****Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)****

GrumpySmurf1002
GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion
Moderator note: we have two threads on this character, so I'm locking the one with fewer poll responses and comments. The live thread is over here.

-DayvBang

Sure, I'll do it. While I have confirmation of the max damage at 5 powers, I'm estimating 3/4 based on same conversion. Close enough for discussion (shouldn't be off by more than +/- 0.5% for each)
Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
4 Star Rarity (Legendary)
At Max Level: HP: 13995 Tile Damage: ??/??/??/??/??/??/4.0x
    Photonic Barrage - 8 blacktile.png AP
    Captain Marvel soars around the battlefield, firing off Photonic Blasts at her enemies. Converts a chosen basic Black tile into a 5-turn Countdown tile that creates a strength 32 Strike tile every turn, and deals 1500 damage when it expires.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Creates a strength 46 Strike tile every turn, and deals 2074 damage when it expires. Level 3: Creates a strength 69 Strike tile every turn, and deals 2602 damage when it expires. Level 4: Creates a strength 96 Strike tile every turn, and deals 3769 damage when it expires. Level 5: Creates a strength 112 Strike tile every turn, and deals 5991 damage when it expires.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Creates a strength 135 Strike tile every turn, and deals 5070 damage when it expires. Level 4: Creates a strength 187 Strike tile every turn, and deals 7344 damage when it expires. Level 5: Creates a strength 220 Strike tile every turn, and deals 11674 damage when it expires.

Executive Decision - 5 yellowtile.png AP
    Captain Marvel takes charge and rallies her team to get things done! Reduces a chosen friendly Countdown tile to 0.
    (PASSIVE) Whenever a friendly Countdown tile expires, improve 1 random friendly tile(s) by 56
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Improves 1 random friendly tile(s) by 78 Level 3: Improves 2 random friendly tile(s) by 101 Level 4: Improves 2 random friendly tile(s) by 146 Level 5: Improves 3 random friendly tile(s) by 222
    Max Level
      Level 3: Improves 2 random friendly tile(s) by 194 Level 4: Improves 2 random friendly tile(s) by 280 Level 5: Improves 3 random friendly tile(s) by 427

Energy Manipulation - 0 greentile.png AP
    (PASSIVE) Captain Marvel's energy absorption allows her to deflect enemy attacks and power up her own. Whenever the opponent makes a match in their strongest color, gain 2AP in your strongest color. If they are the same color, deal 394 damage to the enemy team.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 552 damage to the enemy team. Level 3: Gain 3AP in your strongest color. Deals 648 damage to the enemy team. Level 4: Deals 863 damage to the enemy team. Level 5: Gain 4AP in your strongest color. Deals 1132 damage to the enemy team.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Gain 3AP in your strongest color. Deals 1263 damage to the enemy team. Level 4: Deals 1683 damage to the enemy team. Level 5: Gain 4AP in your strongest color. Deals 2207 damage to the enemy team.
    Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Dormammu
      Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
      I think Baglady might be a good friend for 4Carol. Girl power!
    • vinsensual
      vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
      If it meets conditions, does the damage component of her passive happen IN ADDITION to the AP gain? Taking 2000 aoe damage just trying to collect AP is gonna be real annoying. This restriction only encourages me to use IM40 who is coincidentally nerfed for the next 2 weeks because of reasons.

I wasn't here to witness the 3* power creep late into their development. But I came just in time to witness the 4* annoyance creep of Agent Venom, Thanos and now Carol.
    • elwhiteninja
      elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
      man put her, punisher max, and im40 together. For 8 blue and 6 yellow you have some insane strike.png tiles
    • Lytes420
      Lytes420 Posts: 63 Match Maker
      vinsensual wrote:
      If it meets conditions, does the damage component of her passive happen IN ADDITION to the AP gain? Taking 2000 aoe damage just trying to collect AP is gonna be real annoying. This restriction only encourages me to use IM40 who is coincidentally nerfed for the next 2 weeks because of reasons.

I wasn't here to witness the 3* power creep late into their development. But I came just in time to witness the 4* annoyance creep of Agent Venom, Thanos and now Carol.
      Vinsensual,aoe damage is for enemy team,not your own.so if black is the strongest colour for both teams,if they make a black match,at 5 covers,you gain 4ap and enemy team gets hit for over 2k.at least that's how I understand it.pretty potent power if that's what it actually is.
    • elwhiteninja
      man put her, punisher max, and im40 together. For 8 blue and 6 yellow you have some insane strike.png tiles
      LOL on recharge and i had 2000 str strike.png tiles
    • vinsensual
      vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
      Lytes420 wrote:
      vinsensual wrote:

Vinsensual,aoe damage is for enemy team,not your own.so if black is the strongest colour for both teams,if they make a black match,at 5 covers,you gain 4ap and enemy team gets hit for over 2k.at least that's how I understand it.pretty potent power if that's what it actually is.
      Yes I'm aware the aoe damage is to the enemy team, my train of thought didn't make a distinction from a friendly Carol to an enemy one. It's gonna be real annoying taking free aoe damage just for matching. The workaround off the top of my head being to lead your team with someone with a passive/useless first color.

Then on a separate note I ask if the AP gain and aoe damage work on an "either or" situation or an "in addition to" one. Specifically, if the enemy makes a red match and both of your strongest colors are red, do you gain AP and deal aoe damage?
    • Vhailorx
      Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
      vinsensual wrote:
      Lytes420 wrote:
      vinsensual wrote:
      Then on a separate note I ask if the AP gain and aoe damage work on an "either or" situation or an "in addition to" one. Specifically, if the enemy makes a red match and both of your strongest colors are red, do you gain AP and deal aoe damage?

The text of the description is ambiguous. I read it as an either/or power. But that's obviously unconfirmed. Any sandboxed accounts out there want to test?
    • elwhiteninja
      Vhailorx wrote:
      vinsensual wrote:
      Lytes420 wrote:
      vinsensual wrote:

The text of the description is ambiguous. I read it as an either/or power. But that's obviously unconfirmed. Any sandboxed accounts out there want to test?
      i spent 1 million hp trying to pull a green one and didnt get it so cant help i pulled 6 covers in that million hp so im happy that i didnt spend real cash on that
    • Jarvind
      Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
      C4rol + Peggy = LOL PWNED
    • hodayathink
      hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
      Jarvind wrote:
      C4rol + Peggy = LOL PWNED

Peggy + Carol + Medusa. Ha.
    • Zirtak
      Zirtak Posts: 92 Match Maker
      Dormammu wrote:
      I think Baglady might be a good friend for 4Carol. Girl power!

Short haired C4rol looks more like a H4rold.
    • alaeth
      alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
      Wow, he Yellow passive is insane... pair her with a garantee CD tile generator (TA Hulk or SWitch) and you've got some AP gains.
    • Vhailorx
      Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
      Can anyone confirm how her green works? If both teams have the same strongest color, does her passive do damage AND generate ap, or just do damage?

Edit: answered in other thread. She does both damage and ap generation!
    • OzarkBoatswain
      OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
      The first two powers are awesome and the passive is a nice bonus. She looks like a top tier 4* and the best 4* released since Peggy.

Might make 5* Hulk better now that you can do his transformation faster. 5* Steve (new & improved version) is another easy pairing.
    • Dayv
      Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
      We have two functionally identical threads on this character, so I'm going to lock this one (the other thread has more comments and poll responses). Please use this thread instead.
    This discussion has been closed.