Bring Back the REAL NOP

Options
bk1234
bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Remember when we spent hours putting together our scariest decks and spent 2 days fighting it out? That was fun.

The "new" NOP sucks. The objectives are arduous and don't make sense for the colors in which they are assigned. Absolutely no thought was put into crafting an event that is fun an enjoyable.

The 22 hour timeframe is ridiculous for a coalition event.

REAL NOP was most of our favorite event -- it wasn't broken, it didn't need to be fixed. GIVE IT BACK TO US.

Comments

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sooooo much yes to this
  • nerdstrap
    nerdstrap Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    10, 20, 50+ identical scores is not fun
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nerdstrap wrote:
    10, 20, 50+ identical scores is not fun

Why does a coalition event need individual rankings? Individual events should have rankings -- coalition events whether PVE Or PVP should just have coalitions scores and progression rewards-- this would give us back our most awesome event and stop all the moaning about ties.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I couldn't disagree more. NoP is the only somewhat fun event going right now. The challenges are actually challenging, unlike **** or EMN, only the best coalitions get rewarded and it is nice and short.

IF -> Similar but way longer... super grindy and intense with high stakes and forced PWs =(
    FS -> Yawn, do I really have to play the same deck for the 30th time this event.. uh oh lost 5 point to Scrapheap. Rinse repeat... for 3-4 days.

I would love to see new events with better structures, but I do not remember the old NoP fondly. Oh, wow yet another 65 way tie for first place. How utterly boring. No incentive to experiment with my decks in the least.

I think the community would be better served to help develop new ideas for fun and challenging events rather than drag this dog back up. Just my opinion.
  • Mainloop25
    Options
    The ties aren't a problem with the event, the ties are a problem with events in general. Don't confuse the two!
  • PastrySpider
    PastrySpider Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think what people are asking for in an event with no secondary objectives so they can play their best decks against each other. That obviously causes big problems with ties right now. My suggestion would be to make an event similar to the story events with good and challenging progression rewards (e.g., last tier of progression requires you to win at least 90% of the matches to get all the reward) but then have no ranking reward. No stress about ties, everyone gets their best decks, rewards still there for those that do well.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bring it back!
  • Mainloop25
    Options
    I think what people are asking for in an event with no secondary objectives so they can play their best decks against each other. That obviously causes big problems with ties right now. My suggestion would be to make an event similar to the story events with good and challenging progression rewards (e.g., last tier of progression requires you to win at least 90% of the matches to get all the reward) but then have no ranking reward. No stress about ties, everyone gets their best decks, rewards still there for those that do well.

I like it. I believe this idea has been floated around a few times before, as well.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bken1234 wrote:
    top all the moaning about ties.
    I do have to agree with You that the only way of stopping ties is eliminating individual progression altogether

In fact the only way of eliminating frustrations caused by bugs and crashes is hmm
    not playing icon_e_biggrin.gif