Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Punisher

2»

Comments

• Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Champed 4Pun, wasn't expecting much trouble from C4rol. Used a G/Bk boost just for the heck of it.

Got a match-4 black on the first move, was able to lay down strike tiles and hit Carol for 10k by turn 3. She hit me a few times after that, but it was never in doubt.

reward: Fury I can't use, so 1000 ISO.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2017
    cubnad wrote:
    My LVL 130 2/1/4 failed on 2 attempts. Leveled him up to LVL 152 and went in with +2 blacktile.png / greentile.png , +2 bluetile.png / purpletile.png and +2 stockpile.
    Saved up 2 blacktile.png , greentile.png and 3 bluetile.png. Fired off first 2 bluetile.png when I got the AP. When I had 14 blacktile.png collected enough AP for another bluetile.png then fired off bluetile.png, greentile.png and 2 blacktile.png to finished her off.

token_legendary.png stockpiled until start of next season.
    Thanks for your post, cubnad - took me 10 tries with my 2/1/4 (152), but I got the win. Definitely would have given up if I hadn't seen your post first. Just had to keep trying until I got some decent board luck!

First ever crash win for me too! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    3/3/3 level 188. First try, no boosts (I got a really lucky opening board- had. 15 black by the end of turn 1!)
    Got a 5trange yellow.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Level 151 - 2/1/4

First try no boosts, lost terribly.
    Second Try used 50% boosts and 2 BL/GR - Failed
    Third Try used 2 GR/BL + 2 BL/PU + 2 ALL and squeezed in with 365 HP to spare.
    2 x bluetile.png , 1 blacktile.png , 1 :green

Got icon_professorx.pngblueflag.pngicon_e_smile.gif
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    4/1/3, tried a couple times at lvl 147 with no boosts with poor results. Leveled to 172 and did full ap boosts, denied yellow, and won easily. Stockpiled the token.
  • Dabrusky
    Dabrusky Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Did it on 1st try, lvl 120 4/3/4 with boosts +1 b/g, +1 all damage, +1all ap.
    Pulled a redflag.pngicon_deadpool.png
  • joaoleal
    joaoleal Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    4/3/2 lvl 115 punisher with +2 black/green ap. It took a few tries, 5 or 6.

My strategy was deny black as much as possible and collect blue and green when no black available. AI doesn't fire black and yellow on the same turn so there's an extra turn to collect more black/green/blue.

Fired two blues followed by 2 blacks and finished with 1 green. Puni had 800 health.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Level 180, 5/2/4, no boost. Beat it first try. Saved 14 black. Got strike tiles out, fired Army of One twice. Got lucky 2 times when Carol fired her black, it was matchable both times.

Real key is that Carol is very undercovered.

Stockpiled LT.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    273 5/3/5 Max had no trouble, first try no boosts. Just waited until I had enough AP to fire each of my powers once, and that was enough to down Carol. Passives on the black matches only did about 1K of damage to me, which was easy for me to shrug off.

Got a blue Ant-Man, another champ level.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    Needed 3 tries with my 141 5/3/4 Punisher. +2 G/B, but no damage boosts

Even undercovered, Cap was a pain. The damage wasn't so bad, but the AP gen and the cheap 5 yellow were what made it rough.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    This one was tough. Third try 5/1/4 Level 125 Punisher, +2 b/g, +2 all ap, +2 b/p. My first turn got me a match 3 black into a match 4 black which got me hit twice for around 1500 health. Got one more match 3 black and enough green to fire it once. Hit the green and the black twice, she had 276 health left, a black countdown out and 7 yellow ap. I had one blue match 3 available and it was enough. Took a lot of luck.

icon_ironman.pngredflag.png for my prize to bring him to Level 276. Spending the iso to bring him from 70 to 125 is going to set me back a day or two on champing my X-23 but I have almost 7 full days on her cover in my vine and she's at 260 so it was worth it.
  • Jav4
    Jav4 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Finished it on my 3rd try with a level 168 3/3/2, using +2b/g and +all. I got very lucky that she immediately matched away her countdown tile all three times she used her black. Which gave me plenty of time to build up the ap to use 2 blue, 2 black and a green to finish her off.
  • Got it first go with my 4/1/0 lvl 131 (+2 B/G, +2 all, +100% dmg) - had over 4k health left
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Took my 5/2/5 Punisher to my default Crash level of 127 and beat Carol on the first try, no boosts. Matching black of course fed her enough to use her black, but I had accumulated enough blue to use it twice. Blue, blue, green, and then black finished her off with about 2800 hit points still to spare.

blackflag.pngicon_hulkcho.png for my 3/4/5, so it's a likely 1k ISO. Ah well.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    4/3/2 181.

Decided to run face first into Energy Absorption in order to get Army of One, since it's the only power I have decently covered (and the board was green starved anyway). Two Armies and some match damage was good enough to get her down. She used her black twice also, but I was able to match the CD away both times before it wrecked me. Got it first try, opened a 5* Thanos!
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    I have my PunMax at 5/3/4 level 195. Carol is a good choice by the devs for this Crash because PunMax's black does so much damage that he would steamroll almost anyone else, but Carol's energy absorption adds a lot more strategy. With a bad board, she can really destroy you quickly, since she has two ways to gain black and it's super easy for her to get 5 yellow. If she gets strike tiles out early, her passive damage also hurts quite a bit.
    It actually took me 4 tries to win - I tried unboosted at first, but ended up using a +2 G/B AP boost. I was able to collect enough AP to use 2x blue, then green, then black, which wiped her out.

Reward was a icon_falcon.pngredflag.png . Not too exciting, but it's usable; he's now at 5/2/2.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    To make these feel like less of a dice roll they should start avoiding the low cost power characters.

He needs black, but she absorbs that and doesn't need to match it.

Denying 5 yellow is all up to your board.

If you are diligently matching black, even on your best, you will be left with a solo black tile somewhere, aka a loss.

I've gotten close but it doesn't feel challenging it feels tedious, but thats usually clash unless you have them well covered anyhow.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE wrote:
    To make these feel like less of a dice roll they should start avoiding the low cost power characters.

He needs black, but she absorbs that and doesn't need to match it.

Denying 5 yellow is all up to your board.

If you are diligently matching black, even on your best, you will be left with a solo black tile somewhere, aka a loss.

I've gotten close but it doesn't feel challenging it feels tedious, but thats usually clash unless you have them well covered anyhow.

I don't know what your build looks like, but depending, maybe try not matching black at all, unless it's to match away a CD? Blue is good enough to win on its own, with a bit of luck, and she ignores blue tiles so you should have an easy time getting that color. I'm pretty sure the AI does her abilities as yellow, then black, if she can do both in the same turn, so you should always have a turn to match the tile away even if you don't manage to deny yellow.
  • ninjar69
    ninjar69 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    cubnad wrote:
    My LVL 130 2/1/4 failed on 2 attempts. Leveled him up to LVL 152 and went in with +2 blacktile.png / greentile.png , +2 bluetile.png / purpletile.png and +2 stockpile.
    Saved up 2 blacktile.png , greentile.png and 3 bluetile.png. Fired off first 2 bluetile.png when I got the AP. When I had 14 blacktile.png collected enough AP for another bluetile.png then fired off bluetile.png, greentile.png and 2 blacktile.png to finished her off.

token_legendary.png stockpiled until start of next season.

Thank. Finally got it with my 131- 3 2 1 .
    Took about 15ish times. Got lucky. Slightly different only had enough black for 1. So used 3 bluetile.png throughout the fight, then 1 blacktile.png followed by 2 greentile.png n won. Saving token for now