**** Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) ****

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm looking forward to covering C4rol so I can use her with Peggy and Jean:

- All powers cost more
    - Match strongest color? Lolz thanks for the AP (and maybe AOE damage)
    - Match 5? ZAP UPSIDE YA HEAD
    - Strikes galore, AOE and single target damage, stuns
    - Peggy's blue triggers Executive Decision 3x
    - Perfect rainbow with 3 passives and no active color overlap

Something girl power something something.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Blame the invisible hand of the whatever, this one had more poll responses.

I did say he could have his, mine was only still there because I couldn't delete it.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    I really like her. Managed top 10 in Deadpool with a strategic snipe so have all of her covers and she's a lot of fun! Pairing perfectly with Blade and Cage in the DA Heroic; get a few of Blade's Nightstalker's out and she's buffing all over the place! I got Cage's protect up to 1300 before because it was the only special on the board due to a lack of red making Blade's Thirst not proc.

I think 5/5/3 for maximum buffage, but 5/3/5 is also pretty good.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    Gari wrote:
    No one sees the winfinite. NOt surprising.

4* CMarv, Kingpin, Scarlet Witch? Might be fun in PVE. You'd need 7 yellow AP and 8 purple AP to get it rolling.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    Switch is a great starter for emgines that run on purple, but she cannot be part of any infinite engine. She can never make more than a single CD each turn.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Switch is a great starter for emgines that run on purple, but she cannot be part of any infinite engine. She can never make more than singoe CD without ending a turn.

I am pretty sure that Gari guy was either trolling us, or didn't know what he was talking about. We would've figured out a winfinite by now.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Jarvind wrote:

- All powers cost more

Looks like a great rainbow team! Now I need only nine more cover for Carol to champion her. icon_e_sad.gif

By the way, do you think that she'll be added to the legendary tokens at the beginning of Soul Gem Season?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Duke wrote:
    By the way, do you think that she'll be added to the legendary tokens at the beginning of Soul Gem Season?
    Probably not since her introductory PvP is the first event of the season - usually the PvP needs to be over Before the character is added to tokens.
    I Think we might see one of her covers as the final reward in the SHIELD simulator though.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    Jarvind wrote:

- All powers cost more

This team might lack a bit in the special tiles creation front, Jean green is a bit too expensive for this, and Peggy doesn't create any. Maybe Kate can be another team for the girl power team, her purple adds a lot of strikes and a countdown (but you might not want this one to go off). Black and blue also adds countdowns to trigger Executive Decision. In 5 land we have PH for the team, with 9 red you get 4 very nasty strikes to buff, and if PH dies you can fire Carol yellow to bring her back immediately and then buff the tiles icon_e_biggrin.gif

Punisher can also be a good teammate for her in 4 land, his blue is very cheap and it creates a lot of strikes that then can be buffed by Carol, even though he doesn't create any countdown. Maybe Blade too. KP has countdowns and if her blue countdown resolves also strikes (building him 3/5/5 make sense then).

Not that many good strike tile creators in 4 land, I thought there were more...

Edit:

OMG! I forgot probably the best strike tile creator in 4 land !!! Nova!!!! They overlap a little bit, both in yellow and black, so at least, I don't feel as bad for forgetting him icon_razz.gif
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Polares wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:

- All powers cost more

This team might lack a bit in the special tiles creation front, Jean green is a bit too expensive for this, and Peggy doesn't create any. Maybe Kate can be another team for the girl power team, her purple adds a lot of strikes and a countdown (but you might not want this one to go off). Black and blue also adds countdowns to trigger Executive Decision. In 5 land we have PH for the team, with 9 red you get 4 very nasty strikes to buff, and if PH dies you can fire Carol yellow to bring her back immediately and then buff the tiles icon_e_biggrin.gif

Punisher can also be a good teammate for her in 4 land, his blue is very cheap and it creates a lot of strikes that then can be buffed by Carol, even though he doesn't create any countdown. Maybe Blade too. KP has countdowns and if her blue countdown resolves also strikes (building him 3/5/5 make sense then).

Captain Marvel (Carol Denvers) icon_e_biggrin.gif

(esp since it is placeable countdown, compare with rocket & groot, it can survive at least 3 turns usually-- and it's fortified at 5)
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:

- All powers cost more

Honestly, I think between Carol's own strikes and the crazy buff to them when Peggy's CDs go off, that would be more than enough. Jean's green would be more of a bonus if the tiles happen to be out.

Good points though!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just realised that if you use Carol with Banner, you basically will have Hulk all the time! You just need to get the 5 yellow while Banner is Hulk, and when the other team kills him and goes back to banner, you start then your turn, place the hulk countdown, and then fire Carol's yellow, and Hulk is back!

This combo is great
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    I know I'm some random chump with a 0/1/1 build but this character gets two thumbs up from me even in her current state.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Polares wrote:
    I just realised that if you use Carol with Banner, you basically will have Hulk all the time! You just need to get the 5 yellow while Banner is Hulk, and when the other team kills him and goes back to banner, you start then your turn, place the hulk countdown, and then fire Carol's yellow, and Hulk is back!

This combo is great
    Exactly, and add the aforementioned Grocket to the mix (which offers a better active green power than Banner's IMO), they should tank yellow & green for Carol. Banner tanks black prior to transform, and then Hulk tanks green for all.
    5 yellow and she quickly gets R&G's blue CD to resolve, then starts to buff the strikes. Don't forget all the extra match damage you get from Hulk with all those buffed strike tiles.
    You will actually WANT Hulk to get KO'd so that you get to yellow the CD again, ha.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Rick OShay wrote:
    Polares wrote:

This combo is great
    Exactly, and add the aforementioned Grocket to the mix (which offers a better active green power than Banner's IMO), they should tank yellow & green for Carol. Banner tanks black prior to transform, and then Hulk tanks green for all. [Dangerous vs heavy Red or Purple teams obv.]
    5 yellow and she quickly gets R&G's blue CD to resolve, then starts to buff the strikes. Don't forget all the extra match damage you get from Hulk with all those buffed strike tiles.
    You will actually WANT Hulk to get KO'd so that you get to yellow the CD again, ha.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Carol is looking like a beast. I want to run her, Peggy, and Medusa.

But I'm slightly annoyed that her tile icon is the Ms Marvel "bolt" and not Captain Marvel "star".
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Definitely some interesting team combos being discovered already! I enjoyed her combo with Human Torch in the loaner node, if you have her black tile and his green out at the same time, her strike tiles were getting buffed each turn by HT's countdown resolving (even if he has no green left) as it was putting down her extra strike tile first, making for some insane damage, and then a massive hit when her black countdown resolved
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably way better teams, but I'm having fun with Carol, Daken, and Loki. A few green matches, the AI matches 4, and hilarity ensues.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Anon - I hadnt thought of that, but yes I can already imagine the joys of that combo!
  • Wondering about winfinite using her with a red generator and 2*mag, would need to harvest tons of purple and red though.