**** Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) ****

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am loving her yellow!!! Works great with Cho's Blue! I imagine it will be great with SWitch's purple as well! It's a great power! Way better than Hood's Black icon_razz.gif
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Over__Flow wrote:
    Wondering about winfinite using her with a red generator and 2*mag, would need to harvest tons of purple and red though.

That already doesn't sound very promising. Especially once they fix Magnetic Flux's AP cost. Why would you need Purple, though? Mags Purple wouldn't help this "combo" any.

Also, she's a non-bo with Drax so don't bother there.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    With her Yellow proc'ing on any countdown I'm just rolling the current PvE using her/Cage/3*Torch.

Cage drops his protect tile and once I have 5 Green for Torch then Carol infinitely buff's Cage's protect tile to where it's over 800 in just a few turns and I only have 1 Yellow cover for Carol. For some real fun cast Torch's Green a second time to have her double buff every turn.

She's is going to be insane with any character who has a repeating 1 turn countdown (Torch, Blade etc).

KGB
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    KGB wrote:
    With her Yellow proc'ing on any countdown I'm just rolling the current PvE using her/Cage/3*Torch.

Cage drops his protect tile and once I have 5 Green for Torch then Carol infinitely buff's Cage's protect tile to where it's over 800 in just a few turns and I only have 1 Yellow cover for Carol. For some real fun cast Torch's Green a second time to have her double buff every turn.

She's is going to be insane with any character who has a repeating 1 turn countdown (Torch, Blade etc).

KGB

+1 to Carol/Cage/Torch. Just don't let Moonstone steal your super protect tile...
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Like many people I only have her 1-green 1-yellow and there are already circumstance when she's fun to have on the team. Very cool character
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    mdreyer93 wrote:
    +1 to Carol/Cage/Torch. Just don't let Moonstone steal your super protect tile...

So. Many. Times.

icon_mad.gif
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    So when are we expecting her to be added to Legendaries? I'm really hoping I don't have to wait until next season.
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Over__Flow wrote:
    Wondering about winfinite using her with a red generator and 2*mag, would need to harvest tons of purple and red though.

Use scarlet 3/5/5, 2* mag 3/5/5
    Let scarlet LV higher than Carol. Make purple became the strongest color
    Carol yellow could tag Scarlet blue counting tile and mag red counting tile
    mag purple create critical and increase red tiles to the board
    scarlet green could also generate AP
    This procedure make a lots of ap and may go wininfinity
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    So when are we expecting her to be added to Legendaries? I'm really hoping I don't have to wait until next season.
    Probably next season.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    She seems like a pretty great addition. My one criticism though is that it seems like it might have been a better to add her and a 5* version for Christmas, instead of Thanos.

After all, what could be more festive than Christmas Carols?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    fanghoul wrote:
    She seems like a pretty great addition. My one criticism though is that it seems like it might have been a better to add her and a 5* version for Christmas, instead of Thanos.

After all, what could be more festive than Christmas Carols?

It took a while, but you got there in the end. . .

high marks for perseverance!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a 2/4/4 Carol and I definitely agree with 5/5/3 being her best build. Her green is far too inconsistent and there are times where I willingly left the AI strongest color out, only for them to match something else. Definitely frustrating.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon wrote:
    Probably way better teams, but I'm having fun with Carol, Daken, and Loki. A few green matches, the AI matches 4, and hilarity ensues.

I saw a variant of that in pvp earlier, except it had Starlord instead of Daken, less strikes to buff but a lot more countdowns.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    Anon wrote:
    I have a 2/4/4 Carol and I definitely agree with 5/5/3 being her best build. Her green is far too inconsistent and there are times where I willingly left the AI strongest color out, only for them to match something else. Definitely frustrating.

This is a good point. While the ai will eventually match its strongest color, this is not something that ai will do every time it has an opportunity (like a match4). So expections should perhaps bea bit lower than for something like loki's green.

That said, it's more reliable on defense. How many teams can ignore their strongest color? Carol will be annoyong to fight. And with her black/yellow combo for offense. She is fairly solid all around.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Anon wrote:
    Sorry but I don´t see the general advantage of having her yellow power at 5 covers. When you want to take full advantage of 5 yellow covers, you need at least one character who produces a large amount of special tiles. And especially in 4* there are only a few characters who do that: Blade (whose Strike tile production is inconsistent), Carnage (high team damage), Kate Bishop (destroys friendly Strike tiles), Nova (color overlap in yellow and black, so definitely not the best choice), Punisher (who improves friendly Strike tiles by 25% on his own).

The only 4* character, who would benefit from her maxed yellow power, is War Machine at 5/3/5. Since he combines Strike tiles & CD tiles production and has no color overlap, he would be an ideal partner for Carol.

Finally it´s a situational decision: When you see that the enemies´ team has the same strongest color (it`s not that hard to find it out), you definitely benefit from her maxed green power.
  • Fun combo Carol + Steve3 + starlord.
    Wait for SL passive then red shield, Carol yellow loop for as long ad you have 3 yellow ap for Carol yellow
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Over__Flow wrote:
    Fun combo Carol + Steve3 + starlord.
    Wait for SL passive then red shield, Carol yellow loop for as long ad you have 3 yellow ap for Carol yellow
    That's one of the first team combos I thought of, plus get Carol's strikes going just before that for constant buffing.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Skygazing wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    This Sentry combo sounds hilarious with Strike tiles out, assuming the tiles are strengthened in between tile resolutions.

They are not, unfortunately. Tile strengthening seems to occur in a similar way to PX when invisible. At the start of the turn all countdowns resolve as usual, and once they've finished Carol's Yellow passive activates for each one that hit 0.

Wait, it does actually resolve in between, I have just tried it on the sentry node in rocket vs groot pve!!! Test it, it does work! Same for peggy too. Also sometimes it feels like maybe if the countdowns are on the same row it does not activate between for some reason. But carol's passive definitely does work in between different row countdown activates

edit: it feels like the first few (2?) countdowns go off, before carol's passive starts triggering everytime a countdown goes off

With carol, 5/5/3 sentry seems best icon_e_smile.gif

Carol Damage per ap is pretty insane, even if you do the 8 black into 5 yellow right away, that is 11674 / 13 = 898 dmg per ap which is pretty high for a single target 4* nuke. Plus, gathering 8 black and 5 yellow should be faster than getting 13 black. Usually I try to leave the fortified countdown up for 3 turns (the fortified means it will usually survive 3 turns), then use the yellow to target it when I need to-- and then the tiles her black generated get buffed. Pretty insane self synergy
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    3* Blade also seems like a good ally for her. He generates strike tiles, and has a perpetual 1-turn count down tile.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    This Sentry combo sounds hilarious with Strike tiles out, assuming the tiles are strengthened in between tile resolutions.

Wait, it does actually resolve in between, I have just tried it on the sentry node in rocket vs groot pve!!! Test it, it does work!

Agreed, I've been using Sentry with Carol in the goon nodes and I can't believe it. Drop his Sacrifice strike, then World Rupture, and try like mad to avoid matching his CD's.
    I swear I got 13 of them to resolve, and it hit the goons for a total of over 10K each, which ended the match of course. It took forever to run it out then I had to pick my jaw back up off the floor. I was hoping to see final increased value of the Strike tile before the end, but couldn't obv.

My 3rd was BagMan just to help ensure I did as little match damage as possible before World Rupture! icon_e_biggrin.gif