Game "not clear" mechanics/interactions compilation

13»

Comments

• watman
    watman Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Morphis wrote:
    - if a creature is permanently controlled after it generated "activate" gems, matching those gem will benefit(or damage) the original owner.

Feel free to point out any interaction that felt "strange" to you.

For this one, it may be worth to add that any new gem activations will also affect the original owner - tested today when I Welcomed opponent's Priest of the Blood Rite to the Fold icon_e_wink.gif
    And I'm not sure if it wasn't even before the first activation...
  • Nothguorb
    Nothguorb Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    For Sarkhan's ult, dragons that entered the battlefield and have haste (either with flameshadow conjuring or reckless bushwhacker) don't do the 4x damage when they attack. It seems they should deal the 4x damage based on the wording of text in Sarkhan's third ability.
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Nothguorb wrote:
    For Sarkhan's ult, dragons that entered the battlefield and have haste (either with flameshadow conjuring or reckless bushwhacker) don't do the 4x damage when they attack. It seems they should deal the 4x damage based on the wording of text in Sarkhan's third ability.
    The problem for this is that the game imbues your Dragons in play with the ability when you trigger it rather than setting a trigger to fire off at the start of combat. Hence the effect is unlikely to change any time soon unless the developers start fixing all the bugs and patching up the code.
  • aenigmaeffect
    aenigmaeffect Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Probably well known, but putting it here to catalog:

Double strike and Trample against a blocker (blocked either because of Berserker or Defender-type):

If the first strike kills the blocker (will have appropriate trample damage), the 2nd strike does NOT trigger (so it doesn't do a 2nd strike of damage to the opponent, even though the creature is dead).
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2017
    With effects that return an opponent's creature to hand or to library, I noticed some discrepancies with token creatures, in that some effects allowed you to target tokens and some did not. I tested out all of the return effects I could find in my cards, and these were the results:

Creature Cards: effect triggers when your creature enters the battlefield
    Can target tokens
    - Murk Strider: "If your opponent controls 5 or less cards in hand, Return target creature your opponent controls to their hand"
    - Separatist Voidmage: "If your opponent controls 5 or less cards in hand, target creature your opponent controls is Returned to its owner's hand and gains 6 mana."

Cannot target tokens
    - Lashweed Lurker: "Target creature is Returned on top of its owner's library"

Spell Cards
    Can target tokens
    - Aether Tradewinds: "If you and your opponent have 5 or less cards in hand, target creature you control is Returned to your hand and target creature your opponent controls is Returned to its hand."
    - Anchor to the Aether: "If your opponent controls 5 or less cards in hand, target creature is moved to its owner's hand and you draw 1 card."
    - Clutch of Currents: "If your opponent controls 5 or less cards in hand, Return target creature your opponent controls to his hand."
    - Disperse: "If your opponent controls 5 or less cards in hand, Return one creature your opponent controls in the battlefield to its owner's hand. It gains 6 mana."

Cannot target tokens
    Gone Missing: "Return target creature to it's owner's library. Investigate."

Summary
    There are other cards that have Return effects, but these are the only ones I tested. Based on this, I would say it is very likely that any return to hand effect will let you target a token creature, and any return to library effect likely will not.

Also of note, return effects targeting a token act like a kill spell, and so will trigger any on death/on destruction effects (e.g. Eldrazi scions' mana gain).
  • AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Lashweed Lurker was nerfed ina recent patch so that it can't target tokens anymore.
    But Gone Missing should still work on tokens. I'm quite sure I killed a moon token with that...
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    AngelForge wrote:
    Lashweed Lurker was nerfed ina recent patch so that it can't target tokens anymore.
    But Gone Missing should still work on tokens. I'm quite sure I killed a moon token with that...

I just tested it again, and Gone Missing definitely does not allow you to target tokens. I also tested 3 additional cards:

Roil Spout: Return to library - does not work on tokens
    Just the Wind: Return to hand - does work on tokens
    Reflector Mage: Return to hand - does work on tokens

Of four return to library effects I've tested, none allow you to target token creatures. All return to hand effects I've tried so far do work on tokens, provided there are 5 or less cards in the opponent's hand.