Secret/Undocumented Cover Bonuses

akboyce
akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
This may belong in character discussion but General Discussion gets more traffic and this is somewhat important.

I was wondering if there was a list of all the characters with secret or undocumented buffs associated with additional covers in certain colors. These are not listed on the wiki but have MAJOR implications for the correct way to spec some characters. I know of two:

Classic Magneto Purple:
Listed Effect: Increases number of swapped tiles

Unlisted Effect: Increases damage per swap (not sure exact percentage increase but I believe it was like 10% increase from 3 covers to 4)
Seen at transition from 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 (may happen at all levels)

Moonstone Red:
Listed Effect: Increases damage per red title

Unlisted Effect: Increases base damage (again not sure exact percentage increase)
Seen at transition from 3 to 4 (may happen at all levels)

For those deciding how they want to build characters these kind of hidden buffs are very problematic. Looking at the wiki I thought Classic Mags did not need 5 purple since the odds of having 13 tiles was low but the increased per tile swap is VERY substantial. I think all changes that occur from using a cover need to be listed in the "At Level X:" text. This is a smaller issue with respec on the way but is still something people need to be aware of.

What other characters have unlisted buffs with increasing their covers?

Comments

• Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Hulk's green has a damage boost
  • C. Storm's 5th blue gets a damage boost.

It's ridiculous that all of this is undocumented and not available in-game in some sort of glossary/menu. Too busy pumping out another 3 star character every 8 days.
  • Are we sure the damage boost isn't because the characters are higher level? It seems every undocumented bonus listed so far has to do with damage amount, which I can see as just being a natural side effect of leveling your hero.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Mizake wrote:
    Are we sure the damage boost isn't because the characters are higher level? It seems every undocumented bonus listed so far has to do with damage amount, which I can see as just being a natural side effect of leveling your hero.

100% sure. If you go to the skill of the character then use the cover from that screen you will immediately see the number change. No ISO or levels added only the cover.
  • Marvel NOW! Magneto's red ability generates AP based on the tiles it destroys.
  • OBW's blue heals more with each cover as well.
  • This thread is great. One request: can OP update the first post so that all the information is in one place, and can this post be stickied in Tips and Guides?
  • One of the tip says 'if an ability destroy tiles it generates AP unless it says otherwise', though I found this tip to be inconsistent. For examle Magneto Now's blue obviously does not generate AP for destroying tile, but his red does, and neither says anything about about generating AP.
  • Hood's Intimidation.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Hulk's green has a damage boost

Wait really? If that's the case I would rather have mine 5/3/5 than my current 5/4/3 with 4/4/5 in mind (threw out 3 green and 2 reds. With the respec incoming I coukdnt bring myself to throw another one out since I need 2 black.still).
  • grunzadin
    grunzadin Posts: 52 Match Maker
    And we're sure this isn't a case of comparing boosted and unboosted heroes?
  • Hulk's green scales with covers and is undocumented, for sure. Check the wiki, it has all the values for L15 Hulk green.
  • grunzadin wrote:
    And we're sure this isn't a case of comparing boosted and unboosted heroes?
    Nope. We aren't blind... icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed that Punisher's Damage is off. I have a lvl 141 3/5/5 Build Punisher and it's as follows

Lvl 3 Molotov Cocktail
    Damages enemy team for 668 creates red CD tile that spreads every 3 turns and attack tile does 55 damage, it says at lvl 4 it will do 66 damage

Lvl 5 Judement, destroys 3x3 and creates 3 strike tiles of 104 damage a piece

Lvl 5 Retribution, downs below 40% does 1482 dmg

The damage on the tiles is correct but he also gets 4.0 on crit and generates 4 enviro tiles.

Everything is right except black on the main character compendium is correct
  • Modern Hawkeye's 5th red cover adds roughly 100 damage to the ability which isn't listed in the tooltips of the ability.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Classic Storm's blue damage does not go up at 5 covers.