Would you ever farm a 4*?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion
I'm just curious. Many people farm 2*s, some pledge to farm 3*s when they get there. But would you ever farm a 4*? They are actually pretty good when max-champed. Maybe you'd keep that max-champed 4* and just start a new one for another 1000 HP?

My highest 4* is only at lv 299, so I have a ways before I need to worry about this personally.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    like the 3s, I would dupe the best and keeping the top one and farming the bottom ~1/2? i'll get right to that...maybe in the year....2025 or so.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    God, no. I'm pretty sure I won't even farm 3*s, since they apparently take over a year to max out at the rate I pull tokens.

Meanwhile after a full year my highest 4* is Jean Grey at 302, and she had a 9-cover head start from a dupe. At that rate I'll have her maxed in what, early 2020? No way would I sell her, if I'm even still playing then.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    I'd have to test it but I think boosted maxed 4* see level 500+ 5* so as powerful as they are it's quite muted by the competition they are in.
    I'd farm them though. Once you get rolling, you can create fully covered dupe 4* relatively easily.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I doubt I'll ever sell a max-champed 3* or 4*. I'll just create a dupe and go from there.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you are not a mega whale it is a problem you won't 'suffer' maybe ever. (Having a 4 at max champion level icon_razz.gif)

My highest level champion is just 314, still 56 covers away from max champion level, after one whole year of champions (and the number of 4s was much smaller then than what it is now, so more dilution). If the rate of getting 4s doesn't increment exponentially I think I will probably need at least a whole year to finish it, but probably more.

And to build him again... two more years! This is crazy!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    At my rate it will take another year or more to max champ a 4*. Building dupes seems more plausible. 1K HP and some iso are much easier to handle, rather than throwing away years or progress. And all the value provided by 400+ boosted 4* champs.

And how much woild it suck to sell of a trash tier like fantastic 1 month before he eas buffed to greatness?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    My highest is Deadpool at 326, so it'll be a while, but I'll start a dupe for sure.

ISO investment will hurt, but maxed 4s are WAY too good to sell off.
  • Polares
    Also, anybody knows how much iso/HP you get when selling a max champ 4? Because there might be a big deficit with the 375k required to champ a 4...
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Also, anybody knows how much iso/HP you get when selling a max champ 4? Because there might be a big deficit with the 375k required to champ a 4...

It's 320k. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=45176&p=528451&hilit=price#p528451

Much like 2 & 3 are Iso profitable through farming, I'm sure 4s are also. But the time investment is insane to see any real value from it.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they ever increase the rate at which we acquire 4*'s where such a thing doesn't seem as some laughable impossibility, I'd likely create a dupe character once I max-champ the first.
  • Quibbles
    Quibbles Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Hard to believe, but there are actually a very small number of people who are farming 5* characters.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wanted to answer your poll but I felt like it was missing an answer....

"Is this possible ?"

Farming 3s is a struggle because of how long it takes
  • Polares
    Quibbles wrote:
    Hard to believe, but there are actually a very small number of people who are farming 5* characters.

Again, it is hard to believe, but with enough money, it is easier to farm latest 5s than any other 4 !!! Better chances (5% vs 1.7%), CS exchanges 6th covers and you just need 3 extra roster slots! icon_razz.gif
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Only the good ones. If a 4* is boosted to 479 and you still aren't using it in PvP or PvE then you can sell it, otherwise I would keep it.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Quibbles wrote:

Again, it is hard to believe, but with enough money, it is easier to farm latest 5s than any other 4 !!! Better chances (5% vs 1.7%), CS exchanges 6th covers and you just need 3 extra roster slots! icon_razz.gif

But "enough money" is kinda underselling it. It's probably $250k-300k to even think about 550s. Maybe a bit less if you always use buy clubs and take advantage of amazon points/sales.