appreciate the release pace

I've been noticing a disturbing trend in my posts. the early ones were largely positive feedback and exploring questions, as of late it's been a lot negative feedback, due to rising costs and differing philosophies of the game business model primarily. I truly like the game, so let's turn that around. Are there things that really annoy me as of late? yes. Are there unique aspects that i love? yes!

@devs: I want to encourage you on your release process. to release new content and patches every 3-7 days takes discipline and a well tuned team. to release them bug free (at least I haven't noticed any) is quite the feat. As a software developer working on 2 week release cycles I can appreciate the effort required. kudos.

@IceX: you do a great job moderating the forum. there are very few communities where the user base actually feels heard and not just along for the ride of whatever the devs throw at us. the forum is a good indicator of player engagement. there's a lot of activity for you to wade through but anytime I see your name on a thread I know it's worth a read.

I think you've got something special here in this game, please keep on the pulse of the community and don't lose it. once you alienate a community it's very hard to get it back.

Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    I agree completely. I'm also in the software development business, and the turnaround time on content/patches is ridiculously quick. While a lot of things are planned in advanced, the team must be working really hard, and hopefully not too disheartened by the recent surge of negativity. If 2-3 days go by and there is nothing 'new', it's almost surprising at this point.

IceIX is also quite wonderful.
  • Definitely agree with this. The fact that people are playing a f2p game with regular updates and new events without having to pay a dime is awesome. It's a shame to see so many complaints.
  • Agreed. Amazing content schedule and forum presence by the devs.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    adamLmpq wrote:
    Definitely agree with this. The fact that people are playing a f2p game with regular updates and new events without having to pay a dime is awesome. It's a shame to see so many complaints.
    Just chiming in here. Thanks for the kudos from all in the thread, it's most appreciated. Seeing complaints though? That's fine on this end as long as they're constructive. We may have a few dozen people over at Demiurge and D3 making and constantly playing the game and always having eyes on it, but there's always a time when developers get "too close" to what they're making. With new fresh eyes looking at the game and a multitude of personalities looking at the game in the wild, it's great to hear some of the things that internally we just accepted were not actually being up to snuff. Case in point: Mission rewards. No one really raised their hands at having to run a mission a ton of times to get all 4 rewards. It's a grindy game by nature, so that wasn't really a surprise. Get it out in front of a ton of brand new players? We saw pretty quick that it's not the best way to run that out.
  • +1 to the positive feedback.

Even though there has been stuff I don't agree with, lots of good new content updates since "launch." Keep it up IceIX and team. icon_cool.gif
  • Yes, the pace is really good. I would say sometimes even too good icon_e_wink.gif Thornament, Lightning rounds and Heroic all at the same time in middle of week? When I am supposed to sleep? icon_e_biggrin.gif

And IceIX does truly amazing job, in particular that he does it all alone and it's not his only responsibility. Keep it up! icon_e_smile.gif