Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Punisher

jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Managed to get him fully covered at 5/3/5 lvl 170. I've not played with him much, so while trying to familiarize with his skills, I was not sure how his Black skill would work in a Crash. The way Punish reads, it seems that it will never become Army of One, since the requirement is downed/stunned allies. On the other hand, it is possible that he will start with Army of One, since there is "no one to get in his way or hold him back."

No Previous Runs.

Comments

• Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    While I normally play him at 5/5/3, I think I am going 5/3/5 too for this, since there’s no downed enemies to increase Merciless Charge’s damage either. The three strike tiles of 147+ damage will likely add up more in the end. I’m thinking maybe 3* Bullseye for the opponent? History in the comics, two cover overlap, and he exploits special tiles.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    L291 punmax so not worried about this one.

Moon Knight might be an option if its not Bullseye. Both want to rush black and green for offense and don't really care about the third color.
  • L291 punmax so not worried about this one.

Moon Knight might be an option if its not Bullseye. Both want to rush black and green for offense and don't really care about the third color.

moon knight would be a real troll opponent pick. maybe cho since theyre the same colors???
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    274 5/5/3.

Should be a walk in the park.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Anon wrote:

Historically, those don't turn out too well for Frank.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    I've got him champed at 5/5/3 but can only imagine 5/3/5 is the better build for a solo match. Given how strong his black is once he's alone, I can't imagine anyone really being a big trouble for him.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I have him at 5-3-1 level 160 and i was wondering how his skills that deal with stunned/downed enemies work in a one-on one. I can level him more, but 160 should be enough, with boosts, right?
  • Anon
    Tatercat wrote:
    Anon wrote:

Historically, those don't turn out too well for Frank.

I c wut u did der
  • Anon
    I have him at 5-3-1 level 160 and i was wondering how his skills that deal with stunned/downed enemies work in a one-on one. I can level him more, but 160 should be enough, with boosts, right?

This is a good question. Does he start the match with Army of One activated? Does Merciless Charge do the bonus damage for there being only one enemy?
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Anon wrote:

This is a good question. Does he start the match with Army of One activated? Does Merciless Charge do the bonus damage for there being only one enemy?

If I had to guess here I would think Merciless Charge does nothing extra but Army of One is active from the start. Who knows though. Still I probably have nothing to worry about as RNG blessed me with a champed PunMAX.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    We already know from the Howard Crash that Merciless Charge won't net you bonus damage. He didn't have Punish/Army of One in the Crash vs Howard though, so I guess we'll have to wait and see how that will work for us. My guess is that he'll have Army of One active from the start, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    5/3/5 lvl 271 Frank here. Using no power ups to see how bad the Carol fight would be. Three blue powers later, she fell pretty easily.

LT gained Blue 5* Dr. Strange! Consider me happy!
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    My 5/5/3 level 270 MAXie did it on first attempt without boosts. Even tough Cap Marvel was undercovered (2/2/2 I think) her Energy Absorption was pretty nasty since they both have the same strongest color (black). Denying black was no option for me so she hit me he hard with her black and yellow combo. Since her Strike tile was ridiculously strong (545) Carol got me down to 2k health quickly. But then I had enough AP to use my blue, green and black abilities in one turn which downed her finally.

LT is stockpiled.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Duke wrote:
    Since her Strike tile was ridiculously strong (545) Carol got me down to 2k health quickly.
    Interesting. I checked prior to the start of my match, and I think her strike tile was in the 700s. I didn't check the number of covers she had, though.

Punmax starts out with Army of One as his black, and has Merciless Charge as his green.

My 5/4/1 Punisher made it through without boosts, and had about 3K health left. While she didn't match a single black in the entire match, she did end up with about 25 yellow AP. She got her black off solely with the blacks she gained from her Energy Absorption, but fortunately her countdown tile was destroyed when it was on the same row as her match-5 yellow the next turn. So...yay? A blue, black, and green trifecta of Punmax's abilities left her with about 600 health, which was taken out with another match and a second Army of One.

LT is stockpiled until I can champ the two 4-stars currently sitting at 13 covers.
  • Anon
    274 5/5/3. Probably should've gone 5/3/5 though. Either way she got her Black off fairly quickly and 2 strike tiles later used her Yellow which did nasty damage and buffed the strikes. It was tough but luckily got enough to chain Blue into Black. 2 matches later and she was dead.

Got a Red Agent Venom cover to bring him to 3/1/0.
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    My LVL 130 2/1/4 failed on 2 attempts. Leveled him up to LVL 152 and went in with +2 blacktile.png / greentile.png , +2 bluetile.png / purpletile.png and +2 stockpile.
    Saved up 2 blacktile.png , greentile.png and 3 bluetile.png. Fired off first 2 bluetile.png when I got the AP. When I had 14 blacktile.png collected enough AP for another bluetile.png then fired off bluetile.png, greentile.png and 2 blacktile.png to finished her off.

token_legendary.png stockpiled until start of next season.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Started with a level 131 3/2/5 Frank. First two tries went nowhere as the board was starved of blue and green, and black was, nastily, feeding HER black and dealing damage to me when I matched it. Her black and yellow powers are also really inexpensive, so those first two fights didn't last long.

Third fight, I leveled him to 150. Lasted a little longer, but board was still starved of blue/green.

Fourth try I added AP boosts, at which point the board decided to be more cooperative in giving me blues and greens. Two blues, one black, and a few matches (a couple of which were match-5) did for Carol.

Legendary yielded a icon_deadpool.png champion level.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/1/2 at 135.
    B/G AP +2
    B/P AP +2
    B/G damage 50% boosts.

1st try. Lots of green and blue on the board, was able to collect 2 black just from lining up with other colored match 4 which avoided activating her Energy Absorption.

Got off Green and Blue twice, made a single black match to get me to 7 for Army of One, which all but destroyed her.

In retrospect, should have saved Green till I had a few Strike tiles out.

For my trouble a Green Thing, putting him up to Level 271, his Leg token spit out a Purple Electra bringing her to 273.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Started out at 114 with a 5/4/2 Pun. Lost first attempt before I even got off a power, though I was stocking piling my colors a bit too much. Raised him to 140, lost second attempt. Won on third trying firing off two black and one blue. Very straight foward battle.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Took 5 tries with a level 168 2/2/4 Pun. Had to use +2all/+2 blacktile.pnggreentile.png /+2 bluetile.pngpurpletile.png boosts and got out of there with 335 HP left. Having to deny myself from being able to use my best color really sucks.

Got a 4th champion level Nick Fury for my struggles