How exactly do you hit 3000+?

Options
mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MPQ Tips and Guides
First of all, I'm not asking advice for me to do this myself. I'm just genuinely curious as to how people are doing this. I'm going to take a guess... let me know if I'm even remotely close to being correct!

1) Have at least two championed 5*s.
2) Play from the very start of the PVP, so you have 60 hours total.
3) That means you can do a 3/8 shield combination around 6 times, ie 12 shields total (1350 HP, which is not terrible).
4) Your first hop, you get to around 500 points. Then each subsequent hop, you do three high-scoring hops off grills or A-Teams. 3 x 75 = 225 points. You end by doing a grill, thus allowing your teammate to do the same and so on and so forth.
5) Thus, from 500 points over around 11 shields, you get 500 + (12 x 225) = 500 + 2700 = 3200 points.

Is that the general idea? How many hops do you do? How many battles / points per hop?

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Players scoring that high don't normally wait for the full shield expiry to hop. Since shields resets every 8 hours. They tend to use up both 3 and 8 hr shields (and even 24 hours) during that time. Therefore, they are spending much more HP each event hopping multiple times each 8 hours. Most probably use the 24 hrs shield to cover their sleep time (if they don't wake up in the middle of the night to hop). Also bare in mind that front running means it is unlikely that they are queuing targets worth more than 40-50 points during their hops. I don't even want to guess how much HP they spend each events let alone the schedule they abide to.
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Does people pump serious cheese in to this game I wounder what they will do when the game dies
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Andre MPQ wrote:
    Does people pump serious cheese in to this game I wounder what they will do when the game dies
    I assume they'll find Another game to obsess about.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:
    let me know if I'm even remotely close to being correct!
    You are not even remotely close to being correct. Pretty much every step is wrong, and illustrates your ignorance on high end PvP play despite NUMEROUS posts is NUMEROUS threads trying to explain it to you. There is plenty of advice in your own previous threads for how to score much higher. Try going back and reading them with an open mind.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It takes a lot of teamwork and coordination to get scores for the shard that high (and it's essentially impossible for one person to do it, just because it gets impossible to find queues worth more than one point).

Once you have the requisite number of people (20-30 at any time, I think) working towards it, it gets very freeform. Sometimes you'll be at the top of the shard, lucky to get 250 points in a hop (and basically hopping just to give a queue to the others); other times (like after sleeping), you'll be 5-600 behind and might be able to do a hop of around 1k.

And yes, you'll hear people say they can get those scores without that, but the fact of the matter is that it's only possible because other people are doing that work.