2»

Comments

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    wereotter wrote:
    Lightcell wrote:
    Cowl Prowler and Wayward Giant are commons though aren't they?

The printed cards were commons, yes. One was just a big creature with no abilities.

Quite possible these will be lower power rares but designated as such since you have to get them through the referral program, potentially more valuable to the new player than the existing one.

I'd lay odds that your first two invites will result in two useless commons, but that the third will be a potentially useful rare. That'll "motivate" people to get three invites, which is what they're after.

Ooooo what kind of odds?
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    madwren wrote:
    wereotter wrote:
    Lightcell wrote:
    Cowl Prowler and Wayward Giant are commons though aren't they?

The printed cards were commons, yes. One was just a big creature with no abilities.

Quite possible these will be lower power rares but designated as such since you have to get them through the referral program, potentially more valuable to the new player than the existing one.

I'd lay odds that your first two invites will result in two useless commons, but that the third will be a potentially useful rare. That'll "motivate" people to get three invites, which is what they're after.

Ooooo what kind of odds?

Unfortunately, I was just using it as a figure of speech. =p In all honesty, though, doesn't that sound plausible?
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's no point to any of this if the powers that be don't come out and clarify their stance on alt accounts.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been warning my *actual* friends away from this game for months now. Friendships are worth more than this icon_e_smile.gif
    Ohboy wrote:
    There's no point to any of this if the powers that be don't come out and clarify their stance on alt accounts.

This is unquestionably one of the most important issues facing the community today. You should start a poll.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @brigby any update on when this will be released? Target week?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @brigby any update on when this will be released? Target week?
    This update is anticipated to be released tomorrow. I'll be sure to ask about getting the bug list approved for the final release notes.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:

Actually, further to this, is there a good way of deleting the alt accounts after we've got the free cards? We don't want all those empty accounts just floating around just making it seem like loads more people play the game than there actually are, do we?
  • nexus13
    nexus13 Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No Steve leave all the new alts in. The Devs will see the increased player count and buff the boss battles and we can have a FS event that runs all month long.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Updated to final release notes (1/19/17)
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The final release notes don't seem to mention the new, dark gems. Or the extreme lags which probably weren't intended.
  • Hibernum_JC
    Hibernum_JC Posts: 318 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just as an FYI to you guys, there's something that might not look like much but is actually a big deal to a lot of you:

Seasons' Past (and, incidentally, all the bugs that were related to returning creatures to the battlefield) is fixed. The issue was with returning the 2nd copy of reinforced transformed creatures, and is now fixed. Seasons' Past should no longer freeze the game, and Liliana 1's 3rd ability should no longer freeze it either.

Also we reverted the Hexproof change, so you can now again target your own creatures with Hexproof with your own effects. I'll take the proper time to explain why we made the change and why we reverted it in another post at a later time, but at least these 2 major issues are fixed.
  • MBonott0
    MBonott0 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Still crashing when get reward from event.
    Very nice.

Will try to play in next update. See'ya.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Seasons' Past (and, incidentally, all the bugs that were related to returning creatures to the battlefield) is fixed. The issue was with returning the 2nd copy of reinforced transformed creatures, and is now fixed. Seasons' Past should no longer freeze the game, and Liliana 1's 3rd ability should no longer freeze it either.
    Can confirm, Seasons Past is working quite well now. I uncovered a potential bug with Panharmonicon while confirming it, but I cannot get Seasons Past to lock up my board anymore. Thanks!
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for presumably fixing the Moon/Frog "counts as a summon" bug.
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    While I normally appreciate the list of bug fixes, more than a few of these seem defects in testing new features, not production bugs. That's... oddly upsetting.

It erodes trust, for one thing.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Fetch bugs still there
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    IF Ai steals your creature for one round and you get it back does this counts as another summon ?
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    IF Ai steals your creature for one round and you get it back does this counts as another summon ?

It certainly used to. But the patch note mentions this cryptic remark:
    "- Progress is added to the Burst objective when Returning a creature to the battlefield."
    Suggesting maybe it's been addressed? I have no clue how to read that, honestly. Could simply be referring to graveyard recursions?

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a good way to test it in a reliable fashion. You'd need a match with a creature summon tracker which is always on yourself when it appears in matches. Then the opponent needs a temporary steal spell on top of that.

Frog/Moon is easier to test as you can control that yourself and cast on your own creatures. Ideally not in an actual scored event where the outcome matters.

If someone has has the (dubious) fortune of being in a situation where it was tested unintentionally, I am interested to know, too.

EDIT: Looks like it was clarified elsewhere, sorry. Anything that isn't a creature card cast with mana from your hand will not count as a summon. This is actually great news on some difficult objectives, less great on others (no frog, moon, steal sabotages). But actually I think it makes overall builds easier.