Patch Notes - 11/13 Discussion

Options
124»

Comments

• hogunner wrote:
    This is conjecture on your part unless you actually work for MPQ and have direct insight into the goings on within the company. It's true that some companies appear to be run this way and perhaps MPQ is, too but just to make that kind of blanket statement doesn't make it true.

Lots of companies respond to a vocal customer base as customers tend to get vocal before they start voting with their wallets and most companies don't want to wait until "after" the money goes away to make changes.

I think it is reasonably fair to use broad blanket statements when they cover the large majority. They are always going to have exceptions. Here are some more:
    People like eating food.
    People like sex.
    People like to watch movies.
    People wear clothes.

Every single one of those has large number of exceptions, but in general are still true. So is your supposition that I am wrong and that complaining about a price increase on a forum, without any related financial impact is going to change it? I would be willing to take that wager.

As to the secong point, many companies have to worry of customers going to their rivals if disatisfaction is great enough even before financial impact. It is more true of larger more visible companies that also have to worry about media coverage which can cause even greater outcry and threaten their public image and therefore bottom line. Pretty sure that is not a great concern here. As to competitors, if you can find another superhero based puzzle match battle game, please let me know. icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
    Options
    Lord_Jadem wrote:
    As to the secong point, many companies have to worry of customers going to their rivals if disatisfaction is great enough even before financial impact. It is more true of larger more visible companies that also have to worry about media coverage which can cause even greater outcry and threaten their public image and therefore bottom line. Pretty sure that is not a great concern here. As to competitors, if you can find another superhero based puzzle match battle game, please let me know. icon_e_smile.gif
    Let me know too. I not only would like to study it, I could use another Puzzle RPG that isn't a P&D clone. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Lord_Jadem wrote:
    hogunner wrote:
    This is conjecture on your part unless you actually work for MPQ and have direct insight into the goings on within the company. It's true that some companies appear to be run this way and perhaps MPQ is, too but just to make that kind of blanket statement doesn't make it true.

Lots of companies respond to a vocal customer base as customers tend to get vocal before they start voting with their wallets and most companies don't want to wait until "after" the money goes away to make changes.

I think it is reasonably fair to use broad blanket statements when they cover the large majority. They are always going to have exceptions. Here are some more:
    People like eating food.
    People like sex.
    People like to watch movies.
    People wear clothes.

Every single one of those has large number of exceptions, but in general are still true. So is your supposition that I am wrong and that complaining about a price increase on a forum, without any related financial impact is going to change it? I would be willing to take that wager.

So are you talking about the "large majority" or are you talking about the exception? You can't argue both points but you seem to be trying to. icon_razz.gif
  • Here's the thing: by charging for cover slots, the game company is able to be generous with covers, in the hope that we will buy the slots to use them.

That's a lot less toxic than other models they could have used.
  • The Marvel War of Heroes card game employs the opposite - Gives you 70 card slots for free but if you want want to win/recieve a semi-decent card you are looking at spending around £50 per card and they require 2 to become complete. Everyone quickly gave up using the shop and just directly starting trading using the in game power packs (health packs) as a currency (where 1PP = around £1). Best card in the game is going to cost you around 250 - 300pp easy. To compete in any event you have to spend at least £100 to come in the top 1000. Basically - Its a royal mug off!

The MPQ variant of giving you the covers and making you pay for space is what initially drew me in and kept me playing. I think someone said there are 26 characters in this game and between the PVP & PVE a player is going to collect around 20 for free within a week of solid play -> with a competitive team to be ready in around 10 days! Compare the same time period to War of Heroes and you will have 2 4* cards if you are lucky (max is 8* ultra legendary) - you wont be able to battle anyone - you won't place higher than 50000th in an event and it will quickly dawn on you that this game is going to cost A LOT!!! There is no depth or tactics - just place 5 cards against an opponents 5 cards and whoever paid the most money wins!

Although the cover slot price increase did catch me out hard - the fact that I have sweet covers sitting in my cache means I have to play the game more to collect the HP to use them.

As the game progresses obviously we who started early will hold a far greater advantage in terms of covers collected and leveling but the tournament dynamic of only taking big points from players with a higher score means we can only hit newbies in the first battle of an event then we are open to attack and far less likely to retaliate to anyone in the lower ranks for the remainder.

All is fair in love and puzzle quest at the mo! (Just give us a few good cards from this nefarious pack lol!!) icon_lol.gif