top of that his green can buff existing special tiles. also, when used with Medusa those two characters alone hit the rainbow
    icon_falcon.png 4 star.png this was a tough one as I could have chosen anyone. I've gone with Falcap for a couple of reasons, mainly for the tile buff and ability to do direct damage in a pinch (his high AP costs somewhat offset by Medusa's AP generation). also, his yellow is relatively cheap and floods the board with friendly protect tiles which can also heal team when matched away

this team may take a little bit of damage at the outset, but once you use Falcap's protection you are pretty well protected and constantly healed.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is going to serve as somewhat of a bump, and not a team that I think is particularly "good." But Reed Richards is boosted this weekend, and while he is unchamped (4/5/4 at lvl 152) I thought I would try to find a decent team for him to be on.

So the team is:
    icon_professorx.png 3/5/5 (or x/5/x)
    icon_mrfantastic.png 4/5/4 (or really x/5/x)
    3 star.pngicon_humantorch.png 5/3/5
    Very interesting. I've used Mr F (he's champed for me at LVL 271. RNG just works in mysterious ways!) with X-23 and Daken a good amount of time for three true healers, but Prof X is something that hadn't occurred to me. Daken wouldn't be a good third member. Maybe Psylocke for cheap red and black (since even Psi Katana is better than Imaginaut)? You miss out on green, but the red gets cheaper the more you cast it...and even cheaper if Prof X gives you strike tiles. I may have to try this one...

Edit - Tried it on a wave node and two single nodes in Hearts of Darkness. Wow, do Psylocke and Prof X work really well together. Special tiles for 8 (at most) red and 6 black allow Prof X to go nuts with his special tile generation. Add in the shields for 8 blue from Mr F, and the board gets very full very quickly. The only issue I have with the team, and it's a slight one, is that my Prof X only strengthens tiles if he matches purple; yellow and blue were both Mr F this time around. Depending on your levels and boosted characters, your mileage may vary. I may have to use this one more frequently.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    I've got a few...

For Goon Nodes:
    drstrange_icon.png 5/3/5
    icon_ironfist.png 3/5/5
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.png 5/5/3

Match green, and everybody dies. My wife says you can sub in star.pngstar.pngstar.pngThanos_Icon.png for star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.png and once court death goes off... Now I just need to fully cover Than-man

For The Big Enchilada:
    icon_elektra.png 5/5/3
    icon_scarletwitch.png 5/3/5

This gets nuts. The first wave is for building up greentile.pngredtile.pngblacktile.png and tons of purpletile.png so that you can fire off Patch's green, then one of Elektra's blacktile.png or redtile.png , then flip and boost all of the enemy strikes. I've gotten a single match-3 doing well over 6k damage, and if you get off both redtile.png and blacktile.png , fuggedaboudit.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Can I recommend that this thread be stickied? This is easily one of the most useful threads on here for me and with the format, it's something that can continue to grow as the meta changes. This is my go to thread when I need to try a new team.
  • WalrusBrigade
    Aw shucks! You're too nice. If it gets stickied, I'd probably actually invest the time to have a heading page with links to different posts based on characters. Right now I don't know how to do it, but I'm sure an internet search would yield good results. All the same, thanks for the support. I've been super happy with things people are posting. It gives me great ideas each new set of boosted characters.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Let's keep the the thread alive. Today I present a 4* team.

The team: Iceman(5/5/3) + Spider Gwen(5/5/3) + IM40(x/x/5).

Gameplay: Chase 6 yellow for Recharge, 3 green for White Out, and 3 purple for Teenage Kick (optional only for dealing with high lifepoint opponents)

Drop Recharge as soon as they will safely go off. During this time, if you haven't collect 3 green (an 3 purple, if needed) do so.

Once the Recharge tiles go off, you will have 12 red, 12 blue , 12 green (and 6 purple.)

(Below are numbers from lv 270 unboosted)

1. Use White Out (4655-6269 AoE damage) (Assume 6-12 blue tiles on the board)
    2. Stun someone with Build a Snowman
    3. Nuke the non-stunned opponents with Punch a Snowman (7494 single target) and Cherry Bomb (9390 single target)
    4. If you can't down two opponents already, stun the rests with Teenage Kick to buy you sometime
    5. Rinse and Repeat or switch to stun-lock mode with Iceman and Gwen.

Final damage output per cycle:
    6 blue tiles for WO: 14045 + 12149 + 4655
    12 blue tiles for WO: 15659 + 13763 + 6299

These are the highest numbers I can get out of one round of recharge and 3 green ap which also left the opponents stunned for 2-4 turns.

If include match damage, even at 6 blue, this combo is enough to take down two average lifepoint unboosted 4* (14k average) while the still-alive 4* is stunned for 4 turns
  • Spooky
    Spooky Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Hi,

there are many useful combinations in this thread, so i want to contribute something to it.

One team i use most times is for punching things:

icon_lukecage.pngredflag.png 3 yellowflag.png 5 blackflag.png 5
    icon_ironfist.pnggreenflag.png 3 purpleflag.png 5 blackflag.png 5
    icon_doctordoom.pngblackflag.png 3 blueflag.png 5 purpleflag.png 5

It's all about getting black, to let luke punch somebody.
    Use Fist purpleflag.png and Dooms blueflag.png to generate as much as possible and then start hitting.

It works well most of the time, only invisibility tiles give you a hard time, when they are hard to reach.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    A new combo that I've enjoyed using

icon_mrfantastic.png 5/3/5
    4 star.pngicon_deadpool.png 5/3/5
    icon_thing.png 3/5/5 - an unusual set-up but his red is mostly going to be ignored in favour of Deadpool's healing red

the key here is to get purpleflag.png and blackflag.png as quick as you can. deploy MrF's blackflag.png as early as possible to get the hits in while building up your purpleflag.png and greenflag.png

as soon as you have enough of BOTH purpleflag.png and greenflag.png , deploy both! Deadpool purpleflag.png to lay down those CD tiles, and hopefully Thing's greenflag.png will destroy a bunch while at the same time doing plenty of damage.

any leftover tiles, when matched away will give you a burst of health as well as greenflag.png AP.

use Mr F blueflag.png to keep matching and stunning the opponents that need stunning, and I usually finish off with a Deadpool redflag.png to get the true healing and save a few healthpacks

also, if Thing's yellowflag.png goes off, great! sure, he'll need a health pack after, but at 5 covers the protection is great and if matched away, you get a burst + greenflag.png AP
  • WalrusBrigade
    This is serving as more of a bump than anything else, because I don't have any of these people champed and two aren't even fully covered.

4 star.pngicon_lukecage.png 5/2/2
    icon_mrfantastic.png 4/5/4
    icon_warmachine.png 5/0/2

This started when I was trying to find a reason to use Reed for just about anything. I posted something I thought was bad earlier, and this is only marginally better. But it is fun, and its Reed's recent improvements there might actually be something there.

The goal is to have lots of special tiles, and lots of fortified tiles. You start by collecting blueflag.png so you can stun someone and use Reed's new switch ability to get more matches. Then, depending on if your opponent is firing powers and putting special on the board for you (with Luke's blackflag.png ) you want to get Luke's yellowflag.png off because that is what deals damage. On the way to doing that you would benefit from using either Reed's :blue flag:, blackflag.png or War Machine's redflag.png all three have the ability to put fortified tiles on the board, to boost the damage from Luke's yellowflag.png . You are going to take some hits, but those will be mitigated by protect tiles, and Reed's yellowflag.png healing you every time someone matches a special tile (which you should be pumping out with all three characters). Again, this isn't a killer team, but it has been fun and surprisingly durable, and that is before any of them are champed or before I can respect Reed.
  • ArcanaMoon
    ArcanaMoon Posts: 72 Match Maker
    As someone who is just starting to enter in the land of champion 3 star.png This team is not only fun to use, quite efficient, i have win in the defense. For me... thats quite impresive icon_lol.gif

Anyway, here is my team... my lovely and annoying team

3 star.pngicon_punisher.png 3/5/5
    3 star.pngicon_kamalakhan.png 5/3/5
    3 star.pngdrstrange_icon.png 5/3/5

The concept behind this team is quite simple in fact... FIRE EVERYTHING!

icon_punisher.png would be your "main tank" in this team since is he the one using the most amount of colors... kind squishy tank you said? It is in fact. However! thats way icon_kamalakhan.png is here and her yellowflag.png passive, combine with icon_punisher.png low cost skills can keep him (and the team) healty most of the fight.

drstrange_icon.png is here to keep the healing rolling and to... punish any ability fire to you. Just be sure to have icon_kamalakhan.png tanking purple for drstrange_icon.png

There not much to say about this team, is pretty straight foward and more durable than it looks. The best of all is its ability to save your heal since this team can hold its ground EVEN if everyone is at half healt at the start of the fight.

Only one thing, allways use icon_punisher.pnggreenflag.png over icon_kamalakhan.pnggreenflag.png Why you ask? Healing, if you use icon_kamalakhan.pnggreenflag.png her healing wont triger and the icon_punisher.png might take more damage than he should.

Anyway, i hope you enjoy this team, because i am enjoying it a lot icon_e_smile.gif
  • Roland113
    Here's a new team I discovered over the weekend:

icon_ironman.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png 3/5/5 or 5/3/5
    Thanos_Icon.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png 5/3/5 or 5/5/3
    icon_hood.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png 3/5/5

This is a new discovery and I don't have Thanos champed so I'm still working the details out but the trick is relatively simple. Get 12 yellow and 18 black, yeah, it takes a little to work that, but once you do, lay down 2 barrages of Ironman yellowflag.png and any Thanos greenflag.png that you can followed immediately by a double shot of Hood's blackflag.png, instant AP! Give it a turn and any Thanos greenflag.png will fire, wait another turn and IM40 comes back online and use your preferred attack (Red or Blue) to down one of the baddies, then let Thanos blackflag.png take over and you should be pretty close to being done with the round.

So, yeah, it takes a bit ap generation to get it started but once it starts, it ends . . . very quickly.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Roland113 wrote:

This is a new discovery and I don't have Thanos champed so I'm still working the details out but the trick is relatively simple. Get 12 yellow and 18 black, yeah, it takes a little to work that, but once you do, lay down 2 barrages of Ironman yellowflag.png and any Thanos greenflag.png that you can followed immediately by a double shot of Hood's blackflag.png, instant AP! Give it a turn and any Thanos greenflag.png will fire, wait another turn and IM40 comes back online and use your preferred attack (Red or Blue) to down one of the baddies, then let Thanos blackflag.png take over and you should be pretty close to being done with the round.

So, yeah, it takes a bit ap generation to get it started but once it starts, it ends . . . very quickly.
    That works but you can truly speed this up and it's still quite efficient. Just gather 6 yellow, 3+ green, and maybe 8 black. Just fire Recharge once as normal ensuring all 3 CD's resolve. That will get you to the 12 green needed for Thanos. Play the black to speed this CD up, by the time it goes off IM40 should wake up to down an enemy with red - or hopefully blue, so you can save the bigger red for any remaining opponents. Try to avoid overkill as much as possible!
  • Roland113
    Rick OShay wrote:
    Roland113 wrote:

That works but you can truly speed this up and it's still quite efficient. Just gather 6 yellow, 3+ green, and maybe 8 black. Just fire Recharge once as normal ensuring all 3 CD's resolve. That will get you to the 12 green needed for Thanos. Play the black to speed this CD up, by the time it goes off IM40 should wake up to down an enemy with red - or hopefully blue, so you can save the bigger red for any remaining opponents. Try to avoid overkill as much as possible!

Huh, you know, that's not a bad idea. I think I'm going to have to experiment more with this not to mention, champion Thanos but both strategies have merit. I like using Hood's black to reduce Thanos green and make it coincide with IM coming back online. I think I'm going to have to continue to experiment with this team.
  • Roland113
    Dormammu wrote:
    One of the things I don't like about Mystique is that she doesn't play well with many others. Rainbow teams suffer because to truly shine Mystique's blue Infiltration needs to be in play. Also, she'll eat all your purple and black in order for her to have any offensive use at all. With this in mind, I decided to pair her with two more passive characters and let Mystique do all the work.

icon_mystique.png 3/5/5
    icon_spiderman.png 3/5/5
    icon_scarletwitch.png 5/3/5

The idea here was two-fold.

#1 Keep the purple flowing for stuns, either from Mystique if I had enough black to use her Masterstroke, or Switch's Reality Crush if I didn't. Meanwhile, Spidey is flooding the screen with defense tiles. So purple was my priority match.

#2 Deny the other team AP. Many teams rely on Red/Green/Yellow so blue matches were my second priority, to use Mystique's Infiltration and keep my colors dominant. This also helps keep the purple flowing, which is always the top priority.

I tried using this group anytime I was looking at an opposing team I knew would rely heavily on red, green, or yellow. Match damage against me was insignificant after a couple of purple matches and Spidey's defense tiles were on the board. I'd usually have 3-4 of them on the screen at any time, so they'd mitigate a lot of AP power damage against me as well. This allowed my team to go deep into matches if needed.

If the board was favorable, I found myself using Spidey's blue stun a lot. On unfavorable boards I'd lean on Mystique's blue to shift the board back in my favor. On black-heavy boards the matches didn't last long; my Mystique's Masterstroke does 7.6k damage when she's shapeshifted. When black was in short supply, I'd use Switch's group attack as my main offense; trying to keep my enemies stunned with her and Spidey while I regrouped.

If this strategy sounds like it took a while... it sometimes did. But Spidey's defensive tiles really helped manage my opponents from doing any significant damage during the longer games.

Offensively in the SHIELD Simulator this was a fun team to play. Defensively... they didn't do as hot. The AI isn't anywhere near as adept at controlling the board as a player.

Ok, so I'm using a variation of this team in the 'Thick as Thieves' event. Being as Mystique is an essential and both Iron Fist and Switch are boosted, I used the three of them as a team. I don't have Spidy champed yet, so he's still a non-entity as far as my roster goes (Seriously, I'm missing Spidy, Rags, Sentry and Hawkguy from my list of champs . . . but I digress) . . .

So, I pretty much used Switch to funnel purple to IF who then funnels black to Mystique. It doesn't take a lot to get IF to convert to Haymaker style Iron Fists of Ku-Lan, follow that up with a Masterstroke to finish the bad guys off and it leads to a fun round.