*** The Hulk (Indestructible) ***

Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    I'd rather have a fourth or fifth Anger tile than extremely temporary immunity.

Good point. How about the following?

If Hulk is Very Angry (3+ anger tiles), any attack that would stun or kill him is negated.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Option 2. Use GSBW purple ability. Spray paint over the purple tiles with green. Pop berserk. For some reason I find this approach evil.
    Seems like a waste of the skill when you could make two or three criticals and suck up a bunch of green AP instead.

But then, I'll use almost any skill instead of Berserk Rage.
  • Dayv
    DayvBang wrote:
    I'd rather have a fourth or fifth Anger tile than extremely temporary immunity.

Good point. How about the following?

If Hulk is Very Angry (3+ anger tiles), any attack that would stun or kill him is negated.
    Interesting, but I'm not sure Anger needs tweaking. It's his red I want changed.
  • so 3 5 5 or 5 3 5? any high level players want to share their thoughts?
    black seems to be a must but the other 2 are still up in the air
  • If you read through the thread, there's lots of insight from high level players with direct experience.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Liaomiao wrote:
    so 3 5 5 or 5 3 5? any high level players want to share their thoughts?
    black seems to be a must but the other 2 are still up in the air

I really don't think it matters much. The benefits from going 3->5 are pretty marginal on green, and red is very rarely used as I usually pair Hulk with Punisher (Patch is a common pairing too, and he has the superior red). I personally went 4/4/5 since those are the first red/green covers that I had, but I don't think it matters as long as you have 5 black.
  • Dayv
    I really don't think it matters much. The benefits from going 3->5 are pretty marginal on green, and red is very rarely used as I usually pair Hulk with Punisher (Patch is a common pairing too, and he has the superior red). I personally went 4/4/5 since those are the first red/green covers that I had, but I don't think it matters as long as you have 5 black.
    Base damage also increases with each level of green skill, not just number of tiles destroyed.

I love his green and black skills. For me, the red is just a way to reach max level and occasionally do some damage if I have little to no green and there isn't so much green on the board that it will backfire.
  • Can some please explain exactly the mechanic behind Hulk's anger? I thought I understood the mechanic, however, the other night – this happened:

Patch – Berserker range, I match to get Hulk up front
    Other team makes a match, Hulk takes damage – and it was like watching a green popcorn machine for about 30 seconds. Wiped out all three hombres on the other team. “wow – that’s cool”, I said out loud. My wife looked at me, shook her head…

On a given turn, does the anger generate an anger countdown tile :
    1. 1 tile each match doing total damage up to or exceeding 5% for the turn? (ie 2 level cascade, each doing say, 8%, cranks out 2 angers?)
    2. 1 tile for each 5% of cumulative damage done during the turn (ie if hit for total 16% of damage, crank out 3 angers)
    3. …or some other mechanic…?

There are a lot of pretty colours flashing when this goes on, and I’ve not been able to notice a pattern.
    Oh, and I’m lazy, so I thought I would just ask someone… icon_e_wink.gif

I took a quick boot scoot through the Hulk character thread, and didn't see anything definitive on the actual mechanic.

I apologize if this has already been posted; if so, please point me in the right direction. Thanks.
  • It's option 1.

For each separate hit he takes, it generates one tile, so long as each hit is 5% or greater.

I've had 7 tiles generate on one enemy cascade before.
  • Each attack that benefits from strike tiles once counts as one unique attack. So OBW using Espionage counts as 2 hits and both hits can trigger Anger if they do enough damage, while attack tiles only count as one hit for Anger, even if you've something crazy like 500 strength attack tile X 4, it's still only one hit.

Note that Hulk's Anger benefits from your strike tiles when it does damage to the other team, but not your own (thankfully).
  • SirKopath wrote:
    It's option 1.

For each separate hit he takes, it generates one tile, so long as each hit is 5% or greater.

Thanks much for info
  • Vinny J wrote:
    Can some please explain exactly the mechanic behind Hulk's anger? I thought I understood the mechanic, however, the other night – this happened:

Patch – Berserker range, I match to get Hulk up front
    Other team makes a match, Hulk takes damage – and it was like watching a green popcorn machine for about 30 seconds. Wiped out all three hombres on the other team. “wow – that’s cool”, I said out loud. My wife looked at me, shook her head…

On a given turn, does the anger generate an anger countdown tile :
    1. 1 tile each match doing total damage up to or exceeding 5% for the turn? (ie 2 level cascade, each doing say, 8%, cranks out 2 angers?)
    2. 1 tile for each 5% of cumulative damage done during the turn (ie if hit for total 16% of damage, crank out 3 angers)
    3. …or some other mechanic…?

There are a lot of pretty colours flashing when this goes on, and I’ve not been able to notice a pattern.
    Oh, and I’m lazy, so I thought I would just ask someone… icon_e_wink.gif

I took a quick boot scoot through the Hulk character thread, and didn't see anything definitive on the actual mechanic.

I apologize if this has already been posted; if so, please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

This is why I giggle to myself when I find a patch team. Invariably they went 5g, and that means hulk gets to be REALLY mean to the enemy, at the cost of only 1 health pack.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it me or just the way the Simulator event went, but is the Hulk a little OP? More specifically his black? Don't get me wrong, I think damage output and mechanics are spot on, but the number of green tiles black can generate seems a bit high?
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Is it me or just the way the Simulator event went, but is the Hulk a little OP? More specifically his black? Don't get me wrong, I think damage output and mechanics are spot on, but the number of green tiles black can generate seems a bit high?

Of course it is but don't speak too much about it, since I love Hulk. It's a mechanic that's easy to abuse. I will let myself take damage with the hulk as a quick AP generator. People were complaining about the high level doom fights, but I was using his demons to spam black passive every turn! Right now with Spidey it means full strength Hulk every fight. I have wanted to keep him on par with Patch, but honestly I think I might push him first. I don't have any red cover's though, so he is **** for me. I need a strong red in my team.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:

He's balanced by the fact that his green/red are pretty mediocre. His sole purpose is to intimidate with/utilize black with his high hp, so I don't think he's overpowered.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    He fits the role of "tank" along with characters like IM40 and Ragnarok-- high health, not that powerful skills, and some utility (IM40 recharge, ragnarok green gen, Hulk green gen/aoe dmg).
  • I find that Smash does a surprising amount of damage just because it's really common to find yourself sitting on 30 green when Hulk is being hit by guys who hit hard enough to trigger his Anger, and a 30 green Anger is at least 5K+. One thing I noticed is that if you only have 10 green left, always do Thunderous Clap first, because if you do Smash you still lose 10 green but you get no extra damage.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    My hulk is pretty noob with 5/0/1, but I loved his green in the last event. ..
    U remember those fields where there's just no tiles left of the colors u need at all? Hulk claps his hands 2 times and u get a whole new field to work with XD
    Also sweet against the countdown tiles that u just can't seem to reach <3
    And his lifepool kinda was awesome as well let just take him some hits, u can be sure he wont die ^^
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    klingsor wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Of course it is but don't speak too much about it, since I love Hulk. It's a mechanic that's easy to abuse. I will let myself take damage with the hulk as a quick AP generator. People were complaining about the high level doom fights, but I was using his demons to spam black passive every turn! Right now with Spidey it means full strength Hulk every fight. I have wanted to keep him on par with Patch, but honestly I think I might push him first. I don't have any red cover's though, so he is **** for me. I need a strong red in my team.

I'm there with you, I'm 5/0/1 with my hulk, I would rather be 1/0/5, but yeah where are his red covers/
  • Phantron wrote:
    I find that Smash does a surprising amount of damage just because it's really common to find yourself sitting on 30 green when Hulk is being hit by guys who hit hard enough to trigger his Anger, and a 30 green Anger is at least 5K+. One thing I noticed is that if you only have 10 green left, always do Thunderous Clap first, because if you do Smash you still lose 10 green but you get no extra damage.

Yes that true. I would always opt for thunderclap too. With 30 Greens you can delete 18 tiles + over 1.2k Dmg with a good chance to get a lucky cassade. second clap 13, last one 8 Tiles tiles + damage. you are doing more damage with green, than once to use red. His green is a perfect board cleaner icon_e_smile.gif and his red is only usefull with 14 reds and 0 green tiles.

Thats why i love hulk vs fastfood patch icon_e_biggrin.gif patch use his green(best 5) and after this, the thunderclap comes icon_twisted.gif