Matchmaking during events

Options
AettThorn
AettThorn Posts: 125
edited January 2017 in MtGPQ Events
This is going to be a rant. Just giving you all fair warning.

Seriously, though, I am getting amazingly frustrated with the matchmaking during events. If you're going to give us objectives, and force us to use certain Planeswalkers, that make us use un-optimized decks, can we please, please stop being paired with whatever decks people have out there that are clearly optimized? Trying to use Chandra2 (and trying to take 15 or less damage with her) while going up against clearly optimized decks such as a Sorin with Olivia and that stupid battle pig is just frustrating. It's worse when you play against the same deck multiple times while doing the nodes.

Is this being worked on at all? I'd love to actually be competitive in these events without getting hosed by facing decks that are just filled with mythics, and clearly aren't part of the event nodes. I know that you can pull any deck that someone that has joined the event has, but then I should be playing against 20,000 different decks, not the same 10 over and over.

Comments

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agreed.

And to add to this, I feel like you have to look at the full repertoire of planeswalker abilities when determining objectives. I got paired off on the red node against original Chandra. Try not taking 15 damage when every other turn the AI uses her first ability to ping me directly for 4 damage on top of any other creature or spell damage you might run up against.

If it was impossible to be paired off against her in this event that objective might make more sense, but it's not. And like you've mentioned, it's really annoying to go up against decks that are making zero effort to use energize since they're not decks tooled for the event.