Iron Patriot skills?

Options
firethorne
firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion
I know Iron Patriot exists as a console exclusive character. Heck, he even has his own forum icon: icon_ironpatriot.png

I was just curious on what his skills were. I couldn't find them anywhere.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is hard to find on the forums as his skills were not officially released and very rarely discussed. Below is the most relevant info we have on his skills:

Iron Patriot is purpleflag.pngblackflag.pnggreenflag.png
    purpleflag.png creates purplecrit.png at your choice of location (up to 6 at max covers!)
    greenflag.png places protect tiles at your choice of location, over strike/protect/attack/CD at max rank
    blackflag.png is Avengers Assemble for the dark avengers. Avengers assemble summons Rags for starters and he busts columns 2, 3, 6 and 7. 5 AP of the other colors summons the following:
      blueflag.png : Daken
      yellowflag.png : Ares
      redflag.png : Moonstone
      greenflag.png : Sentry

https://d3go.com/forums/posting.php?mode=quote&f=7&p=432710
    • firethorne
      firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      It is hard to find on the forums as his skills were not officially released and very rarely discussed. Below is the most relevant info we have on his skills:

purpleflag.png creates purplecrit.png at your choice of location (up to 6 at max covers!)
      greenflag.png places protect tiles at your choice of location, over strike/protect/attack/CD at max rank
      blackflag.png is Avengers Assemble for the dark avengers. Avengers assemble summons Rags for starters and he busts columns 2, 3, 6 and 7. 5 AP of the other colors summons the following:

Awesome. I was always curious about him. That purple sounds bonkers overpowered.
      • Punisher5784
        Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        firethorne wrote:

Awesome. I was always curious about him. That purple sounds bonkers overpowered.

Agreed. Between the purple being placeable crits and the green also have placeable protect tiles, there is a whirlwind of possible winfinity possibilities. However I believe the AP costs for all of his abilities are really high (e.g. Nick Fury). I still think they should release Iron Patriot, they just need to tweak his abilities, like make the crit tiles random.
        • Polares
          Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
          Options
          firethorne wrote:

Agreed. Between the purple being placeable crits and the green also have placeable protect tiles, there is a whirlwind of possible winfinity possibilities. However I believe the AP costs for all of his abilities are really high (e.g. Nick Fury). I still think they should release Iron Patriot, they just need to tweak his abilities, like make the crit tiles random.

I don't remember how expensive purple is, but 6 crits now that we have 5s? This is probably the best ability in the whole game!!!
          • LordXberk
            LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
            Options
            Polares wrote:
            firethorne wrote:

I don't remember how expensive purple is, but 6 crits now that we have 5s? This is probably the best ability in the whole game!!!

With multiple critical tiles, are the properties additive or multiplicative? Using Thanos 5* w/ 4x crit multiplier and 671 damage on black as an example. If crits are additive, then we have 6 crits x 4x multiplier = 24x damage, which next to a black tile is 16k damage...but if they're multiplicative, then we have 4x multiplier ^6crits = 4,096x damage for a cool 2.7m damage, ha ha. Certainly you'd never use the ability that way (Ls, Ts, and Xs would be more useful for cascades), but it'd be hilarious.

So, yes, best power in the game.
            • Dayv
              Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
              Options
              The critical tiles aren't individually placed -- they have a set pattern in a star shape and I believe the player selects the center point similar to targeting for 3* Black Widow's green skill.

Still, that's a lot of critical tiles at one time.